13
   

US 160 / UK 0 The score for murdered police officers last year.

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
David when I am carrying a firearm I go far out of my way to avoid getting into conflicts of any kind to a far greater degree then when I am not arm.

One time that did amused me greatly happen when I was in a Home Depot parking lot and my shopping cart hit a car and this young lady then jumped out and went off on me.

In my face stating that she was going to kill me hell follow me home and kill me as a matter of fact.

I just stood there calmly with my hand in my pocket on my 38 just in case she would pull out some deadly weapon and allow her go on and on.

Without the burden of being arm I would had told her off but being arm I needed to act where no one could made the argument that I did not act as a reasonable person if she had pull a weapon.
Thay say: "God made Man, but Sam Colt made men equal."
That includes (armed) chicks.





David
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
as I pointed out in my last post, criminals have been armed with other weapons also,
A very small number....given the availability of handguns, how many people were killed by a stack of coins in a sock last year ?

Quote:
The victims need competent defensive firepower.
This is an assumption based on personal bias.

Quote:
Q.E.D.: your argument is disproven.
When I acknowledge my argument is disproven you will be the first to know. In the meantime, do not make rash statements.
Quote:

That is arrogant, officious and presumptuous foolishness,
in furtherance of your fantasy.
Is this from the same person who told me they had won the argument ? Perhaps in your mind there are no end of wins.

Quote:
Carrying a gun never made me feel "important"
You said you were sick and needed a gun to feel better. That is a rise in your feelings of importance.

Quote:
Your logic is very, very flawed today.
Your argument is that if more violence is available to people they will use it less...and you have the audacity to talk about flawed logic.

Quote:
How dare u presume to know what I am thinking ??
How dare you claim to have won an argument without my concession.
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How many people would you like gun laws to save for it to be worthwhile ?
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:14 pm
@Ionus,
243,567

Give or take a few
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 05:50 am

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Tuesday, March 1, 2011


The left has permanently lost the argument on gun control.
Despite their best efforts to take advantage of the tragic shooting
in Arizona to promote pointless restrictions on things like the size
of handgun magazines, the propaganda campaign is unlikely to go anywhere.

Instead, the right to keep and bear arms continues to gain steam
as state lawmakers around the country are enacting measures that
would have been unthinkable not so long ago.

On Monday, Wyoming lawmakers sent Gov. Matt Mead a “castle doctrine” bill
that recognizes the right of residents to use a gun to protect themselves
from home invasion or carjacking without fear of civil or criminal prosecution.

A spokesman for Mr. Mead said the governor would review the proposal today,
along with a second bill granting residents the ability to carry concealed weapons
without a license. The lawmakers also proposed a constitutional amendment
recognizing the perpetual right to hunt, fish and trap.

No less should be expected from a place calling itself “The
Cowboy State,” but even swing states are open to the idea of
ditching obsolete relics of an anti-gun past. A Pennsylvania Senate
committee held a hearing yesterday on a castle doctrine bill.
The General Assembly has adopted similar legislation in the past
only to be thwarted by the veto pen of then-Gov. Ed Rendell.
Voters have since replaced the Democratic party chieftain with
Gov. Tom Corbett, a Republican who promised, “I would sign it”
during the campaign.

The North Carolina Senate passed its own castle doctrine bill Monday.
In Arizona, where laws are already gun-friendly, the House last week
endorsed a proposal that would prevent overzealous homeowners
associations from denying residents their constitutionally protected
right to own firearms. The legislature’s Democratic and Republican
caucuses likewise support a Senate bill that would prevent university
administrators from denying students with concealed carry licenses
from bringing weapons on campus.

Whenever the left is defeated at the statehouse and ballot box,
it turns to the courts. The Supreme Court shot down most of these
efforts with the District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago
rulings reviving judicial recognition of the Second Amendment.
Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe received legislation on Monday
that forbids local governments from attempting to file
liability lawsuits against manufacturers of guns and ammunition.
The same bill also prohibits localities from passing any sort
of “emergency ordinance” to seize Americans’ firearms as
happened in New Orleans during the Katrina hurricane.

Passage of these NRA-backed measures also reflects the
growing realization among many Democratic lawmakers
that they’ve lost gun control as a political issue


0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 07:55 am

Proper gun freedom will be restored
when the citizens wear their guns as freely as their sox.


( tho there is no explicit Constitutional Right to wear sox )
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 09:02 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

How many people would you like gun laws to save for it to be worthwhile ?

Have gun laws saved anyone but the criminal?
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 12:58 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
How many people would you like gun laws to save for it to be worthwhile ?
The reasoning of your question is ill-founded.
The purpose of self-defense is hedonistic self-interest, NOT altruism,

altho crime seems to decline somewhat
when we repeal our anti-gun laws.
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 05:28 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Have gun laws saved anyone but the criminal?
Has a lack of gun laws massacred anyone but the innocent ?
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 05:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The purpose of self-defense is hedonistic self-interest, NOT altruism,
The purpose of owning a hand gun is to shoot someone . How many people will be killed and wounded with gun laws and without....the question is well-founded, you just dont like it .
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:02 am
@Ionus,
David wrote:
The purpose of self-defense is hedonistic self-interest, NOT altruism,
Ionus wrote:
The purpose of owning a hand gun is to shoot someone.
Your statement is false, tho that might be an incidental result.
If u need a gun u damn well better HAVE one.





Ionus wrote:
How many people will be killed and wounded with gun laws and without....the question is well-founded
No; your logic is flawed.
When a citizen needs personal defense
he is stupid to consider the situation on a collectivist basis.
(If he does, we are better off without him: good bye.)
The only thing that counts (for him) is his individual experience.
He needs to be able to handle the situation.



Ionus wrote:
, you just dont like it.
with good reason
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:05 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Have gun laws saved anyone but the criminal?
Has a lack of gun laws massacred anyone but the innocent ?
Yes, indeed it has.
In freedom of self-defense situations
many innocent people have massacred criminal predators.
It surprizes me that u ask that question.

I 'm very pleased n satisfied when I read of the good guys killing the bad guys.
I accept that result as a PERSONAL BENEFIT.





David
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 06:11 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Have gun laws saved anyone but the criminal?
Has a lack of gun laws massacred anyone but the innocent ?


Gun laws have made the innocent easy 'unarmed' targets for all criminals.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/23/2022 at 11:40:08