My apologies to the a2k comunity

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:36 pm
I would like to apologize to this comunity. After some reading I finaly realized that this is a place for people with the highest education. I dont even hold a coledge degree. I can barely spell anymore. I am a very sick person. My schizophrenia has been getting progressively worse. I have auditory dilusions. Like discutions in my head. Hmmm well since you cant see my side of the screen, let me give you an exaple. Sometimes I go weeks without taking a shower because I first gotta win an argument in my head about why is it more important for me to shower than to conserve water. Sounds silly huh. But thats why they are called dilusions. Its hard for me to do something as simple as taking a ride in a car. I go into a panick mode. I have no social life (well that one should be self explanatory) The few days I spend in this community, I read alot of stuff. Sounds harmeless right? Well the thing is alot of what I read becomes a question open for discution in my head. Ok still sounds harmeless right? Well these discutions go on till im so mentally exausted That I just passed out, then I wake up and the process repeats itself. That happened to me 4 times today alone. And well on top of that some of these are not logical thoughts. For example I read something that hex wrote. And my voices conviced me this was a personal statement. Well you can read the posts to see how that ended up. My apoligies again hex. And also to all that I may haved showed disrepect. I will try to stick to my topic were high seas is atempting to help me with my medication problem. I am scared to death my last medication basicaly made me zombie like. I cant realy see a future. dont consist of being zombied out, hospitalized, incarserated, and few other examples that consist more of delusions then reality. If youre a medical stundent, going into the research field for this disease. Well my prayers are with you I hope you are the one that finaly finds a cure. Well before anyone assumes that this is a bait tread. I want to assure this is not. I am sincere in my apology to this community. Thank you for taking the time to read my apology
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 23 • Views: 5,520 • Replies: 73

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:49 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Thank you for your frank post
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:53 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Dude, being illiterate and schizophrenic actually gives you a leg up on the rest of us around here. My dad, 80 years old and full of vinegar never got out of the eighth grade and lives in a split level head... and I rely on his perspective on life as the truest arrow. Stick around, you've got lots to say! In fact you will find out that regardless of how different you believe you think you are compared to the folks you call "normal," you actually are just like them, or us!.....So, whenever you realize that your writings begin to wander, grab them like the string on a helium ballon and haul them back in!

BE YOURSELF!

AND WELCOME TO THE MONKEY HOUSE! JUST WATCH OUT FOR THE FLYING POO!
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 06:59 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hello PJ, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling to well. I sincerely hope you can get
some help or at least have more good days than bad days.
PJ, Sir you don't have to apologise, not to me or anybody else at this web site.
There are some at this site who it seems their hobby and only purpose is to bait
and insult people, so really you should NOT be worrying about that.
You have enough on your plate. I hope you are getting some real help with your
condition and if you have family their standing by you.
Once again PJ I wish you all the best and hope things go well for you.
George.

Oh and what Kuvasz said is dead right. This is Cuckoo land.

Quote:
being illiterate and schizophrenic actually gives you a leg up on the rest of us around here
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:37 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
There's no need for you to apologize. I don't have a college degree either, and I'm certainly not the only one. There are a lot of people who are mentally "sound" but still manage to mess up their lives.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 10:07 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hi pjc, good to meet you.

If you need to chat with friends you'll find lots of lovely people here.

Discuss the medication issue with your physician.

And for goodness sake just enjoy that shower.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 10:23 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
It's sentiment and tone that count not the ability to spell and ones credentials that matter most here.

There is no need to apologize, especially for things one can not control. Here at a2k there is a lot of great people who are supportive and are great listeners to boot.

You are welcome here at a2k even during the stormiest of days.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:33 am
Thank you Smile
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:18 am
I don't have a college degree and I started a thread on how bad my spelling is, so we have that in common. Very Happy
No apologies necessary. Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you can find some happiness, I really do.
I hope you'll stick around too, cause I think we are all a wee bit off, wildly in all directions. It's all good.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:35 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,

I wish u good fortune and great happiness, Mr. Cobb.
I hope that everything will work out well for u.

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:02 am
Yeh, Dave and I are the poster kids of bad spelling. SO dont feel like you need to apologize. AS far as arguments, Ive always felt that college often interefers with an education. elax and

WHOA, there goes some more monkey ****!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:18 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
i believe mr. carroll said it best

The Cat only grinned when it saw Alice. It looked good- natured, she thought: still it had VERY long claws and a great many teeth, so she felt that it ought to be treated with respect.

`Cheshire Puss,' she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider. `Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. `Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.

`I don't much care where--' said Alice.

`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.

`--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.

`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'

Alice felt that this could not be denied, so she tried another question. `What sort of people live about here?'

`In THAT direction,' the Cat said, waving its right paw round, `lives a Hatter: and in THAT direction,' waving the other paw, `lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad.'

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.

`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

as for education, don't let the philosophy folks fool you, they don't know any more than the rest of us
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:22 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hi Peter. Welcome to a2k. I think you'll find all sorts of people here with all sorts of abilities and issues. Yes, there are some who care less about what you say than how you say it, but for the most part we're a friendly enough group. It's up to you if you allow yourself to become embroiled with those who get their jollies by taunting others, or if you ignore them. The ignore user button works wonders for those who prefer the later but find themselves getting sucked in.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:55 am
Thank you Smile Yalls posts mean more to me than you could possibly imagine Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:58 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Welcome to A2K PJC Very Happy

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:00 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,

Quote:
Sometimes I go weeks without taking a shower because I first gotta win an argument in my head about why is it more important for me to shower than to conserve water.

While I don't go weeks without a shower I do this kind of thinking too. It sounds more like anxiety or obsessive compulsion to me, but I don't know schizophrenia (had to copy your spelling on that one!) very well.

Have you tried a smaller dose of the zombie-0making medication?
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:23 am
my brother has schizophrenia.
I do not have much to add other than the fact that, I get it.

welcome
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 10:15 am
@littlek,
no Smile I try my best to follow the doctors recomendation. I am willing to donate my life for the research of this disease. So maybe in some small significant way I can help others with this disease Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 10:16 am
@shewolfnm,
thank you Smile
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 10:17 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I've thought of that, but decided to just keep a journal instead.

be sure to have some fun along the way...