Christians-don't you agree the world needs more Christian action heroes and superheroes?

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:55 pm
The world has its comic book heroes and comic book conventions? I think they need to have more Christian comic book action heroes ans superheroes to compete with the worldy ones. They need more Christian comic books and they need to have them showcased in comic book conventions alongside all the other comic books and comic book-realted stuff. There's a need for that-wouldn't you agree?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 22,580 • Replies: 227

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:09 am
@JGoldman10,
Christian comic books
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:13 am
@Butrflynet,
I know you are trying to help but that's not helping. Why aren't they putting Christian comic books in conventions and in regular comic shops?

I'm working on a bunch of Christian comic book ideas-the kids need Christian characters to look at. The world has characters like Superman, Batman , Spaider-Man, Captain America, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, The A-Team, Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, etc.

Christians need Christian heroes (action heroes and superheroes and other types in comics) to look at.

And kids who aren't Christians need to look at them.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:20 am
The world has its comic book heroes and comic book conventions. FIXED.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:20 am
@JGoldman10,
Change the search terms to Christian Comic Book Conventions and you'll find a list of conventions that include Christian comic books.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:27 am
@Butrflynet,
You aren't answering the topic question- DO YOU agree they need to showcase more CHRISTIAN comic stuff at these regular conventions like Comicon and Wondercon? And put Christian comics in regular book stores?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:28 am
@Butrflynet,
I am TRYING to have a DISCUSSION here.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:36 am
Any other Christians here agree with me?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:38 am
You have Jesus. What lame-ass superhero is going to top saving mankind from death?
Eva

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:06 am
I think the world needs more real-life Christian heroes, not fictional ones.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:38 am
@Gargamel,
You know how the world has The Justice League and the Avengers? They should have CHRISTIAN superhero teams who do what they do.

I was saying to my mother that they should have a gov't-sanctioned council of dignitaries to monitor what the Christian superheroes are doing. She said if the superheroes are GODLY, they don't need the government's involvement and it's not the gov't's business what these Christian superheroes are doing. I agree with her.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:44 am
@Eva,
Ever hear of The Power Team?:

http://www.firestreamvault.com/main/rateimages/196_12_18_2007_12_26_59_album_power_team.jpg

or Team Impact?:
http://www.easter2009.org/home/140004400/140005840/Team%20Impact%20block.jpg

These guys are heroes-they are real-life supermen.

The Power Team had their own comic book out.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:46 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am TRYING to have a DISCUSSION here.

You really are an irritating wanker, aren't you?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:47 am
@Gargamel,
Ever hear of Joshua, Moses and Samson? They could be viewed as superheroes in the Bible.

A superhero by definition is a hero with extraordinary heroic attributes.

So if a CHRISTIAN superhero is getting his attributes from GOD, what's the problem?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:53 am
@Gargamel,
A council of dignitaries to monitor Christian superheroes is FAR BETTER than creating some gods, demigods or immortals, or some alien sentient overseers to watch them or intervene-those are IDOLS.

I was trying to find out about what classes of heroes outrank superheroes.

They consider these entities superheroes unfortunately.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:55 am
@Gargamel,
But like I said, they don't need the gov't to step in if they are GODLY. it's not the government's business what Christian superheroes are doing.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:55 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

So if a CHRISTIAN superhero is getting his attributes from GOD, what's the problem?

It reduces God to little more than a kind of Hollywood movie special effect and thus trivializes Him. Anyhow, a guy who slavers over slope tail on the Web has no right to talk about "idols".

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:58 am
@Eva,
The world needs Christian versions of groups like the A-Team:

http://www.israellycool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/a-team.jpg

or Christian detectives or cowboys or adventurers.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 02:01 am
@contrex,
Those gods, demigods or immortals like you see in comics, movies and cartoons- Metron, Madame Webb, Thor, Orion etc. are idols.

Alien sentient beings like Galactus, the Watcher, the Celestials (Marvel), the Dominators (DC), the Guardians of Oa, etc.- are idols.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 02:02 am
@contrex,
They are giving God the glory, not themselves.
0 Replies