JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Me too.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Well said Beth, their like a clique of old farts.

I thought you got wiser with age, not just grumpy
& condescending.

It's the old "us and them" syndrome,
we were in the playground first.
Now children, time for a diaper change.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:34 pm
My god, a whole 10 minutes & I haven't been hopped on.
I'm amazed, I definitely must have caught them during
changing time or maybe they've had their pills. Laughing

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmk6XubTzWgenoW-mEgHfAErvqrKa03AjIN5W5yCbCi6f6WIw7
OLD GUARD
Ragman

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Perhaps you might want to look back at his earlier threads. He's done this sort of tantrum before. Taker a good look and perhaps you see this in a different light.
dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:31 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

My god, a whole 10 minutes & I haven't been hopped on.
I'm amazed, I definitely must have caught them during
changing time or maybe they've had their pills. Laughing

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmk6XubTzWgenoW-mEgHfAErvqrKa03AjIN5W5yCbCi6f6WIw7
OLD GUARD

I'm a damned fine hopper. Would youLIKE to be hopped onto?
dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:35 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Ingenious method of demonstating why new people in BLOG and forum community should not have full privileges.

So...what do you think the odds are now that once Bob DOES restore PM that he gives you PM privilege?

Gotta love a last word freak.

The odds? 100% that Night Ripper WILL get PMs when the fixes are made.

0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:40 pm
@dlowan,
Thanks very much , but no thanks.
I'm a HOPPER, not a HOPPEE. Cool
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:55 pm
@Ragman,
I've read other of his posts. I've also read yours.

My comments stand.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:10 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Thanks very much , but no thanks.
I'm a HOPPER, not a HOPPEE. Cool

Hmmmmmmmmmm......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:12 pm
Say what you will of the rights and wrongs of this thread....after looking at it I went and downloaded some Dr John and I am one happy hopper.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 10:39 pm
everyone argues at some point

I have flung a fair amount of **** on this board too

but when I post a question, I get an answer with out the poo flinging.. In fact most people do.

I have seen some people come right out and insult this board, robert, and anyone on it when they want to ask a question about how something works.

this thread was started very civilly with a simple question. The question was WHEN, not why, not how, an not 'pity me, i cant pm'

Even when hawkass posts something odd, at least HE gets an answer before we resort to our school house bullying of him as well.

This just seems like an immediate pile on and though not UNcommon.. just a wee odd. Usually the pile ons happen when there is a side comment, snark or other jab taken some where.

This didnt have that.

My point stands too.
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:31 am
@shewolfnm,
Thanks, I will think about my replies in the future a bit differently. Since the merger with Philsophy Forum, I'd seen this question 100s of times and grew tired of it. My error was getting into the topic in the first place. Simply I realize that it's not my call or function here to chastise someone even if their purpose was to rattle someone else's cage or campaign for a change.

Somehow I thought the OP so belabored the point to the level of axe-grinding. As though his criticising the non-restoration of PM issue by creating thread flinging complaints at the A2K community was the route to getting the probelm fixed. After several attempts of people telling him it was not going to be fixed soon, the point of going beyond the simple query was exceeded. At some point, there was not a simple request for when it will happen. I sensed a change in the direction occured heading into argument stage. Others say that point happened afterwards. Regardless, a more moderate series of responses should have been exercised by all.

In the future, I will choose to tune out of those rather than engage. It's not my preferred mode of behaior anyhow...witness my 10-12 yrs of interaction on Abuzz and A2K.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:38 am
I'm drunk and I think you're all wankers for still talking about me. That is all.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:12 am
Well, if you're coherent enough (had few enough drinks) to read this Night Ripper - belated welcome to A2K.
I didn't think your question was inappropriate, and I don't think the tone you posted it in was rude at all. I read all 7 preceding pages of this thread, and except for what shewolf, ehbeth and JPB wrote, I was shaking my head at the whole thing.
I mean, WTF? Osso, Buttrfly, Ragman and dlowan all descended on this guy like he had pillaged the holy frickin grail or something. All he asked is when the PMs would be restored. Everything useful that was said in response could be capsulized in a couple phrases..."We don't know - all we do know is that Robert said he'd address it when he could." The fact that NR persisted asking about it sure didn't justify all the bitter crap that got flung at him, especially by Osso.

I mean, if I didn't know better, I'd think y'all had some insecure vested interest in really showing this dang newcomer what's what, or something.

Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:54 am
@snood,
Thanks for your take on it. Duely noted.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:17 am

I don 't mean to seem ungrateful for what we get for $FREE on this forum,
but for those of us who HAVE PM service available,
I wonder if we 'll get use of the BBCode Editor
so that we can have bold, italics, underline, colors and different size of font available.

David
dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:48 am
@snood,
Huh? I MEANT to descend pretty equally on both sides. And heck...I didn't even say anything for several pages.

I thought Osso quite ridiculous, but NR was no slouch at keeping the insult fest going, and pretty arrogant in deciding what Robert should and shouldn't worry about.

I thought it was funny...but I agree the initial question was perfectly reasonable.

Pooh to you. And the cat you rode in on.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

so that we can have bold, italics, underline, colors and different size of font available.

David

May providence defend us from this feature.
roger

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

Great idea. Just for lack of color I haven't sent many PMs since we lost the feature.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 03:06 am
@dlowan,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
dlowan wrote:

May providence defend us from this feature.
Awwww
0 Replies