Dys is enraged with me. I don't argue with him enough. which annoys him.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
did you call Dys?

I haven't talked to him for a few hours, but ...

last I heard, that was mebbe not such a great idea.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 08:22 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

This thread is awesome. Every new page brings a new misunderstanding and someone new getting pissed off! Excellent. I can't wait to find out who's going to misunderstand this post and launch a salvo of personal insults in my direction!

Carry on.

This is where we differ in opinion. Not that I ever recorded what opinions expressed here that were similar or different before between you and me. Never thought of it until now.

This was a right charming thread until sometime in the wee early hours of Sunday morning and then all Hell broke loose.

I think we need a forensics team to come in and pull a CSI treatment on the thread to figure out who killed the relative peace in this mostly rambling/incoherent antidiscussion.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 08:28 pm
@Rockhead,
Not going there.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 08:29 pm
@ossobuco,
that's prolly best.

have a great evening...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 08:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
Charming? Curious choice of words for this thread. Shocked
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:39 pm
So...who likes pie, apple and cherry are my favorite, last Thanksgiving I ate a whole apple pie by myself, my sister brought it, but I don't think she made it. Sometimes the apples are too hard, and they kinda pop when you bite them, sometimes they are a big soggy, and just squish up too easy...this pie was just right.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:46 pm
@2PacksAday,
I am really pissed off. Costco makes a killer Pumpkin Pie, but you can only get it from around October until New Years'. So they still have the apple all year, which is great, but they think they can curry favor with customers by selling cherry pies, (probably in honor of George Washington).

I want my Pumpkin Pie!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:54 pm
@2PacksAday,
I had a thing for lemon meringue, but then I discovered key lime,, of course there are times when ala mode is the thing in which case, apple or cherry maybe, but then I start thinking about warm peach ala mode, ahh pie, I just love the stuff.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:57 pm
@wayne,
Piffle, tell us about crusts.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:59 pm
Does anyone remember Nesselrode pie? I don't think that I have seen it around for decades. What I would give for that little piece of heaven!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:01 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I remember the word. Did it involve.. oh, no, candied fruits?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:01 pm
Peach cobbler, yum.....I can't handle pumpkin pie...I think it is just too much flavor, to rich....I usually beg a bite from my wife, and that's all I can take. Same with Pecan pie, they taste great, but it's just too much.

A few years ago my grandmother found some very very sour blackberries....there is a candy called warheads, nearly that sour, anyway....I could not get enough of the stuff, I love sour. At one of our firestation dinners, I had her make a cobbler, the firechief tried it, since he saw how much I was enjoying it, and actually hit the floor after the first bite...dropped to his knees...then gave me the rest of his piece....about an hour later he was back, cut another piece and took his time with it....a few days later, he showed up at her door and paid her to make him one. They were so good, wish we could find more of those berries.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:03 pm
@Phoenix32890,
http://www.thefoodmaven.com/radiorecipes/nesselrode.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/12/07/garden/de-gustibus-the-culinary-mystery-of-nesselrode-pie.html
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:04 pm
@2PacksAday,
Geez, 2packs, give us the recipe...

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:07 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Charming? Curious choice of words for this thread. Shocked

Okay, a bit too much hyperbole but I'm trying to steer this thread away from its 'wolf fangs tearing at the jugular vein of each others' necks' nature that the thread has started to turn since this Sunday morn.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:14 pm
@2PacksAday,
Time Out NY picks the top 54 NYC pies!
http://newyork.timeout.com/things-to-do/this-week-in-new-york/702779/pie-flavors-in-nyc
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
I was about to write that Jean Niedich would turn over in her grave. Just to make sure, and I checked, and to my chagrin, discovered that she is still with us! Embarrassed
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Normally her cobblers taste about the same as anyother, a friend of hers had brought the berries to her because nobody could stand them, and she knew that she had a son that loves that sort of thing. Seems like something happend to that friend ...she was an older woman....wild berries often do not produce every year because of the way they grow...in fence rows, so by the time it came around to get more, we had no idea where to find them.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Be still my heart. I knew that there was a reason that I need to get my N.Y. "fix" at least once a year!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:20 pm
@Phoenix32890,
The great pie tour of NYC! Someone could make a killing selling this bus tour to tourists! Could easily beat the famous Sex and the City, Seinfeld, and pizza tours of NYC.