Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:42 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Heads up, mike. Hawkeye's opinions are shared by very few people at this site. So you don't have to take anything he says seriously.

on the other hand conventional wisdom is usually wrong....
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 07:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hi kolyo.
Ok again all Im trying to do is understand point of views. Im not critizising any body Smile
Just out of pure of curiosity, How would you complete this sentance?
"If you see something wrong you should ......................"
Kolyo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:03 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
If you see something wrong you should .......RAISE AWARENESS..............
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:43 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
"If you see something wrong you should ......................double and then triple check to make sure something is wrong, then check to see if you have any right to try to either work for change or force change. you have ownership of your life and your life only, you must respect other peoples right to live their own lives as they see fit if you want to expect them to do the same favor for you. good intentions are no where near good enough, for instance look at all the young people we have who have been totally fucked up by helicopter parenting....these parents want only the best for their kids, and they keep trying to "help" their kids, but the end result is damage, it is the minting of adults who are totally unprepared to deal with life.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:51 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
It sounds more like he's saying that peoples should choose to adopt the kind of laws he wants them to adopt, and any other choice is "sad." (BTW, that's also my position.)

who the **** died and made you the all knowing God? you dont know what is best for anyone other than yourself (and actually that is optimistic, as most people dont even know that much). Live your own life as best you can, if you are lucky enough to live in a democracy then cast your vote at polling time, and then STFU about what everyone else should do... you are out of your lane.
Kolyo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
The message in your post is self-defeating, as you are currently trying to tell someone (me) what to do.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
"you dont know what is best for anyone other than yourself (and actually that is optimistic, as most people dont even know that much). Live your own life as best you can, if you are lucky enough to live in a democracy then cast your vote at polling time, and then STFU about what everyone else should do... you are out of your lane. "...

hmmmmmmm.

words I wish you would live by.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:09 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

The message in your post is self-defeating, as you are currently trying to tell someone (me) what to do.

I am saying stay out of my life and other peoples lives unless they invite you in.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"you dont know what is best for anyone other than yourself (and actually that is optimistic, as most people dont even know that much). Live your own life as best you can, if you are lucky enough to live in a democracy then cast your vote at polling time, and then STFU about what everyone else should do... you are out of your lane. "...

hmmmmmmm.

words I wish you would live by.

posting an opinion on A2K is an invite to enter.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:15 pm
And when you twisted mikeymojo's words into something he really hadn't said, you festering cancer, that was all the invite I needed.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:18 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

And when you twisted mikeymojo's words into something he really hadn't said, you festering cancer, that was all the invite I needed.

I have seen no evidence that my reading was off. nor have I objected to your speaking. all I have said is that your mindset is abusive to others.
Kolyo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well given your views on abuse, should I take that as a compliment?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
"your mindset is abusive to others."

really???

Rolling Eyes
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:29 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"your mindset is abusive to others."

really???

Rolling Eyes

really. too many around here have either forgotten or never knew that violating the sovereignty of others is the founding definition of abuse.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
but none of this comes home to roost at hawkeye's house, of course...

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:51 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

but none of this comes home to roost at hawkeye's house, of course...

of course not...but only because I am smart enough and diligent enough to know what my wife really wants. paying attention to what she says is just one very small part of learning this. A2K'ers always should have had the decency to let my wife live her own life...the jump to the assumption that she is abused is in itself an act of abuse.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 06:39 am
@hawkeye10,
Ok I understand what your saying about We shouldnt go trying to change other countries. We should let them govern as they chose.
Ok I can understand that. But what if the group of people have no soreignty.
If they dont fall under any Countrys rule of law.
You must belong to a Country to be alowed to work.
Cant work that means you have no income to feed your self or your familie.
How do you survive?
Should you be alowed to survive?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 10:20 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
example please. Gaza?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 11:57 am
@hawkeye10,
So should they be alowed to survive?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 12:16 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I mean if a group of people are not alowed to claim citzinship to any Country.
And the World has a rule. *you must belong to a Country to work*
Than is it any particular Coutrys responsability?
Is it the World responsability on weather these people this people survive?
Should the Human race as a whole care?
Should they be alowed to feed themselfs and their families?