Christians-don't you agree the world needs more Christian action heroes and superheroes?

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:00 pm
@Ceili,
They need more Asian Christian heroes.
Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Mother Theresa filled the bill, non?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:07 pm
@saab,
All these other Christian hero types I listed are types they need in comics.
Everything is not about superheroes or the hero types you described.
Action hero is s general term to describe heroes in action comics.

What's wrong with comics about missionaries? They need those too.

Comics also talk about sci-fi heroes, but some of that stuff goes against the Bible.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:09 pm
@Ceili,
Christian Asian heroes, African heroes, Hispanic heroes, Native American heroes, etc.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:39 pm
@saab,
Not all comic heroes are "realistic". Many are cartoony. I was asking if doing a funny animal Christian comic series is the right thing to do?

I wanted to make a multicultural comic book about streetfighting cats and dogs.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 03:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then why don't you JUST CREATE the comics and stop market researching the idea? If you take the risk and fail? C'est la vie. If you succeed? Good for you. You can't succeed in this effort if you never put pen to paper and start drawing.

Quote:
I wanted to make a multicultural comic book about streetfighting cats and dogs.

Something tells me at this pace, you'll find yourself at 65 years old and not have created a single comic book. Your wasting A LOT of time asking the wrong questions to the wrong target group in the first place.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 03:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm researching ideas and material for my books. I had a story I made up and copyrighted-I'm going to do that over.

When Disney makes animated films they spend time researching stuff for their cartoons. That's what I'm doing for my comic books.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 03:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
Age has nothing to do with creativity. Stan Lee is in his 80s and is still writing and creating comics for Marvel.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 03:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm researching language and culture. I'm putting that in my comics.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Clearly, you missed the point by a mile. You spend FAR TOO MUCH TIME asking the same questions. For all we know, you lack the drawing skills needed to create a comic.

The point of my above statement is to question your priorities, that of writing and creating threads asking the same repetitive questions about Christian action heroes and funny cartoonish animals rather then putting pen to paper and drawing and drawing and drawing these desired comics you allegedly plan on creating.

Can we at least see some of your work? Can we see an example of your drawings and sketches?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
I can draw-I went to school for it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't just come here to research language and culture-I do that on other forums.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Do YOU have your own comics? Do YOU have artwork online?

Other people on other forums ask me do I have any art to show.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:30 pm
@saab,
You miss the point of my posts-they need MORE Christian comic book heroes to compete with the worldy ones.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:30 pm
@saab,
What's wrong with non-violent street gangs?
0 Replies

gstrout

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 05:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10,
If you are interested in this, might I suggest that you connect with some like-minded folks. There's a whole community over at http://christiancomicart.ning.com/
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:54 am
@JGoldman10,
You can never make a good comic book for Christians.
Your knowledge about Christian denominations is zero, so you can never make it interesting. You say Catholics are not Christians because they go to confession. Other Christians have that tradition too.
If Catholics are not Christians you have to count the Orthodox Churches too and the Lutherans and the Anglican and many many more. It is clear that you do not know the difference in the different denominations, which means you can never do a good comic book which will apeal to a great number of people who are Christians or who are interested in Christianity.
Give up the whole idea.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:00 am
@saab,
I'm talking about COMICS for BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIANS.

Catholics are cultists-they pray to Mary, and revere her- that is IDOLATRY.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:04 am
@saab,
Obviously you don't know about things threatening the Christian community-
RADICAL ISLAM
GLOBAL SECULARISM
TRYING TO OUTLAW CHRISTIANITY

Did you know ifn China for instance they have secret Church meetings in underground caverns because if the gov't knew about them they could be put in jail?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:05 am
@saab,
Arab Moslims are trying to persecute the black Christians Sudanese.
People are trying to attack Isreal.