When will PM's be enabled again?

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Just because you think it is not needed does not make it so.

I'm going by Robert's criteria, not mine. He felt it was needed because the newly merged members were spamming. Now, they're likely not motivated to do that anymore. So therefore, (by Robert's criteria, not mine) it's not needed.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:08 pm
@Night Ripper,
That doesn't eliminate the hole in the site's spam prevention systems. That is his main priority. Eliminate the philosophy group and the hole in the site's prevention systems still exists. He wants to eliminate that hole before opening the PMs back up to newcomers to the site.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:09 pm
@Night Ripper,
That's nice, but it showed a flaw in the system, thus needs reworking.

In any case, not your call.

Me, I'm glad a2k is working, and always have been.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:17 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

That doesn't eliminate the hole in the site's spam prevention systems. That is his main priority. Eliminate the philosophy group and the hole in the site's prevention systems still exists. He wants to eliminate that hole before opening the PMs back up to newcomers to the site.

If spam was such a big problem before the merger then why did Robert only disable PM's after the merger and why did Robert say specifically that PM's were disabled because of the people that were merged from the other forum?

Don't tell me that somehow spam became a problem after the PM's were disabled. That would just be silly.

I think you're too entrenched in your own position and refuse to see that I'm right.
Ragman

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:19 pm
@Night Ripper,
This looks like an (ad nauseum) argument and doesn't seem particularly productive. Right or wrong and whether or not anybody here is entrenched in any positions on this issue, we're all bozos here on this bus. Perhaps your best and most effective route is directing this NOT to the community, but to Bob himself.
dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:23 pm
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

If I told you more I would have to kill you. Sorry.

I think the answer is simple. Robert should just re-enable PM's and not worry about an anti-spam feature that isn't needed.

But then, I suspect he'll not be too worried about what you think he should worry about.

Does that worry you?
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:24 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

This looks like an (ad nauseum) argument and doesn't seem particularly productive. Right or wrong and whether or not anybody here is entrenched in any positions on this issue, we're all bozos here on this bus. Perhaps your best and most effective route is directing this NOT to the community, but to Bob himself.

Well, I'm sure you get off on swooping in to save us all from ourselves but this is my preferred method of contact. Thanks for your feigned concern but your advice is both unneeded and unwanted.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:26 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

It's kind of fun to read though.

It's like a rude repartee guide.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:26 pm
@Night Ripper,
Okay, you are right. (not really) Feel better?

It doesn't change a thing. It is still up to Robert to make the change (either to turn them on without the fix or to fix it and then turn them on) and he'll do it when he does it and not any sooner. There isn't a thing you or I can do about that no matter how many times we complain about it.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:34 pm
@Butrflynet,
But wait, the arrogance is sort of fun.
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
he'll do it when he does it

Really?! I thought he would do it before he does it!

Do you get some kind of feeling of importance by stating obvious things matter-of-factly?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:37 pm
@Night Ripper,
Yep! Now bow down to me and kiss my toes (I was going to order you to say 3 Hail Mary's, but I heard you are an atheist). Wink
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Yep! Now bow down to me and kiss my toes.

Right after you kiss my ass.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:41 pm
@Night Ripper,
gone.
0 Replies

dyslexia

I've devoted 5 minutes to scan this thread, would have been more productive devoting 10 minutes watching paint dry.
Butrflynet

@Night Ripper,
Sorry, there are too many constraints on my time at the moment. Maybe some other time. Wink
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:43 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I've devoted 5 minutes to scan this thread, would have been more productive devoting 10 minutes watching paint dry.

Well thanks for keeping us informed and degrading the quality of this thread even more. It's rather hilarious how some people feel superior and just have to let the world know.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:48 pm
@dlowan,
Funny you should mention that. I was actually going to refer a friend who is not BLOG or forum aware and point this out about as prima facie evidence as to how NOT to introduce, or conduct yourself in an online community.
dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:52 pm
@Ragman,
Fun to watch though.

And it kind of depends on what you want from the community.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:58 pm
@Night Ripper,
What a butternut you are.
The huge spam was a clue to a basic problem that takes time to fix.
Why on earth are you so arrogant?