Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 02:08 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Again for me to say that I understand how a regular mind works is only an assuption. I can only describe how a 'sick' mind like my works. But the way lol when I say 'sick' I am only describing evreyone elses words. Its 'sick' because it over anylizes evreything thing at this point. Its paralizing I cant follow anything thru. Transportation puts me in a state of panic. Being scared of someone saying lets 'disfranchise' that guy. I guess thats just fear of the unknown. I mean does any other kind of fear exist? I dont know how yalls mind work. I am trying to learn. If yall can just writte it down frankly. Like the God chaledge? The healthy mind for how many years been 'disfranchasing' any 'sick' mind that put forth such a proposal. And I just want to understand from the healty minds. Why what argument that you have thats soo compeling. Thats just hard to understand? I can easly see that it angered people. But I dont understand why its enough proff yet to be 'disfrachised'? I am trying to understand if no one can disproff it and no one can proff it. I dont know from my point of view evreyone else is the nut case. Sorry no offense intended. But evrey one does know that this was a Death sentence for many centuries right? I dont know please help me understand. Thank you. Smile
High Seas

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 05:48 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter - the people who wrote on the previous page (JLNobody and OmSigDavid) meant no harm. They never wanted to disenfranchise you. They didn't mean to confuse you. They just didn't know you are ill. I'm sure both of them will come back and confirm what I write if you think that's going to help you.

Also: please go back and read JPB's advice about your plans for tomorrow. It's on the previous page. You don't have to worry about any voices being God - I explained that, please read it. Get some rest tonight, get up early tomorrow, take a shower, put on clean clothes, and take the bus to the VA clinic. Please Smile
JLNobody

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:36 pm
@High Seas,
Thank you High Seas. You have my confirmation.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 12:29 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
My favorite weapon I carried wile in the military was the S.A.W (squad automatic weapon) That baby could fire 1.000 rounds a minute. Too bad we had to carry all the amunition though Smile
That is a very fine weapon, Peter.
Thank u for your service. Didn't u have an ammo bearer ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 12:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
The right to vote is not based upon intelligence.
When I said that, I meant that in my opinion,
any citizen and EVERY citizen morally
has the right to vote (tho not the legal right to vote).

This includes citizens of ALL ages and of ALL levels of intelligence.
In my opinion, NO citizen shoud be disenfranchised.

Legally, when a citizen registers to vote,
he is NOT subjected to any intelligence test.

I don 't know if this is true, but
I have heard that in France, people who are confined
to mental hospitals are free to vote in French elections.

I wish you well, Peter.
I hope that your life will be filled with beauty and joy

David
High Seas

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 05:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you both, JLNobody and OmSigDavid. You see, Peter, you worried needlessly! Please just go on as per JPB's previous advice; good luck to you Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:19 am
@High Seas,
Thank You!! Smile Im out there door now. Ill update when I am Back.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:08 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok its 3 Buses to get there. Got there was able to talk to someone and ask them to share records with the drug research company. I told them that I was very upset on how the last docs receptionist said "dont call us we will call you to schedulle youre next appt" after I told the doc the meds wasnt working and asked him can we try something different and got a reply from him "No I want you to stay on these". And never got called back in almost 2 years. So I told them I dont want the same doc and they said he no longer worked there. So I feel a little better about that. The Lady that saw me said she couldnt read the site because it might get her in trouble cause it said she had to sign or something. But anyways I got a appt for the 4th to see them when they have more time. The trip was exausting for me so im gona pass out for a few hours. Again I want to thank you for caring about a complete strager like myself. May a God of youre understanding Bless you. Smile

i
High Seas

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:16 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well done! Very well done! Everybody here understands how difficult it all must be, so yes, get some rest, but first pat yourself on back on a job well done! Smile
JPB

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 05:30 pm
@High Seas,
Indeed!

I'm really glad you put in the effort, Pete. I know it was a huge undertaking for you. Hopefully something good will come out of the appt on the 4th.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 05:42 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
And you too, Peter.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:33 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Congrats are in place Peter, you are an example for others out there with the same problem... Wink

Best regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:17 am
What if some mental illnesses are actually symptoms of a healthy mind struggling to accept a profoundly sick society?

What if the most common cause of mental illnesses is guilt that weighs on the subconscious, guild over living so selfishly when any sane human can see that the world needs more of our compassion. The fact that I live in a society that is bursting with wealth, thereby causing others to live in utter depravity, is my bad karma, and unless I am completely insane, that should weigh on my conscience. It is part of being human to feel bad about seing others suffer. And if I don't admit that to myself, if I just trivialize and explain it away, that is likely to manifest as a mental illness because from a "healthy perspective", the reason behind it isn't even an acknowledged issue.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
What if some mental illnesses are actually symptoms
of a healthy mind struggling to accept a profoundly sick society?
U mean like the black plague, or the flu epidemic of 1918 ?

Cyracuz wrote:
What if the most common cause of mental illnesses is guilt that weighs on the subconscious,
Well, we can deport those people, for the safety and well-being of the rest of us.
That is "what if"; THAT if.

Cyracuz wrote:
guild over living so selfishly when any sane human can see
that the world needs more of our compassion.
What the world "needs" is the world's tuff luck.
We owe it to ourselves to have as much fun in our lives as we POSSIBLY can.
As Richard Bach put it: "we are the otters of the universe."
Living as selfishly as possible is the NATURAL and logic thing to DO.

Cyracuz wrote:
The fact that I live in a society that is bursting with wealth,
thereby causing others to live in utter depravity, is my bad karma,
and unless I am completely insane, that should weigh on my conscience.
That is just foolishness, but if u feel that way,
then give away all of YOUR money. I 'll enjoy mine, for myself.
That 's what it is FOR. That is the reason that I earned it.

Cyracuz wrote:
It is part of being human to feel bad about seing others suffer.
Yeah? PROVE it.

Cyracuz wrote:
And if I don't admit that to myself, if I just trivialize and explain it away,
that is likely to manifest as a mental illness because from a "healthy perspective",
the reason behind it isn't even an acknowledged issue.
Then, if u don 't give away all of your property,
u r a hypocrit

I 'll KEEP mine, and have as much fun
as possible with it.

David

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 09:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Your "reasoning" is a prime example of what I mean. A string of justifications to your selfish attitude. What goes for "healthy reasoning", and it is entirely within the tradition of sensible thinking of late, where it seems to be a goal in itself to exclude all emotional input on these issues in order to get max rational clarity.
But considering that a huge part of our perception and experience happens at an emotional level, how is this a "sane" practice?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 09:56 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
Your "reasoning" is a prime example of what I mean.
Thank u; I try.

Cyracuz wrote:
A string of justifications to your selfish attitude.
Yes; that is what I intended.
I 'm big on greed.
Greed is good,
but there is not enuf of it.

Cyracuz wrote:
What goes for "healthy reasoning", and it is entirely within the tradition of sensible thinking of late,
where it seems to be a goal in itself to exclude all emotional input on these issues in order to get max rational clarity.
Yes; our minds r for rational analyses.

Cyracuz wrote:
But considering that a huge part of our perception and experience
happens at an emotional level, how is this a "sane" practice?
Well, it improves accuracy of calculation.
That is the goal.
It works.
That is what got us to the Moon.
That is how we split the atom, by logic, not by emotion.

David
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:16 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Thank you for you Jeffrey Cobb!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:24 pm
@Cyracuz,
You do seem to be correct in what you mean! There are mental disorders that the patents are not able to see for themselves such as OCPD

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson6.php
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:22 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Ok its 3 Buses to get there. Got there was able to talk to someone and ask them to share records with the drug research company. I told them that I was very upset on how the last docs receptionist said "dont call us we will call you to schedulle youre next appt" after I told the doc the meds wasnt working and asked him can we try something different and got a reply from him "No I want you to stay on these". And never got called back in almost 2 years. So I told them I dont want the same doc and they said he no longer worked there. So I feel a little better about that. The Lady that saw me said she couldnt read the site because it might get her in trouble cause it said she had to sign or something. But anyways I got a appt for the 4th to see them when they have more time. The trip was exausting for me so im gona pass out for a few hours. Again I want to thank you for caring about a complete strager like myself. May a God of youre understanding Bless you. Smile

Hey Pete,

I know you said elsewhere that your printer is broken, but what if we collected some of your posts into a document for you and mailed it to you? You'd have to give someone your address, but if your doc can't (or won't) read this site, maybe we can help you get your writings down on paper and you could bring it with you to your appointment.

what do you think?
JPB

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:58 pm
@JPB,
or... I have another thought.

I've put my email address on my profile. If you're comfortable with this idea you can send me an email with your home address and I'll try to get you some printouts. I don't know that I can get them there in time for your appointment on Monday, but at least you'll have them.