Dys is enraged with me. I don't argue with him enough. which annoys him.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:11 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Amazing to me how threads like this can swing in such different directions between serious and whacky. Sometimes people who know nothing about the people involved (or even the thread itself) make comments that are off-the-wall. [Thay shoud make comments that r ON-the-wall. Don't let them get away with that.] Other times it's that people who do know what's going on misinterpret the tone of some of the comments.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:10 am
@High Seas,
**** you, Helen.

and the little high horse you rode in on...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:54 am
@High Seas,
I really think this response is uncalled for. Rock is not as you have characterized him. Plus, the reaction to the point of his post was way over the top. If you are going to ignore him, by the way, why peek at his posts?
Mame

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:56 am
@edgarblythe,
Agreed.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:57 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Nobody gets that Dys likes arguing.

What a waste.

Most everybody on A2K likes arguing. You do it all the time.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:59 am
@Mame,
Me too.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:29 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I really think this response is uncalled for. Rock is not as you have characterized him. Plus, the reaction to the point of his post was way over the top. If you are going to ignore him, by the way, why peek at his posts?

The dynamics of this "community" are very interesting, and I suspect that if we all actually lived besides one another, they would at least be muted and probably quite different in many instances.

Most of us have become "members" of this community because it allows a different set of social dynamics then those with which we are accustomed. In some cases the only difference is that here we are allowed to blather ad nauseum about the subjects in which we are interested, but for others it is the freedom to be more raw, more assertive, more outgoing, or more emotional.

I don't have a problem with Rockhead and obviously neither do you. I've seen posts of his which were nasty enough to suggest he's not a saint, but, of course, neither am I. From my perspective, he's not someone that matches the decription provided by High Seas, but my perspective is very limited.

My point is not that I believe High Seas is accurate or inaccurate in her description, only that unless we have been following all of the exchanges going on between them over the years, we can only base our assessment of her description on our own exchanges with him.

I try and stay out of one on one disputes here, but will throw in with someone if it looks to me like they are being attacked by a gang. For some, being the target of an A2K gang attack is just fine, or even invited, but it annoys me. I have no way of knowing for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the long absence of foxfyre from this forum was due to her so frequently being the target of such attacks.

Or maybe she just got a real life and moved on.

Nothing objectionable about you coming to his defense, but do you feel like you know all that has transpired between him and High Seas in this forum?

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
or you could go read some of what makes her such a nice lady, and quit tossing assertions...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:34 am
@Rockhead,
What assertion did I toss?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:35 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
don't be coy, dumbass.

it doesn't become you.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:37 am
Clever diversion, guys Wink
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:40 am
@Rockhead,
I'm not being coy, but you are revealing a large chip on your shoulder.

I specifically stated I don't have a problem with you and that I have no reason to believe you fit the description posted by High Seas.

Oh wait, I did assert that you can be nasty, and you've just proven that assertion to be true.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
you argue like a conservative dirtbag.

but you already know that...

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gang attack? I'm a gang of one if indeed I be a gang. Pretty much the same as you. I am generally on a friendly (if adversarial re politics) basis with High Seas. As for being jerks, none can beat me for being a jerk at times. So what's your point?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@Rockhead,
And you argue like a fifth grader.

Have the last word, I'm done with this silly exchange.
JPB

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:56 am
@edgarblythe,
me too.

gee... I seem to be saying that a lot today.

wait - I think I just called myself a jerk.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Gang attack? I'm a gang of one if indeed I be a gang. Pretty much the same as you. I am generally on a friendly (if adversarial re politics) basis with High Seas. As for being jerks, none can beat me for being a jerk at times. So what's your point?

I wasn't accusing you being part of a gang attack and said nothing about you being a jerk (if you want to accept that designation, be my guest)

I merely made the point that I try not to insert myself in one one one disputes, but will when I perceive a gang attack.

In retrospect, I can see how this little bit of autobiographical commentary could be taken to suggest that I was now inserting myself in a gang attack against High Seas.

Not the case.

Clearly the dispute is between her and him, and you were defending him and scolding, but not attacking, her.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, our history, between you and me, has been argument at every turn. I misread your statement for an attack on my post. Sorry.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I saw that program. Fifth graders are pretty smart.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:11 pm
This thread is awesome. Every new page brings a new misunderstanding and someone new getting pissed off! Excellent. I can't wait to find out who's going to misunderstand this post and launch a salvo of personal insults in my direction!

Carry on.