The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

Below viewing threshold (view)
georgeob1

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 12:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
Please stop the spam. It persuades no one and it has become both boring and a nusance to many of us here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 04:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, We ain't seen not'n yet! I predict the market will go down another 1,200 points on the DOW before finding a very non-secure base.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 05:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Welcome home, CI. I am looking forward to pics on your most recent holiday.
Please consider posting your prediction on the "Where Is The Economy..." thread.
Thank you.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
Apparently "your thing" is to annoy everyone and make conservatives look like assholes. Happily most observers here recognize you as a troll.
JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:47 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Apparently "your thing" is to annoy everyone and make conservatives look like assholes.

Someone doesn't like anyone encroaching on his exclusive territory? Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You are not a real conservative.
That's OK, embrace the poser that you are and move on before you stink up the place.

That is funny.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 10:31 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You are not a real conservative.

That's OK, embrace the poser that you are and move on before you stink up the place.

Define "real" conservative.
I may not be a "real" conservative either, according to you.
parados

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 11:38 am
@mysteryman,
Maybe you are a racino MM.. Wink

Spelled RCINO
Real Conservative in name only.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 02:27 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I may not be a "real" conservative either, according to you.

Would that be a problem for you? Actually I would almost agree with Hawkeye if he thought that. I always believed there is hope for you. (No offense!)
JPB

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 07:14 am
Sounds like a good gig for Patrick Fitzgerald.

Quote:
'Pay-to-play culture'

Two years ago, John McHale, an entrepreneur from Austin, Tex., who has given millions of dollars to Democratic candidates and causes, did something very unusual for him: he wrote a $50,000 check to a Republican candidate, Rick Perry, then seeking a third full term as governor of Texas. In September 2010, he did it again, catapulting himself into the top ranks of Mr. Perry’s donors.

Over three terms in office, Gov. Rick Perry has doled out state aid to his most generous supporters and their businesses. Mr. McHale, a Perry spokesman said after the initial donation, “understands Governor Perry’s leadership has made Texas a good place to do business.” Including, it turned out, for Mr. McHale’s business interests and partners. In May 2010 an economic development fund administered by the governor’s office handed $3 million to G-Con, a pharmaceutical start-up that Mr. McHale helped get off the ground. At least two other executives with connections to the firm had also given Mr. Perry tens of thousands of dollars.

Mr. Perry leapt into the Republican presidential primary this month preceded by his reputation as a thoroughbred fund-raiser. But a review of Mr. Perry’s years in office reveals that one of his most potent fund-raising tools is the very government he heads.

Over three terms in office, Mr. Perry’s administration has doled out grants, tax breaks, contracts and appointments to hundreds of his most generous supporters and their businesses. And they have helped Mr. Perry raise more money than any politician in Texas history, donations that have periodically raised eyebrows but, thanks to loose campaign finance laws and a business-friendly political culture dominated in recent years by Republicans, have only fueled Mr. Perry’s ascent.

“Texas politics does have this amazing pay-to-play culture,” said Harold Cook, a Democratic political consultant. More
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 07:55 pm
@Thomas,
I think mysteryman falls under the category of conservatism, like when Dole and Reagan were around. If I am wrong, he is bound to correct me.
north

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 08:01 pm

republicans can nominate who they want but they are all incompitent bubbling fools
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:48 pm
Paul Ryan (R-WI) seems to have totally rejected the notion of a run for President this afternoon.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
Dammit!

Now, if Palin will only jump in to fill the void...

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 03:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I think mysteryman falls under the category of conservatism, like when Dole and Reagan were around.

You may very well be right, Edgar. He seems as confused as Reagan was,
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 03:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
Good decision on his part.

He has plenty of time ahead of him.

Obama has for the short-term killed the chances of brainy young legislators without executive experience.
0 Replies