Christians-don't you agree the world needs more Christian action heroes and superheroes?

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:58 pm
@Ragman,
I shouldn't be asking firefly-she is a PESSIMIST and she's LOOKING DOWN on what I am doing.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 01:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Speaking of saving...may God save me and others from religious bigots such as those that behave as you do.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 01:08 pm
@Ragman,
I don't need to HOBNOB with and DOWNERS and people with no vision.

Firefly is a DOWNER-I don't need to associate with people like that.

I can soar with eagles or wallow with pigs. I would rather SOAR WITH EAGLES.
Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
Yes agreed! You and the Philadelphia Eagles are in the same boat as they crashed and burned, too!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I would rather SOAR WITH EAGLES

Fly, baby, fly.

What puzzles me, JGoldman10, is why you even bother asking questions in these forums, when you already claim to have all the answers.

And, why are you even asking your questions of mere mortals, when you seem to have God's unlisted number already on speed dial?
Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:51 pm
@firefly,
God Only Knows!
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:56 pm
@firefly,
What's wrong with asking other people for help, and why were you trying to put me down? Why are you so SKEPTICAL?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:59 pm
@firefly,
Luke 11:9 - "So I say to you, 'Ask, and what you ask for shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and the door shall be opened to you.' "
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 03:00 pm
@firefly,
I don't have all the answers-I'm not God.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 03:04 pm
@firefly,
It seems like you have issues with Christian comics or with what I'm doing so why are you even responding?
firefly

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
It seems like you have issues with Christian comics or with what I'm doing so why are you even responding?

I have no issues with Christian comics, per se, nor have I said anything that should have given you that impression.

You don't seem to be doing much of anything except posting on the internet, trying to get people to agree with you, insulting those who don't agree with you, and, ostensibly, seeking a funding source so your education and "career" can be financed by someone other than yourself.

I sincerely wish you luck in your attempts to freeload your future. Personally, I think you should work hard, and stash away as much cash as possible, just in case a benefactor doesn't materialize. Should someone want to pay your way to get another degree, or finance your comic book enterprise, you'll simply be ahead of the game by having a little nest egg of your own put aside. I think there are many worthy applicants for financial aid and assistance, and, given the competition for limited funds, the realistic prospects for receiving such aid may be slim. If you want to realize your goals, you have to do everything you can to make that happen--beyond asking others for help. Just expecting someone to set you up in the comic book business--particularly when you have no employment history as an artist nor any track-record as a businessman--seems incredibly naive to me. If you believe that your faith will make such a thing happen, that's your prerogative.

If you disagree with my point of view, and my attitude, and you want nothing to do with me, why are you continuing to respond to my posts?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:59 pm
@firefly,
Bug off, you ANTI-CHRISTIAN DOUBTING THOMAS.

I am MAKING MY COMIC BOOKS THAT I AM GOING TO SELF-PUBLISH AND DISTRIBUTE MY CAREER.

INDEPENDENT COMIC CREATORS/WRITERS/ARTISTS MAKE GOOD MONEY.

I AM SPENDING TIME TRYING TO GET RESOURCES TO GET IT DEVELOPED. I AM RESEARCHING FOUNDATIONS THAT OFFER GRANTS, FELLOWSHIPS AND OTHER FUNDING FOR COMIC BOOK CREATORS, ARTISTS AND WRITERS. RESEARCHING POTENTIAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES TAKES TIME AS DOES WRITING GRANT PROPOSALS. THIS TAKES WORK.

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT POSSIBLE VENUES TO GET TRAINING I NEED TO GET MY COMICS GOING.

A Christian friend told me a long time ago I'm sitting on a diamond. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I DIDN'T ASK YOU WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT I AM DOING ONLINE. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

You are on my ignore list. IDIOT.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 05:33 am
To be a good writer you need fantasy and dreams. Do you really have that?
You need to write and rewrite a lot and you need an oversized wastebasket.
Do that instead of spending your time on internet asking questions.
No, neither Christians or others need more action and super heroes. There are plenty of heroes in the world without oversized muscles - both men and women.
Nor does a hero need guns or gangs.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:10 am
@saab,
What about Christian street or biker gangs, or Christian mission/outreach groups, or Christian cowboys, or Christian detectives or Christian spys/secret agents/superspys, or Christian military people?

Those are more realistic.
saab

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 09:47 am
@JGoldman10,
You are back to the same type of groups: super muscular men and gangs.
Daily heroes are very seldom like that.
Your fantasy seems to be very limited. You are too fashinated by gangs and groups.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 01:39 pm
@saab,
Street gangs and those more realistic types of heroes I listed above - Christian street or biker gangs, or Christian mission/outreach groups, or Christian cowboys, or Christian detectives or Christian spys/secret agents/superspys, or Christian military people- don't have "super muscles". I said they are more realistic.

The A-Team wasn't a superhero group- they didn't have "super muscles".
They should have a Christian group like that.

They should have Christian chivalry.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 01:42 pm
@saab,
Daily heroes as in normal heroes- yes, they need those too in Christian comics.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 01:43 pm
Age is not a determinnig factor in getting your career going. Stan Lee, the man who founded Marvel Comics is still creating and writing comics for them-he's in his '80s.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 01:44 pm
@saab,
They need more Christian adventurers- explorers, sailors, pilots, knights, soldiers and military people, detectives, cops, etc.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 01:49 pm
I'd like to see more Christian actually following his word, you know, feeding the poor, helping the sick and dying... Instead of building grandiose churches and preaching hatred of gays, or muslims,ya know like oh, I don't know, shutting up self proclaimed Christian spokesmen who refuse to listen to uncirmcumsized philistines, or picketing funerals of dead soldiers or demeaning the unbelievers or saying what women should do with their bodies or hair. I'd like for christians to stop being so hypocritical and instead of prophesying doom and gloom, maybe tring to make this world a better place.
But go ahead, make fictional characters and rightgeous street gangs and the like cause we all know the above ain't gonna happen.