OBAMACARE is UNCONSTITUTIONAL

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 09:01 am

OBAMACARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL ... AGAIN?

Nancy Pelosi does not believe that questions regarding the Constitutionality of legislation should be given serious consideraton.
Former Democrat Congressman Phil Hare from Ohio was a bit more blunt when he blurted out "I don't CARE about the Constitution."

Fido

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 11:06 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

OBAMACARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL ... AGAIN?

Nancy Pelosi does not believe that questions regarding the Constitutionality of legislation should be given serious consideraton.
Former Democrat Congressman Phil Hare from Ohio was a bit more blunt when he blurted out "I don't CARE about the Constitution."
No doubt ii is unconstitutional and stupid too... Trying to hold on to the old sort of insurance system when it clearly does not work is the stupid-est part of it... They simply should have taxed people who could afford it to have a single payer system for people of all ages... Half assed solutions that are not really solution deserve to be trashed... But without some changes, what the government pays for now will break it...

Either you have to get rid of the notion that the poor and the old are entitled to life saving medical attention, or you have to find a way to pay for it... A handful trying to buy insurance they cannot afford and the government picking up the cost of the rest while many go without isn't cutting it for anyone but the insurance people getting fat on our pain... So good riddance... Let's see what the repubs come up with...

Don't get me wrong... I do not want to see the people ruined to save the government... I want the government ruined, and for the people to see that it got that way trying to support the economy which should support it... I want the world to know that democracy died for capitalism so we can trash them both for good and all...National bankruptcy is the first step toward revolution and it has always been so... Let it die... Let us bury it, and let us get on with the rest of our lives living on our own merits, and not looking for others to feed off of, nor accepting people feeding on us...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 11:18 am
@H2O MAN,
As has been pointed out before, it would be constitutional if it was single payer such as Medicare.
I guess that is the only fix if you want to go down this road. Say hello to real government run health care.
Fido

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 11:20 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

As has been pointed out before, it would be constitutional if it was single payer such as Medicare.
I guess that is the only fix if you want to go down this road. Say hello to real government run health care.
Which is about right... It is the idea that we simply cannot get rid of all those who take profit out of human suffering that gets me... Government should be about protecting us from such people instead of promoting their cause...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 11:34 am
@parados,
Supporters of Obamacare did whatever it took to get it passed, counting on inertia to keep it place until the American people, they hoped, took to it like a new social opiate.

If it gets thrown out altogether on Constitutional grounds it will be impossible to resurrect it as is, let alone as the purer form of socialized medicine it was intended to herald.

If the USSC renders the entire package unconstitutional because the mandate clause is not deemed severable, it won't be sent to a task force of Technocrats in the White House to rewrite and resubmit.
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How come Finn and h2oman aren't whining about "activist" judges subverting the people's choice?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:12 pm
If AbamaCare is unconstitutional, does that mean the following are also unconstitutional?

Requirement of vehicle owners to buy vehicle insurance?

Requirement for property owners in designated flood areas to buy flood insurance?

Requirement for property owners to buy permits for any improvements/changes on structures on their land?

Requirement of everyone to pay a tax for Social Security?

Requirement that anyone getting married must buy a marriage license?

Can you think of anything else that might be considered unconstitutional by the Federal judge?

BBB
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:31 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

If AbamaCare is unconstitutional, does that mean the following are also unconstitutional?

Requirement of vehicle owners to buy vehicle insurance?

No one is required to own a vehicle and so everyone is not required to buy vehicle insurance.

Requirement for property owners in designated flood areas to buy flood insurance?

See above

Requirement for property owners to buy permits for any improvements/changes on structures on their land?

Banks issuing mortgages require flood insurance be purchased, not the government, and even it if did, no one is required to build a home on a flood plain.

Requirement of everyone to pay a tax for Social Security?

But, the penalty for not purchasing health insurance is not a tax. Despite the Government's current arguments to the contrary, President Obama was quite explicit and forceful in publicly denying the penalty was a tax.

Requirement that anyone getting married must buy a marriage license?

Everyone is not required to get married and so everyone is not required to buy a marriage license, and everyone who gets married is not required to have the marriage recognized by the state.

Can you think of anything else that might be considered unconstitutional by the Federal judge?

BBB

When judges find constitutional rights not explicit in the Constitution, those who favor the decisions more or less tell those who don't: "Get over it, it's now the Law of The Land."

In this case we may find that enough Supreme Court Justices find that the mandate is prohibited by the Constitution, and that the clause isn't severable from the enitre law. You can be certain that the Court's opinion will endeavor to explain why it came to this conclusion and any dissenting opinions will endeavor to explain why the majority was wrong, but in either case, ObamaCare will no longer be the Law of The Land.
parados

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So I guess if the USSC rules that the penalty is a tax then it would be constitutional.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:45 pm
@parados,
Could be
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 03:03 am

Left unprepared for ObamaCare ruling
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 03:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Obama wasted a year on this, and now all of the worst fears of the Democrates have come true, in part because they were to incompetent to see to it that the very iffy mandatory insurance part being ruled unconstitutional would not invalidate all of it.

It will be 20 years before we get another shot. Thank you Obama, for your grand ****-up.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:17 am
@H2O MAN,
That 's wonderful!
The Founders woud cheer!!!

David
Fido

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:43 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Obama wasted a year on this, and now all of the worst fears of the Democrates have come true, in part because they were to incompetent to see to it that the very iffy mandatory insurance part being ruled unconstitutional would not invalidate all of it.

It will be 20 years before we get another shot. Thank you Obama, for your grand ****-up.
How on earth is the general responsible for the cowardice of all his men???...

If it was a few running he could have them shot to buck up the rest... If they all run scared, and all find themselves incapable of moral behavior, character, or virtue; what is one poor negro going to do about it especially if his own courage and virtue have always been for sale??? Don't give him too much credit or too much blame... The need is real, and the consequences of no public health insurance is real; and if any of them think to long avoid those consequences with a simple pointing of fingers they are first class fools...

Every Nazi that was hanged defended his actions by good intentions and responsibility else where... If any of the people misleading us today thinks to evade the damnation of history or the noose they so richly deserve with a finger point should really consider their behavior...No one can fix a corrupt system with a change of crew.... No one can fix a corrupt system over the objection of the corruptors and the objection of the crew... If there a nickle to be made in politics people will prostitute themselves for it... The power must be taken and the money too... It was once possible for the whole people to be as corrupt as the government; but look out if the people find themselves forced into virtue while watching the government lolls about in sin...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

That 's wonderful!
The Founders woud cheer!!!

David
Bend over... The founding fathers have some woud for you...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:55 am
@hawkeye10,
Thank you voters, for electing this grand ****-up.
Fido

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 07:39 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Thank you voters, for electing this grand ****-up.
This one or that one is not a choice; but a chronic condition, or an adiction... My voting on whether I have insurance might be a choice if that were to mean that I was unburdened from all the foolish mistakes or avarice of others... My voting on whether you must or must not have insurance is tyranny... The object of democracy is freedom, and that means control over the affairs that are likely to affect us and our lives... If we are entirely victims of people who feel they have the right to prey upon us, and bleed us for profit and have no choice then we are free in name only...
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 07:49 am
@Fido,
A vote for Obama was a vote for more government dependency, less freedom and reduced liberty.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 07:54 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
A vote for Obama was a vote for more government dependency,
less freedom and reduced liberty.
Yeah; I have long had a low opinion of McCain,
but I voted for him against oboy.

It boggles the mind
that anyone coud think that Congress had the authority
to make all American citizens buy health insurance.

That concept, in effect, repudiates the Constitution,
specificly the 9th and 10th Amendments; naked usurpation.

David
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 10:35 am
@hawkeye10,
That's what usually happens when you try and ram something smelly through a dark tunnel in the wee hours of the morning.