Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:28 am
@sozobe,
I totally understand.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:31 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
Anyway, main point is just that I want Dosed to know that some of what is being said about her and her situation has more to do with entrenched positions than anything she's actually said here.

WRONG

She is the one who desire to use the term rape because of after the fact she is unhappy with the sexual encounter and by the way label some young man a rapist at the same time.

All this to shift all the responsibility for the sex onto the young man to made her feel better.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:44 am
@BillRM,
You don't read very well, do you Bill.

And, what you do read, you clearly don't comprehend!
BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 11:03 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
You don't read very well, do you Bill.

And, what you do read, you clearly don't comprehend!

I read just find dear heart and I read all of her statements including the title of this thread "Did I get raped?".
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 11:28 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Dosed wrote:
You guys are very quick to assume that it was my drinking, and not a drug that was slipped into my drink, that caused me to be in a very hazy mindset and to blackout.

Ockham's Razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

There are several troubling points in all this hysteria: why wait a week before getting a medical exam, including blood / urine samples? The original poster is certainly educated enough to know drugs would show up in tests for at least a day. And who prescribed the morning-after pill if no doctor was consulted until the gynecology appointment, a whole week after the original incident? Something is wrong with this entire tale, and the psychobabbling crowd here - the "feelings of rape" and "counseling is good" are encouraging deception. Probably only self-deception by Dosed - but others are affected by it as well.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:08 pm
@High Seas,
When someone comes on this site and writes "here's what happened, now what should I do?" I don't think it's our role to say "no, that's not what happened at all." None of us will ever know as much about this situation as dosed does, so it's rather presumptuous to suggest that she doesn't know what happened as well as we do. On the other hand, if you want to address a hypothetical situation that didn't involve dosed, you're free to start your own thread.
firefly

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:11 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
And who prescribed the morning-after pill if no doctor was consulted until the gynecology appointment, a whole week after the original incident?

My gynecologist prescribes such pills over the phone for patients he has seen and treated before.
High Seas

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:28 pm
@firefly,
Your gynecologist also delays appointments with patients who wonder if they've been raped for a whole week? A bit unusual, to say the least.
High Seas

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:29 pm
@joefromchicago,
Stands to reason nobody who wasn't there can know more than the parties in situ - so I've no idea how you come up with that suggestion.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:49 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
Your gynecologist also delays appointments to patients who wonder if they've been raped for a whole week? A bit unusual, to say the least.

It depends on the circumstances of the alleged rape. What Dosed described was a sexual contact with someone known to her, and her belief that it was rape hinged mainly on the fact that she had not verbalized consent for intercourse and it was unwanted by her. And, she apparently had no intention of pressing legal charges, so rushing to establish "evidence" was probably not important to her.

So, her choices might have been to go to an ER for an examination and lab work, or to wait until her gynecologist could see her. The situation wasn't extremely urgent, particularly since she had gotten a morning after pill, so she might have chosen to wait for an appointment. Her immediate concerns do not seem to have been medical issues, other than the possibility of pregnancy, and she addressed that.

People deal with situations differently. It doesn't seem at all unusual to me.
High Seas

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:53 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Anyway, main point is just that I want Dosed to know that some of what is being said about her and her situation has more to do with entrenched positions than anything she's actually said here.

WRONG

She is the one who desire to use the term rape because of after the fact she is unhappy with the sexual encounter and by the way label some young man a rapist at the same time.

All this to shift all the responsibility for the sex onto the young man to made her feel better.

I agree with you - and find it extremely ill-advised to throw around terms like "rape" (a criminal act, as Dosed doesn't seem to realize) not least because indiscriminate use of such a term lessens its impact in cases where truly horrific crimes have been committed. This from an ongoing trial:
Quote:
Smart, now a 21-year-old college student, said Mitchell took her to a mountain camp....."After that, he proceeded to rape me," she said, poised and composed throughout her nearly two-hour testimony. She said he raped her three or four times a day and threatened to kill her if she ever yelled out or tried to escape.

High Seas

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:59 pm
@firefly,
That explanation would make sense were it not for the "date rape drug" possibility Dosed keeps bringing up. I haven't bothered to look up the pharmacology but most such drugs have a half-life of hours to a day; if you really need to know if you've been drugged you get tested sooner than a week.
firefly

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 01:11 pm
@High Seas,
You may agree with BillRM, but Dosed did not say that after the fact she was "unhappy with the sexual encounter". She was upset as soon as she thought she had been penetrated--while the act was occurring--because it was unwanted. Why don't you bother reading what people have actually written?

Quote:

I agree with you - and find it extremely ill-advised to throw around terms like "rape" (a criminal act, as Dosed doesn't seem to realize) not least because indiscriminate use of such a term lessens its impact in cases where truly horrific crimes have been committed

Dosed isn't "throwing around" terms like "rape". You're just ignorant of the rape laws in Indiana (where this apparently occurred).

Quote:
Most states are consistent with a definition of rape. In Indiana, rape occurs when a person knowingly or intentionally has sexual intercourse, defined as an act that includes any penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ, when the other person is compelled by force or imminent threat of force, is unaware that the sexual intercourse is occurring, or is so mentally disabled or deficient that consent to intercourse cannot be given. (Being unaware due to intoxication and being mentally disabled or deficient includes intoxication by alcohol or any other drug)
http://oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-alcohol/hookups/sexual-assault/

Because she was extremely intoxicated, what Dosed described could be considered rape under Indiana law, and it would be considered a crime. It was not inappropriate for her to use the term "rape",
High Seas

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 01:14 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
.....Dosed isn't "throwing around" terms like "rape". ....Because she was extremely intoxicated, what Dosed described could be considered rape under Indiana law ....

Well, gee, I could have sworn Dosed titled this thread "Did I get raped?", but then I'm not in Indiana, so what do I know Laughing
firefly

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 01:19 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:

Well, gee, I could have sworn the title here reads "Did I get raped?", but then I'm not in Indiana, so what do I know

What does that have to do with the fact that you wrongly accused her of "throwing" the term "rape" around? The situation she described could be considered rape under Indiana law.

She could have asked the title question simply for purposes of discussion.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 01:25 pm
God, why did I ever respond to this thread?

I knew it was going to turn into a ****-fit, full of the same people who can't stop arguing the same subject in a different thread. Now I have to look at the thread title ALL THE TIME.

Christ, give it a rest you guys.

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 04:05 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

Because she was extremely intoxicated, what Dosed described could be considered rape under Indiana law, and it would be considered a crime.
Which is why if she does not want to get roped into the criminal system and get the guy in trouble she should keep her mouth shut.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 04:29 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:

That explanation would make sense were it not for the "date rape drug" possibility Dosed keeps bringing up
which is looking like attempted excuse making, as before she did not seem to think that there was any mix-match between how much she drunk and how intoxicated she was. And date rape drugs are more urban legend than fact. I think Dosed has been talked into thinking that she was drugged, that this possibility is extremely unlikely.

Where any recreational drugs used that night?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 05:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I know, right??? Some just can't help but flip a thread until it's all about them.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 05:40 pm
These are direct quotes from five posts written by Dosed:

Quote:
I don't want to accuse him of rape, because I know that I was all over him.

Quote:
First of all I'd like to say that my intent in asking this question is not for the purpose of reporting the incident. I do not wish to get him in any kind of trouble at all and I don't want to cause him any social issues because of this.

Quote:
By asking if I was raped, I think it's important to understand that I didn't want to do anything and I was unable to say I didn't want to do anything and I was really really scared. It has nothing to do with blaming him.

Quote:
Considering this new information, I realize now that if this is all true, I really can't call this rape. And I may even have to call it consensual, albeit under the strong influence of alcohol.

Quote:
I'm removing the context of rape from the situation due to the fact that I didn't say no. Also, because it's unlikely sex occurred due to what my doctor said.