Road To Super Bowl, 2011. You Can Pretend To Know About The NFL!

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:33 pm
@Ceili,
Persons from other nations often post youtubes that I cannot see. It works both ways.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:33 pm
@Ceili,
They are probably for the game so far..
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh, I'm sure that's true, it just sucks though.
Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:37 pm
@Ceili,
It's a bone of contention every year at this time. The howls of anger raise to a fevered pitch every year. That is the fault of the Canadian networks in regard to the Superbowl though.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:41 pm
Cars.com kinda but pepsi for sure have females as sex objects...so the prohabition held for three quarters. The end of the game spots are less valuable as many by now have either tuned out or else are too drunk to remember the commercial
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:43 pm
@Ceili,
When overseas americans can't get the commercials on AFN either...always a big complaint
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:45 pm
It is the end days.

Set is watching the SB on the mini-tv upstairs.

<thud>
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:46 pm
@ehBeth,
What have you done to your hair?
I didn't take set for a football watcher.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:50 pm
Go Daddy.com teases about their traditional "women are sex objects" commercials....then tell us that we need to go online to see one...cute...
CowDoc

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
PACKERS WIN!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:07 pm
Congratulations. Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:08 pm
@CowDoc,
Excellent..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:11 pm
Quote:
Christina Aguilera helped kick off Sunday’s Super Bowl with a singer’s nightmare, flubbing the words of "The Star-Spangled Banner" about 40 seconds into the song as tens of millions prepared to watch the game between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Standing at midfield at Texas' Cowboys Stadium, the singer-actress mixed a previously sung clause with the one she was supposed to be on.

Here's what she sang, with the error in bold:

"O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last [unintelligible].”

That fourth line was supposed to be: "O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/06/aguilera-flubs-national-anthem-at-super-bowl/?hpt=C2

I did not think that she sounded too good, and she was certainly more heavy then I have ever seen her outside of pregnancy. Reports that she is falling apart seem credible
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 10:39 pm
Well that sure sucked.
kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 10:41 pm
@kickycan,
The highlight of that super bowl was Slash coming out and doing Sweet Child o' Mine with that hot babe from the Black Eyed Peas.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 04:52 am

good game.
you knew pitts would make it close.
lots of injuries.
not a single coaches challenge, so i guess it was well officiated...
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:59 am
The Steelers will be back. Maybe not next year, but they are a perennial contender. I agree with Kicky that they would be better if Joe Montana in his prime could replace Ben, but if ya got lemons, drive them, I say.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 06:00 am
@Region Philbis,
There was the one (whether it was a completion and broken up by contact, or an incompletion).

Good game, Pittsburgh. When it was 21-3 I thought I might be able to relax a bit -- nope.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 06:27 am
@sozobe,

oh, missed that.
we clicked away from time to time...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 08:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
When overseas americans can't get the commercials on AFN either...always a big complaint

Download the free version of hotspot VPN and it will give you a US ISP address so you can get such block material.