EVERYTHING JGOLDMAN10

fobvius

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:36 am
This discussion is for those of us who wish to immerse ourselves in the thoughts and teachings of JGoldman10.

I enjoy his posts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 41,794 • Replies: 457
Topic Closed

MonaLeeza

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 05:32 am
@fobvius,
I just read my favourite post - about how Kennedy wasn't a Christian he was a Catholic.
Edited to add that I'm starting to think he may have a developmental disorder of some kind.
farmerman

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 06:55 am
@MonaLeeza,
As I recall, Ive always enjoyed his points of view. Ive never shared any of them though.
laughoutlood

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 07:32 am
@farmerman,
I'm reminded of Groucho Marx, I love his droll wit.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/groucho_marx.html#ixzz1EPYz5gCP

0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 07:55 am
@MonaLeeza,
I'm no expert but perhaps on the spectrum of something like Asperger's syndrome or some sort of savantism - but clearly some social skills lacking. Many clues indicate some learning, reading-comprehension stuff.
Wait, wait...is that me I describe?. No - I write world-comic books so I'm OK?
Green Witch

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:02 am
I can't decide if he's a really smart 13 year old or a 32 year old adult living in his mom's basement nourished on moon pies and RC Cola. Either way, I think he means well.
Ragman

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 09:09 am
@Green Witch,
If you read enough of his comments, clearly he does not mean well - hence the insensitive and off-the-wall comments.
wayne

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 09:24 am
Is this the thread where I can publicly ignore my ignorers without really ignoring them? Or should I just ignore this thread? And if I ignore this thread, how will anyone know I'm ignoring it?
Setanta

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 09:26 am
Can i have a RC an' a moon pie?
wayne

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 09:38 am
@Setanta,
No you cannot, I'm using telepathic mind control to make everyone drink coca cola.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 09:52 am
@Ragman,
But that's just it. I don't think he has any clue that he is being perceived as insensitive or off-the-wall. He's actually making a huge effort to avoid just that, as least from his way of seeing it.

0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 10:02 am
In all seriousness, i'd say this joker is your average fundamentalist Protestant (says the Catholics aren't christian), who perceives things in a very conventionally American manner (obsessed with skin color and race), and lacks both imagination and a sense of humor.
High Seas

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 10:08 am
@Setanta,
Haven't you ever spoken to anyone from the Bible belt? I used to work in Mobile, Alabama, and noticed that evangelical Christians abbreviate their own tribe to "Christians", while referring to all other Christians by denomination, e.g. Catholic, Greek/Russian Orthodox, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc, etc.
Setanta

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 10:30 am
@High Seas,
Well, Duh . . . why do you think i lable this clown a fundamentalist?
High Seas

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 10:32 am
@Setanta,
OK, so you did know, but others here were obviously baffled by Goldman's perceived use of the term. Now if you would only help him with cosmetics Smile
farmerman

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:43 am
@High Seas,
Hell, Catholics divide the world into Catholic, and NON-Catholic
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 02:55 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm no expert but perhaps on the spectrum of something like Asperger's syndrome or some sort of savantism - but clearly some social skills lacking. Many clues indicate some learning, reading-comprehension stuff.
Wait, wait...is that me I describe?. No - I write world-comic books so I'm OK?

He said in the thread about Catholics not being Christians that he's a college graduate....
Ceili

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 02:59 pm
Not all colleges are harvard equivalent... or so it seems.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:28 pm
@MonaLeeza,
He also said he could spell and annunciate, and told me i am presumptious. Some college . . .

But let's be honest here folks, this joker is some of the best entertainment we've had here in a long time . . .
High Seas

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:43 pm
@Setanta,
It seems cruel to me to make fun of someone who may not have had your educational advantages - especially when he's making a good-faith effort to learn. You knew he was using his denomination's abbreviation for "evangelical Christians"; and you might have guessed he's genuinely ignorant of makeup.