When will PM's be enabled again?

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 07:58 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Meantime, newbies now take pms as some kind of amendment right.

Stop acting hysterical. Nowhere have I made any kind of demands or showed any sense of entitlement. I've simply asked when they would be re-enabled. If Robert says never then "oh well". I was simply making an inquiry and since you're some kind of sycophant, you jumped all over it.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:03 pm
@Night Ripper,
I do guess that Robert will work out a good system.
Nattering isn't useful.

Why not re enable pms to everyone, you're kidding....
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:05 pm
@Night Ripper,
Easy there, tiger. You're fast making yourself very unpopular. Back off and act civil to other members, especially because your WAY out of line here.

Having been involved briefly on any site doesn't qualify you for immediate enstatement to all the site's functionality especially PMs. Can you understand the security risk if you actually WERE a spammer or hacker bad citizen, etc? Frankly it's functionality that you haven't earned, but that's beside the point.

Not saying you are hacker but why would anyone want to belong on a site where just ANYONE could get instant messaging access. It would a webmasters nightmare with spam elimination and more hack attacks consuming most of their maint time. Think about what kind of effect the access you're asking for would add to a webmaster and staff work load. There's not a team of people and a full time staff running things. I'm sure you have no frikkin idea the degree of work it takes for upkeep with this being a free site.

At some point you might get your head out your ass.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:06 pm
@Ragman,
Wait, he is in line for martyr.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:09 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Easy there, tiger. You're fast making yourself very unpopular. Back off and act civil, especially because your WAY out of line here.

I'm only giving the same rude treatment that was offered to me first.

I'm so unpopular that someone keeps thumbing my posts up...
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:11 pm
@Night Ripper,
I'm not a sychophant, Robert and I blast each other once in a while, air clearing.

I jump over it because you are stupid while accusing.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:12 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I jump over it because you are stupid while accusing.

Aww, stop insulting me or you'll make me cry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:13 pm
@Night Ripper,
NR, I've been using PMs for quite some time now. Do you know how?
JTT

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:13 pm
@Night Ripper,
Quote:
I'm so unpopular that someone keeps thumbing my posts up...

I don't do that silly numbers thing [it's only for the incestuals] but that was good, really good, NR.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's because your membership-join date doesn't fall within the parameters that were used to block the use of PMs. Only members with a join date after that specific (unknown) date are not able to use the PM system.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:23 pm
Crikey.

There is no chance I'll have a vigorous website, but if I did, I'd like some control.

I remain interested in argument re my points of view. Full blouse shut down attacks make no sense.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
Didn't know that; thanks for letting me know.
JTT

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
There is no chance I'll have a vigorous website, but if I did, I'd like some control.

Like putting lots of gates in the fence so you didn't have to keep climbing up and falling off to one side then climbing up and falling off to the other. That's too hard on the ole noggin', eh, Osso?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
and also members that send nasty PMs to other members.

just saying...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:28 pm
@Night Ripper,
eh?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:38 pm
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper wrote:

Those members "spammed" only because they were merged from another forum. I'm sure those people are gone now or at least don't care anymore. Why not re-enable PM's for everyone?

The philosophy forum was reorganized. The ones that hung in there are posting much like they did before Robert bought the site.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Night Ripper wrote:

Those members "spammed" only because they were merged from another forum. I'm sure those people are gone now or at least don't care anymore. Why not re-enable PM's for everyone?

The philosophy forum was reorganized. The ones that hung in there are posting much like they did before Robert bought the site.

So, are you saying that those people that were spamming before have even less of a reason to spam now (aside from the months of time that have passed)?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:44 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'll disengage, this is all silly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:00 pm
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Night Ripper wrote:

So, are you saying that those people that were spamming before have even less of a reason to spam now (aside from the months of time that have passed)?

I would say they have zero cause to spam. But, as has been pointed out, Robert is busy elsewhere, as dictated by his finances and has stated he will take care of PMs in his free time, which he cannot predict.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 09:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Night Ripper wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Night Ripper wrote:

I would say they have zero cause to spam. But, as has been pointed out, Robert is busy elsewhere, as dictated by his finances and has stated he will take care of PMs in his free time, which he cannot predict.

If there is no cause for spam then why does he need to code an anti-spam feature and thereby force us to wait longer? Why not just re-enable PM's in the same way he disabled them?
0 Replies