ehBeth

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 08:46 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:
would I just for no reason wear yellow shoes? I think she's rebelious, or her purse is yellow.

if she had a yellow purse with yellow shoes, she'd be considered seriously style-impaired

the matchy thing is dead
ehBeth

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 08:52 pm
@ehBeth,
and now I make myself laugh, thinking about the old matchy matchy days

wearing a navy cashmere skirt suit, with matching swing coat
black leather purse with gold fittings, black leather briefcase, black rolling bag for the "portable" computer
black leather pumps and gloves
black gaucho hat

It was brilliant in 1986 - very executron

Now, it's a HalloweƩn costume
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:38 pm
What a fashionista!

Normally, I couldn't care less what our First Ladies dress like and I appreciate that if you are someone who gets photographed scores of time a day there are bound to be some bad ones, but the Liberal media has gone out of its way to portray Michelle as an incredibly fashionable beauty and my perception is that she is just fine with such a spotlight.

I suspect that Victoria Beckham has a bad day now and again, but it's damned hard to find a photo of her that compares with Michelle's disasters. Is she a vapid air head who cares only about what she looks like? Perhaps, but if you are going to play the role of fashionista beauty, you should at least make an effort to live up to the expectations.

If her fashion faux pas were all I had to bitch about her, I wouldn't be bitching - irrespective of the image she is desperate to portray. However, she wants to be seen as something much more than a Barbie doll.

She is also the woman who told us she was never proud of her country until her husband was nominated to run for the presidency.

She is also the woman who warned us that her husband wasn't going to allow us to sit on our asses and not get involved. He was going to make us do so.

She is also the woman who wants to tell us what we can and we cannot eat.

Her husband was elected, not her, and the American people weren't looking for a "two-for" with the Obamas anymore than they were with the Clintons.

And if you think this all about conservative bitterness, consult the Congressional Black Caucus who was quite pissed off when her husband reduced funding for food stamps to support her "signature" First Lady cause.

http://trackacrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/michelle-torso.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/may2009/7/4/michelle-obama-s-trainers-pic-reuters-909717548.jpg

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2009/michelle_fashion_3/michelle_fashion_01.jpg

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/a/c/8/1/Michelle_Obama_meets_47a3.JPG?adImageId=12030953&imageId=8421187

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/06/michelle-obama-bonpoint.jpg

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/michelle-obama-shoulders-covered.jpg

http://www.uncoverage.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-glare-michelle-obama-carla-bruni-sarkozy-glare-demotivational-poster-1244466818.jpg

If this last image doesn't represent the definition of Catty Bitch, I don't know what might.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:41 pm
@Pemerson,
I do remember something about not wearing (what?) together. Rolls eyes..
Pemerson

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:53 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Pemerson wrote:
would I just for no reason wear yellow shoes? I think she's rebelious, or her purse is yellow.

if she had a yellow purse with yellow shoes, she'd be considered seriously style-impaired

the matchy thing is dead

Oh, well, I wear my red sandals with everything I own.
Get that aqua dress Michelle is wearing with the red sweater, aqua flower on it. Very matchey, the whole get-up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:55 pm
@ehBeth,
My memory to myself -
I'd been financially strapped though university. I mean, I had bus fare and that was it. Once in a while some other dollars, but mostly my dollars from work went to needed books.

Sometimes I walked from the med center and over to a good department store on the way to a bus to the south of campus. So, after all that time, when I had graduated and had gotten a job, I was avid. I didn't go crazy, exactly, but that was when I bought my montblanc pen (which I since sat on) and a particular coatdress.

I forget the company, but it was a great coatdress. Cream colored, navy trim. I bought navy heels too, and some cream colored gloves. A navy hat. (I cringe now, of course)

I wore that the night a bunch of us went to the Ambassador hotel for some function. I looked great, of course.
I don't remember who spilt it, but red wine landed on my coat dress. I went to the hotel bathroom and tried to rinse the dress out. So... I left the hotel in a wet dress.

I got the dress died to navy blue. What a waste, looking back.

Anyway, that was the height of matchy matchy, waining as it happened, maybe 1966.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Remembered -- it was pink and green.
I didn't understand it, even then.
Lash

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:02 pm
I like one accent color. If she had that dress (which she rocked, btw) and either yellow OR orange - that would have looked a lot better. But she had dullish yellow and vivid orange. (wince) A lot of the pics here are really awful. It's doubly disappointing, because she's gorgeous and has the perfect body to display some dazzling style.

Ah well. No great crime.

What I DID love was the dress was off the rack and $35. THAT was tres cool.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:10 pm
A man trying to expand fashion to larger concerns among women is alone in the wilderness.

I surrender:

If she ever looks good (and sometimes she does) it's because she has spent beaucoup bucks on a fashion expert. Left to her own devices, she's a pig.
ossobuco

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You really think that?
You wouldn't like my photos either, but I've been pretty tuned in on fashion and style, while being a dullard myself.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Think what?
ossobuco

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
quoting,
Left to her own devices, she's a pig.
ossobuco

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:54 pm
@ossobuco,
linking to myself -
I am guessing that pink and green was about homosexuality, a matter of much stupidity in 1959.
But I didn't know enough to guess that then.
0 Replies

Eva

Fri 11 Feb, 2011 11:02 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
...What I DID love was the dress was off the rack and $35. THAT was tres cool.

If it was off the rack, I bet Michelle and her stylist paid $70. They would have needed two dresses. Where else would they get the extra fabric for the sleeves they added?

Of course, Michelle can afford it. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 12 Feb, 2011 07:37 am
I missed the matchy stuff. I came of age in the 80's.

At one point, circa 1988 or so, I was wearing a turquoise top with a royal blue skirt and my mom said she wore something like that for Halloween or some other costume-y day when she was a girl (late 50's) because the colors were so crazy together. Just the colors, the clothes were normal. I can't remember if it was that exact color combination but I remember being absolutely gobsmacked that anyone would consider whatever color combination it was to be "crazy."

I like playful fashion, that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I seriously couldn't tell which point Finn was making from his photos. Some I like a lot. Some are good outfits from a bad angle. Some aren't so great. By the end I figured out he thought he was dissing Michelle.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 12 Feb, 2011 10:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe "a pig" is too harsh, but she's not fashion star.
0 Replies

andreahidges

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 03:54 pm
@Arella Mae,
I've never seen her in these unattractive clothes. I don't see her letting someone else pick her clothing. We all miss it sometimes
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 28 Nov, 2012 07:04 pm
@ehBeth,
The Obama's are the only presidential couple I can imagine having sex with each other. (and enjoying it)

I'm just sayin'
Arella Mae

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 11:49 am
@chai2,
o............................k but I'd rather not even think about that aspect of politics. Laughing How ya doing girl? :
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 03:25 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
@Finn dAbuzz,
You really think that?
You wouldn't like my photos either, but I've been pretty tuned in on fashion and style, while being a dullard myself.

You are not a dullard.
0 Replies