Road To Super Bowl, 2011. You Can Pretend To Know About The NFL!

McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 08:00 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Thanks, Cowdoc. Your data squares with mine.
I awarded 1 point to each correct pick in the Wild Card games a week ago and 2 points for a good prediction this past weekend. Each of the 2 games next weekend is worth 5 points with 6 points for a correct pick in the Super Bowl.
Mysteryman's jubilation was short-lived. While he was the only player to pick the Jets, he has Baltimore and Atlanta winning next week and neither will be playing. He is done. He is not alone.
Mysteryman, JPB, Osso, Cowdoc, Lmur and BillW have 6 points each but can not earn any more. Joining them on the bench are LiontamerX, Rhys and Oylek (5 points each); CoastalRat (4); Spendius (3) and Finn (2).
George has 9 points thus far and will have the opportunity to add 5 points next weekend (i.e. he will have 1 team playing-Green Bay).
Johnboy and Parados are at 8 and can add 10 more. They both have Pittsburgh and Green Bay.
Fbaezer, Region and Sozobe have 8 points and the opportunity for 5 more if Green Bay advances.
Edgar has earned 7 and can possibly get 10 more if Pittsburgh and Green Bay advance. Also at 7 but with the chance to pick up only 5 more next week are Ragman (going with Green Bay), Miz Cowdoc and Tsarstepen (both picking Chicago).
Wandeljw has 6 and can gather 5 more if Chicago gets a win. AndyClubber has 5 and has Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Jespah, also at 5, has Green Bay.
Tico and Aidan have each collected 4 points thus far and have Green Bay and Chicago still in their surveyors' hairs.

Please let me know if you catch any errors. The scorecard I designed for myself turns out to not be very user friendly.

*AHEM* I seem to missing in this...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 08:58 am
@McGentrix,
yup.

you can join me - standing near the bench, since we didn't even get bench seats
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 09:18 am
My prior picks are all shot to hell.

I had Pittsburgh over Baltimore but that was it.

So now the sake of jinx I will predict

Steelers over the Jets (I am rooting for the Jets)
Bears over the Packers (I don't really care who wins but hate Julius Pepper)

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 09:57 am
Mr B is apparently going to the Bears/Packers game on Sunday. His Bears karma has been spotty over the years, but I think he's seen more wins than losses. BIL, on the other hand, is flying in for the game (as he did for the game last weekend). He was a long time season's ticket holder during the years that the Bears sucked. His Bears karma is a known net negative. SIL is staying home. She's definitely known to jinx the chances of a Bears win.

All in all, the B family who will be in attendance will have no net impact on Bears karma. They will, however, be freezing their asses off.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 12:47 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix: I can't seem to find you picks. What page were they on? As for you, EhBeth, you went 2-4 in this past weekend's games but you were supposed to pick all the through to the end. Did I miss where you did that?
I will be happy to edit my standings thing.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 12:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

McGentrix: I can't seem to find you picks. What page were they on? As for you, EhBeth, you went 2-4 in this past weekend's games but you were supposed to pick all the through to the end. Did I miss where you did that?
I will be happy to edit my standings thing.

nah, I just want a seat on the bench.

I left for the concert before I saw your post telling me you needed more.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 01:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
Page 10, rjb.
McGentrix wrote:

Game 1 vs Game 4
Game 2 vs Game 3

Lets keep our AFC and NFC teams in the same bracket please.

For example (and my picks): Pittsburgh will be playing New England for AFC and Green Bay will be playing Chicago for NFC Championship.

New England will be beating Green Bay in the Super Bowl with a score of 38-17.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 01:40 pm
@lmur,
Thank you lmur!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 01:40 pm
@lmur,
Thanks, Lmur. I remember that post now. I was confused by it. So McG picked
Pittsburgh over Baltimore
Green Bay over Atlanta
Chicago over Seattle
New England over NY Jets

New England over Pittsburgh
Green Bay over Chicago

New England over Green Bay (38-17)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 01:43 pm
@McGentrix,
realjohnboy wrote:
Tico and Aidan have each collected 4 points thus far and have Green Bay and Chicago still in their surveyors' hairs.

Ah, well, about that ... no, I thought the Seahawks had another miracle left in them. I have the Packers winning the next two games, but that's it for me.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 05:31 pm
@Ticomaya,
You are correct, Tico. My idea of listing possible remaining points was deeply flawed. McGentrix right now seems to be right up there with George: 9.
I hope you are not mad at me, EhBeth. I really tried to make it clear that we had to pick all the way through the Super Bowl starting with last weekend's games.
Onward.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 05:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
I grabbed the old group W bench from storage.

now there's someplace for us to sit and offer advice...
BillW

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 11:26 pm
@Rockhead,
My advice - don't go for the oldies, leave the Colts and Patriots behind!
Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 11:28 pm
@BillW,
Ima fanna da bears from here on.

(and no more feet jokes, that **** backfired...)
BillW

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 11:31 pm
@Rockhead,
paw jokes are in Twisted Evil
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 04:57 pm
Hi. AndyClubber, besides being an avid Steeler's fan, hates the Patriots.
He ranted today about the incident in the NE-NYJ's game where it appears that a NE player on the sideline may or may have not tripped a passing Jets player.
I can't necessarily see that from the video.
Any thoughts on what Andy describes as the cheating Patriots? Again.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 12:49 am
@realjohnboy,
Not from me, I'm sleepy. Tomorrow..

0 Replies

Oylok

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:52 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

My idea of listing possible remaining points was deeply flawed.

I disagree. I found the list very useful and was able to compile my own list of where everyone stood thanks to you.
0 Replies

Oylok

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:53 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I'd love to know who's still in the competition (in this topic), and where they stand on their predictions.

Exactly how much info do you want?
jespah

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:54 am
@Oylok,
Shoe size, whether you like long walks on the beach, that kind of thing.