The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Of course.

This was an "investment" that no venture capital group would ever have made, and one of the primary investor/owener of Solyndra was a big Obama contributor. he has been to the White House on at least four different occassions.

Watch this story, it has legs.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:55 pm
@JPB,
I'm glad you see this as a good sign.

Me, I would prefer to see the president outraged by the Fast & Furious scandal, the $500 million in taxpayer funds wasted on Solyndra or the fact that his Administration hasn't got a clue as to how to bring jobs to the unemployed Americans he is suppose to be serving.

No...he's outraged because Republicans didn't respect his ham fisted political ploy.

Looking good for you guys!
JTT

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There's only a great rush to have presidents address joint sessions if they want to tell elected reps and the American people their plans for the next wave of genocidal actions against some poor innocent third world country.

That's what gets America moving!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:26 pm
@JTT,
True! Look what happened to GW Bush's rating when he started the war in Iraq.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I have a deviated septum, it's not my fault I can't breath through my nose, and here you are making fun of my disability. Sometimes I don't hink you really are a Liberal Cyclo.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/white-house-officials-upset-that-republicans-playing-politics-interfered-with-their-attempt-to-play-politics/

Outside the Beltway is as much 'Republican talking points' as any Dem site I get my info from.

What more, though, I really don't give a fig for unsourced gossip published first in Politico. Even more than that, though the article is titled 'WH Furious with Boehner...' there's nothing in there - not even an unsourced quote - that says that Obama personally was upset about it. So, yeah. Fail on your part.

Quote:
Don't strain yourself working for a failed re-election bid by The Expected One.

Hardly a strain, given the quality of your candidates, wouldn't you say? I mean, let's be honest. None of you are jumping for joy here. You're a Republican from TX. I come from a whole family of them and am well familiar with not only Perry himself - but with how Republicans from TX feel about the man. Can you honestly say that you don't get a sinking feeling in your stomach, when you consider that he is the most likely person to win your party's nomination?

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Can you honestly say that you don't get a sinking feeling in your stomach, when you consider that he is the most likely person to win your party's nomination?

Could anyone, even Finn, be that dumb? He had to do it for 8 years + with GWB. Is it even remotely possible he wants to do it again, even for four years, with Perry?

Again, it must be asked, "Could anyone, even Finn, be that dumb?"
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:40 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Again, it must be asked, "Could anyone, even Finn, be that dumb?"

That does have a ring to it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Finn's a victim?
roger

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 08:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Whether or not it is early, by historical standards, to begin a campaign for re-election, Obama's is in full swing which means everything he does (and especially this speech) has campaign considerations, and so you can be certain that Axlerod and his droogs pondered long and hard about when to present it.

Of course it's in full swing. The difference is that addressing a joint session of Congress is like bus tours and town meetings. They are official government functions, so don't require any spending. Well, make that no spending by campaign funds. We know who is paying for the Presidents campaigning under the guise of ordinary business.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 11:09 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Of course it's in full swing

REALLY??

Quote:
Posted: June 21st, 2011 5:30 AM | Author: Henry D'Andrea

The White House says President Obama isn’t focused on his reelection campaign, but last night he held his 29th and 30th fundraisers for the year. At this same point in Former President Bush’s 2004 Re-Election campaign, he had only held three fundraisers.

Politico reported:

Mark Knoller of CBS News, tabulator of White House statistics, said Obama so far this year has raised money in six states plus Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico.

At the same point in former President George W. Bush’s reelection cycle, he had done only three fundraisers, Knoller said.

http://politicons.net/obama-has-hosted-30-fundraisers-so-far-george-bush-had-3-at-same-point-in-his-presidency/

I have seen quite a few commentaries that it is unseemly that Obama is spending so much time on the election this early, even making full fledged campaign speeches when he is not expected to have any challenge in the primary.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 02:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Finn's a victim?

It looks that way. Cyc shouldn't be having a pop because Finn breathes out of his mouth, but because he talks out of his arse.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 10:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
At this same point in Former President Bush’s 2004 Re-Election campaign, he had only held three fundraisers.

He didn't need the money. They had the billions stolen from Iraq and there was that couple trillion, was it, that was missing from the Pentagon.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 02:06 pm
@JTT,
Your beginning to sound like the conservatives on this site. It was only about 30 or 40 billion that disappeared. 2 trillion was the cost of the war. OK I concede that it was for his benefit when all the war industries contributed to his reelection.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 02:19 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Your beginning to sound like the conservatives on this site.

They've convinced me of the errors of my ways, Rabel. You too can find salvation and everlasting peace if only you'll mend your evil ways.

What about the couple trillion ?? missing from the Pentagon that Rumsfeld spoke about right before that jet miraculously made an impossible turn away from obvious high value military targets at the Pentagon to strike the area where a lot of civilian bean counters were looking into the missing trillions?

That jet that supposedly hit the Pentagon, the one that the NTSB said,

Quote:
On the morning of September 11, 2001, American Airlines Flight 77 departed Dulles International Airport bound for Los Angeles at 8:20 am Eastern Time. According to reports and data, a hijacking took place between 08:50:54 and 08:54:11[1] in which the hijackers allegedly crashed the aircraft into the Pentagon at 09:37:45.

Reported by CNN, according to Ted Olson, wife Barbara Olson had called him from the reported flight stating, "...all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers..."[2]. However, according to Flight Data provided by the NTSB, the Flight Deck Door was never opened in flight. How were the hijackers able to gain access to the cockpit, remove the pilots, and navigate the aircraft to the Pentagon if the Flight Deck Door remained closed?

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=18405

That's the same Ted Olsen who changed his story more often than he changed his underwear.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 03:09 pm
It was a bit of a dreary day in Iowa on Saturday. But the clouds cleared a bit and out came Sarah Palin continuing her "will I or won't I run" thing.
She attacked Obama, of course, but also slapped at her party rivals, referring to "the permanent political class," "crony capitalism" and "the good ole boys."
She proposes eliminating the Federal corporate income tax with any loss of revenue made up by "no corporate welfare, loopholes and bailouts."
rosborne979

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 04:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
It was a bit of a dreary day in Iowa on Saturday. But the clouds cleared a bit and out came Sarah Palin continuing her "will I or won't I run" thing.
She attacked Obama, of course, but also slapped at her party rivals, referring to "the permanent political class," "crony capitalism" and "the good ole boys."
She proposes eliminating the Federal corporate income tax with any loss of revenue made up by "no corporate welfare, loopholes and bailouts."

A nice collection of buzzwords. I predict she'll go far in American Politics by reciting them often (and avoiding saying anything of substance).
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 04:11 pm
@rosborne979,
Palin is the master of one-liners, and it sells because Americans are not too bright.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 04:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
Obviously, nobody needs loopholes and corporate welfare if there is no tax to avoid. I'd ask about that, but she's not big on explanations.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 05:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Can you honestly say that you don't get a sinking feeling in your stomach, when you consider that he is the most likely person to win your party's nomination?

Yes.

I don't know what your family thinks about Perry but if all the Republicans in Texas secretly loathed Perry, it's unlikely he would have been Governor for so long.

My first choice was always Mitch Daniels, but unfortunately he's not running. As you know, I still think there is a chance that Christie will get in the race. I think it will depend upon how the upcoming debate goes. If he does, I will support him, just as I will support Perry if he wins the nomination.

What really wracks my guts, is the thought of a second Obama term. I would rather see Donald Trump in the White House.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 05:37 pm
@roger,
To be fair, all incumbent presidents take advantage of the office when running for re-election. Perhaps not as blantantly as the current incumbent, but they all do.

I do find it amusing that Progressives constantly bemoan the amount of money spent on campaigns, unless it is by one of their own.

Obama outspent McCain in 2008 and he will most certainly outspend the GOP nominee in 2012, in fact we can count on him to break the record he set in 2008.

With Obama we have the ultimate hypocrite.

He insults the Supreme Court because he believes they opened the door for greater corporate contributions, but would never think twice about limiting the contributions of Unions.

He scolds Republicans for partisan antics while he attempts to upstage their upcoming candidate debate with the scheduling of his latest Big Speech.

0 Replies