firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:54 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Hawkeye, all you are doing is showing how foolish you are being...

You may have some valid points, but they are lost in apparently obsessive misinterprations of peoples posts, and petty attacks against people who have given you no reason to do so.

That's a good observation, vikorr, but you don't really expect Hawkeye to be able to understand what you are saying, without obsessively misinterpreting it, do you?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:58 am
@firefly,
Quote:
That's a good observation, vikorr, but you don't really expect Hawkeye to be able to understand what you are saying, without obsessively misinterpreting it, do you?
And yet you never figured out that vikorr was wrong, because I never attacked Dosed. I never attacked or misinterpreted Vikorr either, I was merely being a tat bit argumentative..
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:04 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And yet you never figured out that vikorr was wrong, because I never attacked Dosed. I never attacked or misinterpreted Vikorr either, I was merely being a tat bit argumentative..

I didn't think you'd be able to understand what vikorr was saying. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Why is it so hard to separate out bringing charges and feeling upset by the event?

How about this... there is a car accident. Nobody died and there were no serious injuries but it was a serious accident. Both drivers were a little at fault -- someone went late through a yellow-turning-red light, say, while someone else took off early from a red light before it had turned green. Whatever the particulars -- it was not clear-cut that one person was at fault.

One of the people involved in the accident comes away from the whole thing thinking both that she won't sue the other driver, and that the whole experience was upsetting. She's nervous about driving for a while. She's shaken up by the whole thing.

In that case, I don't think the ONLY response is "Yeah well it was your fault too! Stop thinking about it! Don't blame the other guy! Move on!"

I think it can be BOTH "I see why you won't be suing the other guy" and "but I see why it was such an upsetting experience. Sorry that happened."
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:55 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
In that case, I don't think the ONLY response is "Yeah well it was your fault too! Stop thinking about it! Don't blame the other guy! Move on!"

It takes two to tango....if you end up hating the dance then don't do it again.......but don't blame your partner for the dance suckage. If you do I am going to call you on it, as you are being unreasonable....and mean.
sozobe

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Yeah but she's not.

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:00 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
Yeah but she's not

Sozobe as I had said before I got the strong impression from her postings that she was trying to have it both ways at the same time and she was looking for support in doing so by starting this thread.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:00 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
I think it can be BOTH "I see why you won't be suing the other guy" and "but I see why it was such an upsetting experience. Sorry that happened."
EXCUSE ME? I was not there, I have nothing to be sorry about. THe only two people who do have something to be sorry about are the two drunk fools who took part it what appears to be this spectacle of a drunken mutual grope.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:10 am
@Dosed,
If you have to ask, the answer is no.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 03:37 am
@Dosed,
....How do you have sex with some guy while your friend is driving you guys home?. That's my question.
0 Replies

lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:57 pm
@Dosed,
I hope I dont offend anyone with this post but why is this even a question.

You went out drinking (choice). you got so drunk you where blacking out (choice). you where all over him (choice). you asked if he had a condom (choice) even if your actions where clouded due to alcohol the original choice of getting drunk was one you made of free will. Given the current information (no use of date rape drugs, or that it is not definate that you said no) it sounds as if this was consensual sex between two adults. rape charges alone ruin peoples lives, chalk this up as a learning experience and dont make the choice to let alcohol take you back to that place. get yourself tested take a pill but this is not rape.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 01:29 pm
@lockeWiggins,
lockeWiggins wrote:
rape charges alone ruin peoples lives

So does rape.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:02 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
So does rape.
if you look at the data, rarely, even when we are talking about real rape. When we are talking about drunken sex where consent is confused it is even more rare.

The hyperventilating of the rape feminists is thinly supported by the facts, which is why they rarely bother to try to defend their assertions with facts.
lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:29 pm
@joefromchicago,
yes rape does ruin lives.
but as I said in my post given the facts of this young ladies situation there was no rape. which at the same time I dont think your contesting. So if your only point to make was that rape ruins lives then yes i agree with you
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:32 pm
@lockeWiggins,
lockeWiggins wrote:

but as I said in my post given the facts of this young ladies situation there was no rape. which at the same time I dont think your contesting.

You are incorrect.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
if you look at the data, rarely, even when we are talking about real rape. When we are talking about drunken sex where consent is confused it is even more rare.

Show me the data.
Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:38 pm
@vikorr,
My thought exactly - did you think he could have slipped you something?

Your friend that was driving - could you get more from her/him? I wonder if this person knows more than they are letting on - whose is this person closer to -you or the guy you were with.

Unfortunately I am not sure if the amount of time gone by would help you with positively identifying this - but you could call a rape hotline and get better information than we could provide you.
Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:42 pm
@Dosed,
I realized after the fact how old this was - did you get any help?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:44 pm
Jesus, when are you guys going to catch on that the OP is long gone here? This is a three-month old thread brought back to life by some noob and now it's going to turn into the next incarnation of the Hawkeye 'I love Rape!' thread.

Just let it die

Cycloptichorn
lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:47 pm
@Linkat,
I think your letting your imagination run wild.
Lets not play the what if game and just go off the facts. This girl went and got drunk. Higher chances on the side of this wasnt her first time. So she knows what its like to be drunk and if she had been drugged it would have been a noticeable difference. Get the help you need but to suggest that this was a rape is reprehensible
0 Replies