Road To Super Bowl, 2011. You Can Pretend To Know About The NFL!

JPB

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 07:39 pm
@George,
too much wine.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 08:07 pm
@ossobuco,
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/pete_mcentegart/10/13/ten.spot/tx_packersfans_getty.jpg

luckily (?) these were my high school colours so I've still got a coupla appropriate (?) tams
ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 08:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeh, a beret is more my style than a cheese triangle..
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 07:43 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
No matter where you live, I would like for you to face towards where you
think western Kentucky might be and give a nod to my friend Mysteryman.
He was the only player who picked the Jets over the Patriots.
Well done.

I have just turned toward KY and given Mysteryman the . . . nod.
George

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 07:44 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
too much wine.

Oh, yeah.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 07:49 am
Bears versus Packers next Sunday will be the real Super Bowl for me.

I originally believed that if the Bears did make it to the Super Bowl, they would be playing New England.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 07:53 am
@George,
George wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:
No matter where you live, I would like for you to face towards where you
think western Kentucky might be and give a nod to my friend Mysteryman.
Well done.

I have just turned toward KY and given Mysteryman the . . . nod.

How brave of George. God love him!
jespah

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 08:11 am
@wandeljw,
I'd love to know who's still in the competition (in this topic), and where they stand on their predictions.
CowDoc

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 09:42 am
@jespah,
Jes, if my data are correct (and that could be damned dicey), here you go---

Four of us have the Steelers winning it all, with three picking them over the Pack:

Edgar 38-17, Johnboy 27-24, and AndyClubber 24-21. Parados has them beating the Bears 21-17.

Sozobe and Ticomaya have the Packers over New England, 24-17 and 28-21 respectively.

Wandeljw has the Bears over the Pats 28-14.

For some reason, no one had the Jets or Seahawks advancing to Dallas.

Ehbeth got both NFC games right, and both AFC games wrong, but didn't pick past yesterday. Does that fit your your records, rjb?
spendius

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 10:15 am
@jespah,
I'm wasted, weary and worn out jes. The Champ's on the ropes. Tico will be pleased.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 01:40 pm
@spendius,
"Body blow! ... Body blow!" -- Punch-Out (1984)

Hard luck, Spendi. I predicted horribly, but you somehow managed to do worse.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 02:46 pm
@CowDoc,
Thanks, Cowdoc. Your data squares with mine.
I awarded 1 point to each correct pick in the Wild Card games a week ago and 2 points for a good prediction this past weekend. Each of the 2 games next weekend is worth 5 points with 6 points for a correct pick in the Super Bowl.
Mysteryman's jubilation was short-lived. While he was the only player to pick the Jets, he has Baltimore and Atlanta winning next week and neither will be playing. He is done. He is not alone.
Mysteryman, JPB, Osso, Cowdoc, Lmur and BillW have 6 points each but can not earn any more. Joining them on the bench are LiontamerX, Rhys and Oylek (5 points each); CoastalRat (4); Spendius (3) and Finn (2).
George has 9 points thus far and will have the opportunity to add 5 points next weekend (i.e. he will have 1 team playing-Green Bay).
Johnboy and Parados are at 8 and can add 10 more. They both have Pittsburgh and Green Bay.
Fbaezer, Region and Sozobe have 8 points and the opportunity for 5 more if Green Bay advances.
Edgar has earned 7 and can possibly get 10 more if Pittsburgh and Green Bay advance. Also at 7 but with the chance to pick up only 5 more next week are Ragman (going with Green Bay), Miz Cowdoc and Tsarstepen (both picking Chicago).
Wandeljw has 6 and can gather 5 more if Chicago gets a win. AndyClubber has 5 and has Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Jespah, also at 5, has Green Bay.
Tico and Aidan have each collected 4 points thus far and have Green Bay and Chicago still in their surveyors' hairs.

Please let me know if you catch any errors. The scorecard I designed for myself turns out to not be very user friendly.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 02:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
I have to look back, as I seem to remember a whole kit and kaboodle of people chose the same as I did. I may be confused, though, what with all my mind changing before finally typing my choice. I remember thinking, hey, I chose the same as spendius. (do not trust me)

Nevermind, I'm probably remember the 1st four past the wildcard round.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 02:53 pm
@ossobuco,
I have you choosing the Steelers over the Ravens while Spendius had it the other way around.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 02:54 pm
@realjohnboy,
Ok, that's excellent news..
jespah

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 03:08 pm
Thanks for the info -- still fun to follow along (and trash talk the other participants, of course). Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 04:11 pm
@ossobuco,
So we might add graciousness to all your other charms osso.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 05:07 pm
@spendius,
Well, it's fun to best the best on pick'um, however slightly.
Now who do you pick to win...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 10:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
No matter where you live, I would like for you to face towards where you think western Kentucky might be and give a nod to my friend Mysteryman.
Well done.

I just turned my back on western Kentucky, bent over and shot the moon!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 06:50 am

how bad were the pates on sunday?
during the regular season, they went 4-1 against the four remaining teams in the hunt,
winning by an aggregate score of 165-91... Confused
0 Replies