EVERYTHING JGOLDMAN10

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:49 pm
People have TRIED to discourage me from working on my comics- Firefly and a few others here are not the first.

Time, money, motivation/focus, organization, resources and research are WHAT'S needed to make a comic book.

I want to get more art training so I can GET my comics out there.

I am trying to decide if I:

want to go back to school and get a second degree in Illustation/Cartooning.
or
pursue the 2-year program with Art Instruction Schools- the people who advertise the free art test on TV
or
get the skills I need with the program associated with the Joe Kubert School of Cartooning

There was a local Art School where I live with which I registered to take a few selected art classes- I only had one Comic Book Creativity class with them.

I am trying to find out about some free art training programs online.

I tried finding about about apprenticeships with DC and Marvel Comics. I tried contacting both companies regarding this and am still waiting to hear from them.

They both offer internships but you have to be a student to participate in them.

I am still searching for grants and other funding to get my comics published and distributed.

There's an Art Council in my hometown-I am going to go back and ask them more questions.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:51 pm
I've been working on my comics since I got out of art school, and I have been out of school a little over a decade.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:17 pm
When all this started, I was convinced that JGoldman10 was a troll; and I thought all the pictures were funny. (Well, actually, I still do. Smile ) But now I'm confused. What's wrong with me? I don't know what to think. Confused My knee-jerk reflex to root for the underdog has kicked in, I'm afraid. I'm beginning to feel sorry for him (as if he were a bullied child) ...

(Oh, my ... I can feel it coming, all of those "thumbs down" ... Crying or Very sad )
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:19 pm
@wmwcjr,
In my whole academic career I did have a few bullies, and I didn't have too many friends coming up-not even in art school. This ONE guy I met in art school who I THOUGHT was my friend turned out to be a flake.
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:22 pm
@wmwcjr,
I am also thinking about contacting some independent comic book creators and ask them WHAT THEY DID to get their books out there.
Ragman

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
By all means take your time, after all ... it's only been a decade. Don't rush things.
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:36 pm
Stan Lee is in his 80s and is STILL CREATING COMICS.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:45 pm
Animation studios like Disney spend a great deal of time doing research when they make animated films but they HAVE A TEAM OF PEOPLE doing that.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 10:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
I know for a fact that someone's online personality can conceal the way he really is in real life. I have a personal friend at another website's forum. (Well, I've not met him in person yet; but I've called him repeatedly long-distance for about two years now.) I know him quite well. He frequently makes comments in the other website's forum (where I also post comments of my own) that sound downright hateful. Well, taken literally, they are hateful. There have been times when I've had to object strenuously to certain comments he's made. But in real life he's just a creampuff. I know that he never would hurt anyone, even if he could.

So, what I'm saying is that you possibly could be sincere. I have no way to know for certain because I can't read your mind. I can only read your words on the family PC computer screen. Everyone's comments here have been funny, but it's almost like you're a socially inept person who's been bullied. I don't know what to think. This hi-tech means of "communicating" does have its shortcomings. Sometimes a statement can be interpreted in more ways than one because facial expression and voice tone are absent, which means that it can be misinterpreted by someone who reads it. For example, I came across the following statement in this forum the very first time I started posting here about two years ago -- a statement that was addressed not to me, but to someone else who was a longtime member: "bet you got beat up a lot in gym class." This comment could be interpreted as being either sympathetic or mocking. I chose to believe that it was meant to be read as a mocking statement, and I reacted accordingly with a combative tone in the very first post that I submitted in this forum. (I must say that most of the time this sentiment has been expressed at other websites where I've read it, the poster's tone clearly was mocking.) Actually, I'm still slightly inclined to believe that it was delivered with mocking intent; but I'm no longer sure. So, I'm no longer completely convinced that you're trolling; you could be sincere. I just don't know what to believe at this point, but I'm beginning to lean in the direction that you're sincere. Rude, perhaps, but sincere. (I still believe that you should not have been cross to butrflynet and ossobuco.)

I've got to go to bed soon (since I must follow doctor's orders to deal with a serious health problem); so, I'll have to stop posting for the night. I'll take this up tomorrow (probably with a lot of people mad at me). My legally blind wife, whom I've been telling about the JGoldman10 saga, would possibly think I'm out of my mind if I told her what I've just posted ...
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 10:36 pm
@Ragman,
I've said this once before:

Monty Hall said he was an overnight success but it took him 20 years to get there. The JOURNEY is MORE IMPORTANT than the FINAL DESTINATION.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 10:37 pm
@wmwcjr,
I think I have said too much already.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 10:38 pm
@Ragman,
You are quick to criticize someone- where are YOUR COMICS, man? Do you have any artwork showcased online?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:35 pm
@wmwcjr,
DO you have issues with financial aid? That's something I got to deal with if I want to go back to art school and get more art training and/or a second degree.
JGoldman10

Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:36 pm
I ahve been trying to develop MORE THAN ONE comic book ida at a time, which is AOTHER REASON I haven't gotten any books out yet. I have preliminary story I did to get copyrighted.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 09:27 am
@JGoldman10,
Sorry, but I don't have any information to pass on to you that would be useful. I'm retired and know next to nothing about financial aid in the furtherance of one's education. I'd help you if I could.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:14 am
@wmwcjr,
Not a problem. I am still working on taking care of student loans. You can't go back to school if you have still have issues with that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:16 am
@firefly,
I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF STUDENT LOANS IF I WANT TO FURTHER MY ART EDUCATION AND TRAINING AND GET MY ART CAREER GOING.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:50 am
The things I DON'T like when I am around people is-people want to LOOK At me and LUMP me in with what other people are doing.

I am a BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN-I know about JESUS. If other people want to act crude, rude or unruly or boorish or churlish, what the HECK does that have to do with me? THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM- PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A BOX TO PUT ME IN.

People are AGEIST- so if I have a YOUTHFUL zeal for animation and art and want to share it with others why is that SUCH a big deal?

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN DOING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE OR MOST OTHERS ARE DOING.

0 Replies

firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:54 am
http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/1/5/9/6/4/ar127240603346951.jpg
electronicmail

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:33 pm
@firefly,
So why keep responding?

If nobody talks he'll go away.