hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:55 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
definition of coerce: to compel to an act or choice <was coerced into agreeing> so i am not allowed to ask my wife for sex cuz that would be coercion... so the only way to get consent is to yell at the wall " i want sex with my wife" (cuz saying it to her would be coercian). Then she would have to yell at the wall I want to have sex with my husband. Since asking for another person to partake in any action falls under the definition of coercian, do you see how rediculus this campaign is.
That is exactly what the feminists argue, what they are trying to make law and make the police act on with manditory arrest laws and manditory prosecution polices....to have the opinion that sex is a required part of marriage is now abuse, if she has sex with you and claims that it is because you think sex is required in marriage you have raped her.

To my mind this is a violation of my rights to my opinions, and to voice my opinions....My speech rights are being violated because the feminists dont think that women should have to listen to such opinions, and think that men who do it anyways should be put away for rape for a very long time if the women are willing to play victims ("I only did it because he thinks...").

This is the nutty place we have gotten to by following these radical man hating bitches.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:34 pm
@Dosed,
Quote:
you guys are ******* idiots.

How right you are, Dosed.

And, besides that, all three of them are ignorant of the actual rape laws and the exact wording of those laws. It's those laws that define the act of rape, and legal responsibility for making sure that consent is present rests only with the male partner, no matter how drunk he is. Without consent, the act of penetration becomes criminal, which should be enough of an incentive for any man to be damn well sure he has consent before penetrating a woman's body.

Those three are making up their own rape laws, and their own definitions, which bear little or no resemblance to the actual state laws in effect. And they repeat the same inaccurate. crap in thread after thread. You've just provided them with another outlet to say more of the same. Don't take anything they've said personally--they've said it all before, it's their usual song and dance. The three of them all seem to get their spiel off the same "men's rights" Web sites.

The issue of blaming the victim, particularly when it comes to sexual assault/rape, contributes to men not taking responsibility for their own sexual conduct. Victim blame attempts to shift that responsibility, and it becomes an apology for those men who disregard sexual assault/rape laws and it thereby encourages the violation of those laws. It was one reason I started this other thread--just read my opening post.
http://able2know.org/topic/158723-1

http://notever.co.uk/images/6/full/jpeg
No matter how much she's drunk...
No matter what she's wearing...
No matter if you've already kissed...
Sex without consent is rape.
If there's any question whether a woman has drunk too much to give consent, assume she hasn't given it.

So, just ignore them, Dosed. They really don't understand your feelings about what occurred, and they aren't open minded enough to make an effort to do so. This thread is just another platform for them to display their ignorance of the actual sexual assault/rape laws and enjoy some victim bashing at your expense.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:37 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The issue of blaming the victim, particularly when it comes to sexual assault/rape, contributes to men not taking responsibility for their own sexual conduct
If you should ever be willing to talk about women's responsibilities when it comes to sexual encounters your objections might be worth considering, but right now you are the pot calling the kettle black..
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:44 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
So, just ignore them, Dosed. They really don't understand your feelings about what occurred, and they aren't open minded enough to make an effort to do so. This thread is just another platform for them to display their ignorance of the actual sexual assault/rape laws and enjoy some victim bashing at your expense.
One, I dont require yours or anyones else's permission to speak......Two, ignoring well thought out and reasonable objections to your position is not going to change anything except to lower peoples opinion of you and your position......so good luck with that.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Only one party is legally accountable for making sure that the sexual act is consensual--that is the male. Without consent, he is committing rape. That is the law in all 50 states.

BTW, you might be interested in a trial currently underway in NYC. Two NYPD officers are charged with raping an extremely intoxicated women that they were called to assist.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/04/15/2011-04-15_accuser_back_on_stand_in_nypd_rape_cops_trial_admits_drinking_says_i_remember_th.html

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 04:28 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Only one party is legally accountable for making sure that the sexual act is consensual--that is the male. Without consent, he is committing rape. That is the law in all 50 states.
Which is a very recent change in the law, and a bad idea. We here are not bound by the laws that we find ourselves with, as we have the power to change our laws, and the power to refuse to conform to the laws, so your ITS THE LAW! argument goes no where with me. It does however go far to indicate what the agenda is of the feminists who came up with this idea, for blaming the man only, and painting the woman always as the victim when encounters go bad, can not be justified with any kind of logic and it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the authors are not interested in fairness. Defending this non rational, non fair regulation with ITS THE LAW! Proves beyond doubt what a thug you are.

If I am remembering correctly Biden used the same argument while pretty much in tears...that delivery did not make it any more persuasive.
firefly

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 07:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
We here are not bound by the laws that we find ourselves with, as we have...the power to refuse to conform to the laws,

Refusing to comply with criminal laws does not make you a champion of anything, it simply makes you a criminal and a sociopath. You are, in fact, bound by the criminal laws of this country until such time as those laws might be changed.

The sexual assault/rape laws were passed by the overwhelmingly male state legislatures in all 50 states. Your insistence that this is a "feminist" conspiracy is so paranoid that it borders on the delusional. These are the laws the overwhelming majority of people, both male and female, want to have. These are well publicized laws and most people have no problem with them.
Quote:
for blaming the man only, and painting the woman always as the victim

It's not a question of blame. The person who sexually penetrates the body of another is legally expected to have the other person's consent to do so. Without such consent, the act is criminal. Since it is the male who does the penetrating, it is the male who is held responsible for making sure he has legal consent to do so. Without that consent, he is choosing to commit a criminal act.

Do you allow people to enter your home without your consent? Don't you expect them to be invited in, rather than just barge in, or break in? I suspect you do require people to have your consent before they can enter your home, and that's what the law says too. People who enter your home without your consent are breaking criminal laws.

Well, you have to have someone's consent before you can enter their body too. Without that consent, the act is criminal, it is rape.

The privacy of people's bodies deserves as much legal protection as the privacy of their homes. Neither homes nor bodies can be invaded without consent. Without consent, the act becomes criminal.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 07:32 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Refusing to comply with criminal laws does not make you a champion of anything, it simply makes you a criminal and a sociopath.
So was MLK, so I am in pretty good company....this is not a deal killer.
Quote:
The sexual assault/rape laws were passed by the overwhelmingly male state legislatures in all 50 states
with pretty much no debate in the nation, and based upon feminist lies, again....not a deal killer.

Quote:
It's not a question of blame. The person who sexually penetrates the body of another is legally expected to have the other person's consent to do so. Without such consent, the act is criminal
there you go again with your circular logic, which goes no where

Quote:
Do you allow people to enter your home without your consent?
Does the law require that I use the words "may I come in to your house now"and that I get a "yes" response or else I suffer a 10+ year prison term and a lifetime of punishment on a crime registry?? Never mind, we know the answer....

Quote:
Without consent, the act becomes criminal.
That IS the problem, and it IS time to fix it.

BTW- you are supposed to be ignoring me so that I dont have a "platform" for my filth....you made it what, 1 day this time???

FAIL!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
It is stunning isn't it how quickly the feminist argument, once inspected, turns into poorly constructed rationalizations based upon undocumented assertions....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:05 pm
@justASC,
I'm very mixed on all this.

I'm an odd one to talk, as I have been raped once, real and long term devastating, and not raped another time, years later, as I broke out laughing. Very different circumstances. Obviously that one was not rape. Neither time was I drunk. The first was on an early afternoon, and I did want to see the guy's paintings (duh, now, but I wasn't afraid of him - and that was the real one). The second, another person entirely, I went to his house, I meant to say goodbye, we'd had sex before. I had less than a glass of wine. I said no, he dragged me by the hair and.. bad news, I laughed. It made a kind of sense, and I won't call it rape, though there is that edge.

On the other hand, how many of us have had stoned or otherwise influenced sex? Including influenced by desire. Heard of that? Desire?
Do you always ask "may I have sex with you?" How many of you do this?

I'm ignorant in that those are the only two times in my quite long life I remember not originally consenting.
What is this petuniaville that feminism has become when I wasn't paying attention. I consider myself a feminist. I guess my border is if the person you are with doesn't show desire, stop. If the person is flubbertyjub, stop.
How that works legally, I've no idea, but no is a good start.

I still take our poster's moves on the stairs as a clue to the guy that she wanted him. How could you not? Perhaps it depends on the showing of inebriation, he should have figured she was past a certain point. What point?

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:15 pm
@ossobuco,
It is nice to hear you say that there might be something to the objections that guys like me voice, that we are not fully at least psychopathic criminals....
firefly

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
That you even compare your views on violating criminal rape/sexual assault laws to the civil disobedience actions of Martin Luther King Jr. is so absurd it is laughable. Do you, in your wildest imagination, believe that MLK would have advocated violating rape laws? Are you completely out of your mind? You don't seem to consider the fact that you injure another person when you violate sexual assault/rape laws, Hawkeye, that's why the acts are considered criminal assaults.

Well, then just don't complain if you do get a 10+ year sentence for not bothering to get consent when you have sexual intercourse. And don't complain about the other men who wind up in jail for doing the same. Your "mentor", Dr. King said you have to be willing to accept the penalty when you break a law you feel is unjust.
Quote:
"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."
Martin Luther King, Jr.--Letter from the Birmingham Jail
http://www.rense.com/general32/duty.htm

My goodness, Hawkeye, now you are even typing in caps like JGoldman10. The two of you really are birds of a feather.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't always think you're psychopathic. I admit to years of not entirely getting all of your arguments, occasionally sort of but largely wtf, out to lunch.

I just report about me. I'm not here as a convincer.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:39 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Do you, in your wildest imagination, believe that MLK would have advocated violating rape laws?
I absolutely believe that MLK would view modern sex laws as a civil rights violation against men. However, my point was that I, like him, am arguing for civil rights fairness....for equal treatment no matter our genetics or place of origin.

Quote:
Your "mentor", Dr. King said you have to be willing to accept the penalty when you break a law you feel is unjust.
I never claimed anything different, so what is your point?

It is interesting that you spent many months in the rape thread vigorously repeatedly claiming that nothing has changed re the laws on rape, but to see you here now arguing that lawmakers made avoidance of rape situations fully the responsibility of men, that women now have no responsibilities at all. It is good to see that you , when hit over and over again with proof the you are lying, can change your tactics. We may never be able to get you to treat those who disagree with you with basic human respect, but we can get you to move slightly, occasionally....This is better than nothing, I guess.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 08:53 pm
@firefly,
I think we need to go back to her original honest post, re her sexual efforts on the stairs.

(I haven't recently looked it up.)

You would have wanted him to say, Halt! Do you consent?

I'm liking Dosed for her honesty, and this is an interesting subject for many.
Thank you, Dosed for continuing posting.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 09:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:

I still take our poster's moves on the stairs as a clue to the guy that she wanted him.

She wanted to do with him what she was doing at the time on the stairs. What she wanted to do with him later in the car did not include actual intercourse.

It's one thing if you're stoned or drunk, and driven by desire, and doing what you want to be doing at the time. But, at some point, Dosed felt she did not want to have intercourse with him. Her desire didn't include having him penetrate her.
Dosed said:
Quote:
I remember asking him if I could kiss him, and then we made out in the bar. The next thing I remember is straddling him on a staircase outside of the bar as we waited for our ride. The next thing I remember is being in the backseat of a car and him being on top of me. I remember thinking that we were having sex and freaking out in my mind because I didn't want that to happen

Dosed really didn't know this man. She had met him once before. She was also very drunk, which is why her memory is spotty for what occurred. Apparently all she wanted to do was make out with him. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't think that just because a woman's willing to make out with a man (with her friend sitting in the front seat of the car) that should automatically be interpreted by the man as an invitation to have intercourse, particularly when the woman's very drunk.
Dosed said:
Quote:
I remember we were making out and I was fine with that, I became uneasy when I realized that something--either his fingers or his penis--was inside me. And that's when I remember being scared because I didn't know what was happening. It didn't occur to me to say no, all I could do was ask if he had a condom on

I don't think the legalities are the most important issue here, but they are worth discussing. Legally, what happened can be considered rape--it was unwanted sexual penetration--and it was done with her acquiescence, mainly because she was so drunk, but acquiescence is not the same as legally defined consent. In fact, Dosed was likely too drunk to be able to legally consent, and there is a legal burden of responsibility on the man to be aware of that fact. That's how a man can get himself into legal difficulty, particularly with a woman he doesn't know well. Any man in that situation who doesn't have the sense to refrain from intercourse, should at least wait until the woman sends a definite message she wants him to continue, and even then, he should think twice about it.

The problem in Dosed's situation isn't the rape laws, the rape laws have little or nothing to do with what went on. The problem is two very intoxicated people, who barely know each other, putting themselves in situations when they can't think straight, or control the situation if they need to. And, just because you wind up in the back seat of a car, with a very drunk female, and she's been making out with you, doesn't mean she wants to have intercourse--at the very least, you should ask her about that before you just penetrate her, not just because of rape laws, but out of simple basic consideration for her feelings.
Quote:
You would have wanted him to say, Halt! Do you consent?

I would have wanted him to ask, in some way, if it was alright if he entered her. When I've been with men I didn't know well, and they were at all unsure about what I wanted, or didn't want, they asked me. There was nothing awkward about it. People do communicate about these things--they should communicate about these things.

Having intercourse isn't exactly like shaking hands. Unwanted intercourse is unpleasant, it's emotionally distressing, and that's exactly how Dosed described her feelings afterward. Had the man known she didn't want to have intercourse, he might well have just accepted that--but he never asked her. What happened to simply being considerate of someone's feelings? It doesn't sound as if Dosed and this man were exactly being swept along by passion in the back seat of the car. Given the particular situation they were in, he should have asked her before entering her. Better yet, he should have realized she was too drunk, and he should have simply continued making out with her.

I think what happened to Dosed is more a cautionary tale about consuming too much alcohol than anything to do with the rape laws. And that goes for the man too. It was reckless behavior on both their parts to get so drunk. Forget about rape charges, what about sexually transmitted diseases, or an unwanted pregnancy? The issue of whether the man actually put a condom on was rather moot. He said he did, but he might not have, and Dosed was too drunk to know. The lesson to be learned from this is more about excessive drinking than anything else.

I also appreciate Dosed's honesty in this thread. I hope she continues to add to the discussion.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:17 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:

I still take our poster's moves on the stairs as a clue to the guy that she wanted him.

She wanted to do with him what she was doing at the time on the stairs. What she wanted to do with him later in the car did not include actual intercourse.

It's one thing if you're stoned or drunk, and driven by desire, and doing what you want to be doing at the time. But, at some point, Dosed felt she did not want to have intercourse with him. Her desire didn't include having him penetrate her.
Dosed said:
Quote:
I remember asking him if I could kiss him, and then we made out in the bar. The next thing I remember is straddling him on a staircase outside of the bar as we waited for our ride. The next thing I remember is being in the backseat of a car and him being on top of me. I remember thinking that we were having sex and freaking out in my mind because I didn't want that to happen

Well, did she mention that? After straddling him?
I think this is all unfortunate but do not take it as rape.
Perhaps at a pinnacle of her experience she caught on to a finger or other and mentally squacked.

And I'm starting to get the ifshits re advancing rape in these kind of instances.
I have to be particular on that, as I do take no means no - but I don't think that was the situation in this case, or at least it isn't clear.

quoting -
The problem in Dosed's situation isn't the rape laws, the rape laws have little or nothing to do with what went on. The problem is two very intoxicated people, who barely know each other, putting themselves in situations when they can't think straight, or control the situation if they need to. And, just because you wind up in the back seat of a car, with a very drunk female, and she's been making out with you, doesn't mean she wants to have intercourse--at the very least, you should ask her about that before you just penetrate her, not just because of rape laws, but out of simple basic consideration for her feelings.

You should ask her if she while she was acting she was very involved?

Having intercourse isn't exactly like shaking hands. Unwanted intercourse is unpleasant, it's emotionally distressing, and that's exactly how Dosed described her feelings afterward. Had the man known she didn't want to have intercourse, he might well have just accepted that--but he never asked her. What happened to simply being considerate of someone's feelings? It doesn't sound as if Dosed and this man were exactly being swept along by passion in the back seat of the car. Given the particular situation they were in, he should have asked her before entering her. Better yet, he should have realized she was too drunk, and he should have simply continued making out with her.

I think what happened to Dosed is more a cautionary tale about consuming too much alcohol than anything to do with the rape laws. And that goes for the man too. It was reckless behavior on both their parts to get so drunk. Forget about rape charges, what about sexually transmitted diseases, or an unwanted pregnancy? The issue of whether the man actually put a condom on was rather moot. He said he did, but he might not have, and Dosed was too drunk to know. The lesson to be learned from this is more about excessive drinking than anything else.

I'm tired and probably have messed up clicking and so on. I don't blame the fellow in this instance.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:31 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't blame Dosed either.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:51 pm
@ossobuco,
It seems to me that you think intercourse is a shaking of hands.

I'm hardly pro rape, like clarity on it, but don't want to see a recited bit as de rigueur, however you spell that.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:51 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The lesson to be learned from this is more about excessive drinking than anything else.

Being drunk is not a crime, but rape is, a serious crime, and it will always be the man who pays for it. Your asserted take away is not congruous with the new laws....as you know very damn well.
Quote:
Better yet, he should have realized she was too drunk, and he should have simply continued making out with her.
Following the logic of rape law that would be sexual assault still, just a lessor class......but I have noticed that you often advertise something as being no problem when you must know (because you clearly are intimately aware of the feminist agenda) that while it is no problem at the moment the feminists fully intend to make it a problem if they can get their way and fully impose their programs. Anything to make the medicine go down right Firefly?