EVERYTHING JGOLDMAN10

JGoldman10

Mon 7 Mar, 2011 09:04 pm
Why ARE SOME PEOPLE labeling mt threads AS SPAM? That's SOMETHING I WANT TO TALK ABOUT.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 03:45 am
People here label me as a troll. What am I doing that is making people angry?
JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:49 am
@fobvius,
How many other posters here have threads dedicated to them?
djjd62

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:18 am
@JGoldman10,
i've had at least one, i think more

this one has me and 2 other posters named
http://able2know.org/topic/100708-1

and then there are the birthday threads
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:26 am
@JGoldman10,
i've said this before and i'll say it again, why do you care, nobody here really knows you, it's the internet, you could be anybody, this whole thing could be some elaborate joke you're playing on us

if folks are dicks (and i know what i'm talking about, being quite dickish myself at times), **** em, ignore them, let it roll off, like water off the back of the proverbial anthropomorphic gospel teaching duck
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:55 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

People here label me as a troll. What am I doing that is making people angry?

I don't know if this is helpful, but I'll try.

A2K is not Yahoo Answers. I feel a much stronger sense of community here and although I have never met a fellow A2K'er, I know many of them by their postings. The regulars at A2K are also noticably older than the typical poster at Yahoo Answers. A lot of people you are exchanging posts with are middle aged or older although there is a lot of young blood around as well. On YA, it's like you are in a large disco; people are everywhere, there is a lot of pushing and shoving and you need to yell loudly for anyone to hear you. A2K is more like a community pool. There are some heated discussions going on (but nothing like flamewars I've seen on other forums), there are people talking about their children or grandchildren, some recipes being exchanged, some people griping about their life problems, some politics, etc. Welcome to the fold. Unfortunately, you are using a Yahoo Answers approach to an A2K forum. You've started a bunch of threads, many of them inane. From other posts I see you've PM'd a number of regulars and devolved into insults. (For reference, I've received around one PM per year on A2K, always from someone I "knew" well from the message boards and I've never received a flame in a PM.) A more considered approach would be to look around for a bit to get the feel of the place, then participate. (Other A2K folks will probably completely disagree saying that they welcome a wide open forum. This is just my opinion.) Also, just leave off the PM button. I don't care to get messages from people I completely don't know, even by reputation. I think others here might feel the same way. Finally, don't be surprised that after barging into the community and making a scene that some people say "who the hell is that" and use their handy search engines to find something of your history.

All that said, the regulars here are a pretty forgiving group. If you can reign it in some, you can probably get some of the interaction you are looking for. That doesn't mean that someone is not going to stomp on your toes; this is the Internet after all. If you have a thin skin and are going to go off at the slightest provocation, you do not need to be here or anywhere else on the Internet. If you can let the worst roll off your back, you will do ok.
Rockhead

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:58 am
@engineer,
"You've started a bunch of threads, many of them inane."

I read that as insane, engineeer...

hmmm.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why do you ask questions that you just can't handle the answer to? You've proven repeatedly that you can't handle the truth. And when you read some useful constructive criticism, you go off your nut!

The theory is that you aren't wired for an accuate view of yourself. So don't ask why people get upset with you. It might serve you better if you realize that when 90% of the people here are making similar observations about you, there has to be SOME truth in there somewhere.

Also, note that I have emphasized a few words with upper case. How many times have people told you about the problem of yelling but you still choose to ignore constructive advice about civil Internet manners.

And you wonder why people get angry with you? Dude, people are trying to help you and STILL spit in their faces.

By your behavior it seems you're only interested in creating activity that creates a response but you show that you place no value on the advice given unless it's in agreement with you.

Lastly, how many hours do you spend online creating questions and threads in this and other forum? If you're as involved with even one other forum and your activity there's even a portion of what you spend on here, then you can't be doing too much creative work on comics or other projects. I think you're full of hot air.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:29 pm
@engineer,
Good analysis and commentary about the relatively different flavors of online communities (Yahoo Answers and A2K). A shame though that your effort might be wasted on OP.

Awareness of others and introspective ability (back to Aspbergers-like behavior theory) seems lacking.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:53 pm
@engineer,
I never said this was Yahoo! Answers.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:55 pm
@engineer,
If they are such a forgiving group why are they still putting off-the-wall tags on some of my threads, such as SPAM, TROLL, etc.?

If it's something I WANT TO ASK AND DISCUSS why is that a problem?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:57 pm
@engineer,
Why are others JUDGING MY THREADS instead of answering the questions?
wayne

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 02:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Why are others JUDGING MY THREADS instead of answering the questions?

It is the will of ALLAH
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:07 am
Why was THIS topic labeled as spam?:

http://able2know.org/topic/168852-1

I was SERIOUS when I posted this. No one here is a cartoonist, or works in the comics field?
JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:50 am
@JGoldman10,
Can someone here please help me with this:

http://able2know.org/topic/168852-1

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 04:05 am
I don't like diehards-why are some people trying to give me a hard time when I ask specific questions?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:46 pm
So let me get this straight- some people here are trying to bust my chops because I ask for help, and give off-the-wall responses? But many of those who are willing to are reluctant to help because they think I have anger/mental issues?

I am asking for help with topics and and doing research. Most of the time I am being serious regarding this.

Someone doesn't answer appropriately I'm supposed to just go along with that? No-I don't think so.

Or do people resent me talking about God and the Bible? I'm not going to deny God in front of people.

I know some people here havehelped and gave satisfactory answers to questions and I appreciate it. There are others who just want to incite trouble. THEY ARE THE ONES INTENTIONALLY FLAMING AND TROLLING-I'm not doing that.

They are BAITING and I was gullible enough to feed into their nonsense. I'm not going to do that anymore. That's what they WANT ME to do.

I don't have to act like a jackass because others are.
JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:47 pm
You all think I was being judgmental? If someone acts inappropriately yo don't think I'm comment on it? I'm going to stop feeding into nonsense here.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm
If I am doing something wrong by going off on people, I apologize for doing that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm
@fobvius,
Forgive me for acting inappropriately here.