When will PM's be enabled again?

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:11 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:19 pm
I am not computer literate. I have said all I know.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:22 pm
@Rockhead,

I find that amusing since apparently I'm the only one that understands the situation completely.

Let's recap shall we?

1. Robert disabled PM's because some members that were merged from another forum were spamming in response to being merged.
2. Robert said he wouldn't re-enable PM's until he created an anti-spam feature.
3. It's been so long that those members most likely no longer care to spam as well as being placated with a special sub-forum of their own.
4. Therefore, Robert could re-enable the PM's without bothering with an anti-spam feature.

Are we all on the same page now?
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:24 pm
I didnt think NR was rude with his opening post at all.

Im not sure I understand the attack beyond people being tired of the question being asked a lot. But oh well. People ask questions over and over.

but i didnt find his opening post rude .
in fact he wasnt rude until an entire page later.. most would have been rude immediately.

not everyone knows the site owner/worker/coding person. So posting the question on the open forum is the best way to get an answer. Cant hold that against them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:26 pm
I do believe Robert wants to avoid spamming from whatever source, which means wait.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:27 pm
@Night Ripper,
You forgot the last part, that you are a putz with a sense of possession.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:29 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

You forgot the last part, that you are a putz with a sense of possession.

You've now been added to my ignore list.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:30 pm
@Night Ripper,
Yippee.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I do believe Robert wants to avoid spamming from whatever source, which means wait.

That doesn't make sense. Why is it only the members that joined after the merge that can't PM then? Why not everyone?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:32 pm
If I told you more I would have to kill you. Sorry.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
sorry ed.

you've already said too much.

I'm afraid I had to report you...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:35 pm
@Night Ripper,
If you would look back, it is because some of those new members spammed egregiously.

Your outrage is misplaced.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

If I told you more I would have to kill you. Sorry.

I think the answer is simple. Robert should just re-enable PM's and not worry about an anti-spam feature that isn't needed.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:42 pm
@Night Ripper,
He pretty much said that in the posts he wrote a month ago that were linked to about 3 pages ago.

Even he thinks it has taken too long but he can't do anything about it right now due to other constraints on his time.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Like I said, putz,

We argue a lot here. I'm not the best, but you are junior league. You seem to have some sense of entitlement covered in rage. Not useful so far.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

He pretty much said that in the posts he wrote a month ago that were linked to about 3 pages ago.

Even he thinks it has taken too long but he can't do anything about it right now due to other constraints on his time.

No, he said the constraints on his time prevented him from coding an anti-spam feature. As I've said several times now, it's not needed so therefore constraints on his time are irrelevant. If he disabled the PM's with a few lines of code then it is only a matter of taking those lines out.

I'm a Zend Certified PHP Programmer so I know a little bit about these things.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:54 pm
@Night Ripper,
Honey, start your own site.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:56 pm
@ossobuco,
or are you looking for a job?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:58 pm
@Night Ripper,
In that case, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page and lodge your complaint and suggestion directly with him. If his computer is up and running now after having been down for a month, he'll see your request.

Continuing the debate with folks who have no control over what he does or doesn't do with the coding of features on this site is futile.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:01 pm
@Night Ripper,
Quote:
As I've said several times now, it's not needed so therefore constraints on his time are irrelevant.

Just because you think it is not needed does not make it so.

If, as he said, the constraints on his time include his computer system having been down for a month while being repaired and moving his family several times, that is very relevant.