Freeloaders

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:02 pm
@ehBeth,
I thought about that true - it could be a case of a real freeloader - there are some people like that. In a town I used to live in - there was a husband that was just like that - he spent most of his time at the local convience store playing keno while his wife was at work. He was a loser and ended up being a murderer as he ended up killing her when she complained about him freeloading.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:08 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I thought about that true - it could be a case of a real freeloader - there are some people like that. In a town I used to live in - there was a husband that was just like that - he spent most of his time at the local convience store playing keno while his wife was at work. He was a loser and ended up being a murderer as he ended up killing her when she complained about him freeloading.
Then, unless the state government kills him,
he will be freeloading for many years or for life
on the citizens of his state.
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well he is an experienced freeloader.
chai2

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:06 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

chai2 wrote:
So, do you know that this person (a stranger) who is complaining behind you in the line at Walmart is being totally honest and accurate in what is happening in their home?

and maybe the person being complained about really is a slug

and maybe they aren't.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
Unless you know of whom they are speaking, it could be hard to tell.

Personally, I've found the type of people who stand in line at a store and complain for all the world to hear about their "loved ones" are not particularly credible.

I can't for instance ever imagine you standing in a line, and complaining about someone close to you in that way. You've got far too much class.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:08 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Well, there you go. If she'd kept her mouth shut, she'd still be around to complain about any other damn thing she pleased.

It's all her fault he's a murderer.
Bayada

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:36 pm
@chai2,
Why does the Twilite Zone tune play in my head reading your comments?
chai2

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:42 pm
@Bayada,
Well, I certainly don't take that as an insult or anything.

It seems to be very important to you that people act in a certain way, to your expectations, and if they don't it means they must be doing something wrong.

Sounds like a personal problem, one that doesn't effect me.

Bayada

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 01:53 pm
@chai2,

"It seems to be very important to you that people act in a certain way, to your expectations, and if they don't it means they must be doing something wrong."

Classic Projecting, you just described yourself.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:11 pm
@Bayada,
Bayada wrote:

How does a perfectly healthy (physically at least) man sit there and watch his girlfriend/wife go to work everyday? .... Or vice versa.

He (or she) sits all day at home, day in, day out, every excuse in the book as to why they are not working. While watching their significant other struggling!.. taking care of both of them.

This is sickening as well as sad.

Every circumstance is different but i'm talking about the men/women who work minimum/average paying jobs (hey, they are trying) .

What is in the mindset of freeloaders. How the hell do they sit there and watch they ones they love (yeah right) struggle like that?

Bayada, rereading your OP (see above, I know how to use the Quote button)
You started this thread wanting all to be sikened and saddened by circumstances you don't even know to be true.

You act a retorical question, again about something you don't even know is happening.

You base all this on overhead conversations, or the one side of what someone tells you.

All of a sudden, I'm the one who's projecting.

I have nothing more to say about this, as I'm not going to buy into your negativity about your assumptions about other people lives.

If you choose to respond, that's your affair, I'm not going to get into tit for tat.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:29 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
You started this thread wanting all to be sikened and saddened by circumstances you don't even know to be true.

You act a retorical question, again about something you don't even know is happening.

oh puhleeeeeze

The OP asks about our feelings about hypothetical situations and you're trying to claim that some specific situation (which wasn't even posited) isn't true. I'm not sure why you're so hepped up on proving that the hypothetical situations proposed in the OP don't exist, but it does seem like something very personal has been triggered.
chai2

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:46 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

chai2 wrote:

oh puhleeeeeze

The OP asks about our feelings about hypothetical situations and you're trying to claim that some specific situation (which wasn't even posited) isn't true. I'm not sure why you're so hepped up on proving that the hypothetical situations proposed in the OP don't exist, but it does seem like something very personal has been triggered.

No, nothing personal at all.

It's just hard to theorize about hypothetical situations, when all you know is that someone has some kind of impression that something is going on.

I'm not saying at all this hypothetical situation doesn't existed. Never said that at all.
However, from her OP, talking about how she's sikened and saddened by freeloaders, then later finding out she's talking about situations she's overheard in line at Walmart, or around the water cooler, I just don't find a lot of credibility.

I'm not sure what the OP wants. Does she want us all to be equally sickened and saddened?
Does she want us to tell her how the hell people can act like this?

Yes, ok....no one likes it that there are those that sit at home, while the house is mess, not cleaning it, not making any attempts to look for work, when there is work out there they could be applying for.

I guess we can all agree no one likes it that someone would sit at home and pick their toes, when they can be doing something productive, like looking for work, or taking care of the home.

That would pretty much leave the OP dead in the water. Everyone is sikened by this, and no one understands how the hell anyone can be this way.

We can believe that the woman behind them at Walmart who is whining about her husband to whoever will listen is carrying this huge load, on the fact her lips are moving and these words are coming out.

We can believe the woman at work who tells us her son in law is a bum, just because she says so.

Or, we can have a healthy skepticism about it. Maybe we could investigate (if it was worth it to us) to see if this is the truth.

I hear people say why wouldn't we assume someone isn't telling the truth. I think there's a strong case saying why wouldn't we assume someone isn't telling the truth, especially when embellishment garners you sympathy.

I'm not willing to assume the people the OP is talking about are in fact freeloaders. No more than that.

You can counter is has been said this doesn't include all people, but the OP is obviously talking about a particular number of people, and I just don't buy that is the truth about all the people she's talking about.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:52 pm
@Bayada,
I thought this was a great question.

Bayada wrote:
What is in the mindset of freeloaders.
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:57 pm
@ehBeth,
Easy - nothing - or else they wouldn't be just sitting around doing nothing -

Here is an example:

http://richarddingwall.name/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/to-do-list-nothing.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 03:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Any motivation they may have had were beaten to death with free money, food, and shelter.
0 Replies

Bayada

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 03:52 pm
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/i-can-but-i-won-t--garfield-262532_500_375.jpg

Practicing posting pictures, if anything weird comes up, i will delete, lol

Edit: Linkat, i laughed out loud at the pic, got me thinking of a picture i saw somewhere of Garfield.
0 Replies

Bayada

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 04:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank-you, a lot.

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 04:06 pm
@Bayada,
Bayada wrote:

How does a perfectly healthy (physically at least) man sit there and watch his girlfriend/wife go to work everyday? .... Or vice versa.

He (or she) sits all day at home, day in, day out, every excuse in the book as to why they are not working. While watching their significant other struggling!.. taking care of both of them.

This is sickening as well as sad.

Every circumstance is different but i'm talking about the men/women who work minimum/average paying jobs (hey, they are trying) .

What is in the mindset of freeloaders. How the hell do they sit there and watch they ones they love (yeah right) struggle like that?

Bayada, if you click on the little "enable BBCode Editor" button above the reply box you should see the quote option.

Now... here's what I don't get. I don't get your indignation and outrage, your sadness and sickness, your assumption that those at home are freeloading, that they don't love their mates, and that said mates are struggling under a burden of carrying the load of supporting a slug.

I think your OP was presumptuous and judgmental. If this is a hypothetical couple then why are you sickened? If its from a conversation you overheard then why didn't you ask the struggling soul what you could do to help her?

I simply don't understand what you're trying to achieve with this thread?
Bayada

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 04:07 pm
chai2, i meant no harm. You had me banging my head against a brick wall, so to speak. I reacted, i apologize.

No need to reply to this.
0 Replies

Bayada

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 04:15 pm
@JPB,

"I simply don't understand what you're trying to achieve with this thread?"

Over years i have heard of different explanations of why freeloaders are... they way they are. Am only wondering what others think.
aidan

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 04:18 pm
@Bayada,
This is what I think:
Some people are takers and others are givers.
Some people are lazy and some like to work.

Freeloaders are lazy takers.
(this is not to say that I'm identifying anyone specific as being a freeloader- I'm just defining one).