Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

High Seas

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:16 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
... Again I want to thank you for caring about a complete strager like myself. May a God of youre understanding Bless you. Smile

May God bless you too, Peter! Meanwhile we on earth have to do our best, so please focus on what JPB is trying to communicate to you here. Other posters also as you know all mean well and wish you well, and perhaps they will post elsewhere so as to leave this and the other thread with your symptoms free:
http://able2know.org/topic/166110-3#post-4481026
Then JPB can easily collect the relevant information for you to take to your doctors. I will also refrain from posting for a while to make JPB's task easier. Good luck to you Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 10:02 am
@High Seas,
Yes Thank You. I am basicaly trying to figure out how Jonh Nash came to change his thought process. yes all the symptoms are the same. It seems to me once you have identified the symtoms. Then you can look for them and eliminate the delusional. But how can I be sure LOL. Sorry its hard sometimes. Smile So when I come to the site and ask questions. Is because I am trying to figure out whats delusional or not. I do have a question thats not pertaining to the subject though. As you probaly read I was in the Gulf war 20 years ago. Now from my understanding the science and medical comunity came to the agrement that this Gulf war Syndrome was phycological. Ok good to know so less to worry about. But as I was walking out of the V.A. there was a couple of blood donation buses in front of it. Hey donate a pint and save a life I said to myself. So I went in there was just employes there so hey no line right. Yays should be quick. They hand me a list of qualifications for donating. And I knew I was banned from donating blood before because the G.W.S. was still under study and they wanted to be safe. So I asked "can I donate ? I was in the Gulf War" The girl dint know so she got her surpervisor. He sat me down in the back and asked a few questions like when i was in servise and were I was stationed at. And then "no you dont qualify to donate blood". Ok so if anyone out there can answer me this. Why? Thank for all yalls help again. And thank evreyone for the posts. Sorry it takes me so long to answer sometimes.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 10:13 am
@JPB,
Hmm I rather if on my next Appt that the Docs that are treating me. Find enough interest in me. To find a way to read this site and maybe even provide some imput to it. I mean these are the people that I am intrusting my Life with. Besides I want other people with my syptoms to follow my proggress so they can trust their life to these people. So evreything that happens I want it out in the open just like I Disclosed my entire life to evreyone in here. Does that make sense? Again I want to thank you again for all that you are doing. Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 10:20 am
@Cyracuz,
Hmm intersting. But that still leaves me disabled sitting in this dark room unable to do what should be simple tasks. Yes to me I beleive theres alot of fear of the unknow about this disease. So it may have been treated with some prejudice. But hey what hasnt right? So I just hope we can all start doing the right thing for all of society. Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 01:11 am
@JPB,
Ohh do read my Junk mail Topic. It is almost impossible for me to read 1.300 junk emails. And I think Email from here goes there. Lol sorry but the way my mind works its a impossibility for me to sift thru that stuff. I hope maybe you can find a more direct way to comunicate with the docs? Or post out here maybe? I dont know what ever that you think its best ok. Thank You again Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:37 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Hmm I rather if on my next Appt that the Docs that are treating me. Find enough interest in me. To find a way to read this site and maybe even provide some imput to it. I mean these are the people that I am intrusting my Life with. Besides I want other people with my syptoms to follow my proggress so they can trust their life to these people. So evreything that happens I want it out in the open just like I Disclosed my entire life to evreyone in here. Does that make sense? Again I want to thank you again for all that you are doing. Smile

Good morning, Pete!

I hope so too. I don't want to try to talk you into anything that you aren't completely comfortable doing. There is a tremendous amount of valuable input in your threads and in your profile. You put a lot of work and energy (I know that's an understatement) into putting your history, feelings, and experiences with your drug trial in writing. I too hope that the doctors taking over your care want to see what you've started here.

There's no rush. There's no need to do anything if you'd rather not. And, yes, if your new dr isn't able to come here to read your threads, it would be easy to email some copy and pasted posts directly to him in a Word document. Let's wait and see how it goes after your next appointment.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 04:29 pm
@JPB,
Back from the VA doc. Well as I expected a board certified doc is not gona recomend a patient to take a drug thats not aproved yet by the FDA. So I was pulled from the trial and am now on another drug that I havent tried it out yet
The doc after muuuch convincing looked at 2 or 3 posts including the one that you wrote. And is probaly not gona look at anything more. Well here just to be sure ill ask Doc a question. "Doc what was I wearing in your office?" Smile So anyways im gona follow docs directions to the best of my ability. And ill report here. Oh by the way the new drug name is risperidone. Thank you again for all the help and I do hope all of this is fruitfull in some manner.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 05:22 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I think that you're making life a little easy for the next person who finds out that they have schizophrenia, by your ability to share the details of your own life!
If What I wrote makes any sense at all to others, I am not sure!
JPB

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 07:22 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I think a board certified doc is likely to pull you off a drug that's not approved and isn't alleviating your symptoms much. I'm glad you were able to persuade him to look at your posts.

I'm not familiar with risperidone but I'll check it out.

When is your next appointment?

And, I agree with RL. I think your journaling here will be a benefit to those who follow you.
0 Replies

triathbee

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 07:01 am
@High Seas,
Well good job High Seas and JPB! You've managed to get a schizo off the streets and back on his meds. I hate to expose that its all you cared about. Very Happy So 5-stars to both of you and hats off! You can sleep soundly tonight your families are safe!! You managed to get my friend Pete back to the Vetrans Administration docs who can pretty much do nothing but medicate him with something that will take his personality away from us and do absolutely nothing that will fix his 'perceived' problem. So, although Pete (and I) are terrified of the effects the new medication will have on him... we can thank you for his zombie like state when the meds take effect. And being that his rights were taken away by the aforementioned medical establishment and powers that be, Pete is also back on their raidar and will have to take these wonderful numbing medications or he'll get hauled off to a sanitaruim. I hope you two both understand what your encouragement to seek medical attention has cost us all. Granted hes is off a trial med that could be potentially dangerous, so I guess we can thank you for that? So thank you, i guess... for being under the guise that you cared, and I thought I'd let you know that you accomplished what you set out to, so grats.
JPB

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 07:06 am
@triathbee,
Hello?

Want to start over from the beginning?

You seem to be fairly sure that you understand the motivation of someone that you've never interacted with before. Where'd all that come from?
triathbee

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 07:30 am
@JPB,
Whats the title of the thread, because your advice has resulted in further removal of Petes rights. So if I'm wrong then I apoligize... explain your motivation then? Just randomly helping someone you don't know? And I'm angry because the process of remedicating my friend is really upsetting because I interact with pete on a daily basis and I care about him. You on the other hand...I don't know you, and thus I have no basis to judge your motivation other than by the result of your advice right? And results I see are a man on meds that don't work. So, pardon my frustration if its not deserved.
JPB

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 07:59 am
@triathbee,
I'm glad to know that Pete has friends IRL who are looking out for his best interests. Thanks for coming here and bringing that perspective to the discussion.

Pete came here and started posting about his disease and his issues and earned the respect and admiration of many of the regular posters. You may get a feel for that by reading this thread http://able2know.org/topic/166316-1

I don't know if you read his profile (click on his user name and it will bring you to his profile) but it speaks volumes. He's also started a number of threads about religion and the conversations he has in his head as he tries to sort through it all. He gets all kinds of feedback here, as do most folks who post stuff on the internet, but I think Pete is a welcome member of this forum.

He mentioned that he was in a drug trial and that the drug didn't seem to be helping him. That's when I joined the conversation about getting him medical care. That discussion can be found in this thread http://able2know.org/topic/166110-2

I understand the workings of a clinical trial. I also understand (as best I can from what Pete has shared) that he doesn't like the way anti-psychotic meds have made him feel in the past. I agree with you that turning Pete into a zombie is not a worthy goal. I don't want Pete off the streets. I want Pete to find out if there are new generations of meds available that might help alleviate his symptoms without dehumanizing him.

And, yes, caring about random strangers goes on a lot around here. Welcome to A2K. I hope you stick around for Pete's sake.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:09 am
@triathbee,
Hiyas ger is ok. Ok yall let me update on how I feel uneder this medication. It kind of like if my though process was a river of flowing information. And now is like its been jellied down. Slowed down. I understtand the concept behind it. I cant finish my thoughts. So like riding a car should be berable for me. I believed I am looking what we called in here before zoombied out. Is like when walking or doing something it takess a split second longer to reach my nevers and do the action. My thought process is still the same But I cant complete a full thought well. So I cant come up with a delusional decesion. Makes sense? I am gona test out this theory this morning. I am gona walk a few blocks to walmart. Right now I am not panicking because i cant finish my thoughts well. Ok on my way now. Ill update on how it went. By the way yall. I have comunicated with triahbee more than anyone in my life so she is a authority in knowing me. Smile oki be back soon
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:10 am
@triathbee,
In my opinion, if any person goes on a public, anonymous forum to vent his troubles, and the responses he gets from talking to people he knows almost nothing about gives him more trouble, he has only himself to thank.

And also, anyone that gives advice cannot be faulted if it is bad advice. That's the difference between giving advice and giving orders. Orders you are required to just do, but it is generally expected of anyone who seeks advice that they make their own desicions to take the advice or not.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:14 am
@JPB,
Hiyas shes just concerned is hard seeing someone getting zoombied out. She has futher history in subject with someone else besides me. Again let things unfold evreyone. Smile its the first day of trying out this new drug. Lets give it time. Ill describe whats happening as clearly as possible. Then after we all can make a informed decesion. Smile Ok of to see if How well I can bear walking the streets. Be back soon.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:15 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Good morning, Pete. I'm glad you checked in.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:17 am
@JPB,
Good morning. Smile Ok off to experiment and see the benefits and draw backs of the drug be back soon Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 11:34 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok back. Again I want to remind evreyone There is no know cure for this disease. You can only treat the symptoms. And again This is the first day. It also interacting with the other drug. I am sure theres a certain time frame to where I will be only on the new drug. It feels like the signals from my brain takes longer to reach the rest of my body. My thought process is still the same. I just got to concetrate a bit more to do evreything else. I am sure that eventual I'll get usto it. Similar to a functioning "drunk" ( remember 50 years ago it was verry comon to pull out the good alcohol in a busines metting) once its the only way you know you are able to fuction under drugs. It relieved most of my paronoia because my mind is preocupied. When I looked at traffic i still felt panic but not in the extreme as before. I did find when someone asked me something it took alot longer to proccess the question and reply. In one instance someone bumped into me and and said "excuse me" and by the time that was proccessed the person was out the door and I wasnt able to reply in time. My steps were as if I had drank about 2 beers now i dont usaly drink in 3 months I have drank about 3/4 of a beer and it took me about 2 hours to do it. Now dont get the wrong idea I wasnt Felling "drunk" just the actions were a good comparison. My thoughts are mostly incomplete. They seem to jump to another before any conclution comes to them. As a benefit I was able to socialize some and able to ride the bus back with little agitaion. Before I was in a state of panic. So it is so far treating the symptoms. Ill update more as it comes and if anyone have any questions at all please post it. Thank you. Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 11:36 am
@reasoning logic,
Thank You Im just doing what I believe is right.
0 Replies