The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Free sterilized needles may seem an expense, but if they prevent much more costly illnesses and diseases, they become a net savings.

Same thing goes for contraceptives.

Okay--but it's the eugenics argument tricked up so as to not scare the chattering classes. These poor people breeding like rabbits are costing us intellectuals a fortune and will eventually out vote us. Or, if necessary, out fight us.

The evolutionist with his pants down actually.

Birth rates in US by race between 1991 and 1998

White 15.4 15.0 14.7 14.4 14.2 14.1 13.9 14.0
Black 21.9 21.3 20.5 19.5 18.2 17.8 17.7 17.7
American Indian 18.3 18.4 17.8 17.1 16.6 16.6 16.6 17.1
Asian or Pacific Islander 18.2 18.0 17.7 17.5 17.3 17.0 16.9 16.4
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You may as well argue why people should pay for the upkeep of roads they won't use.

Not me. I'm up for mileage meters in vehicles with extra charges over and above the cost of roads to recompense non drivers for the nuisance.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:23 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Okay--but it's the eugenics argument tricked up so as to not scare the chattering classes. These poor people breeding like rabbits are costing us intellectuals a fortune and will eventually out vote us. Or, if necessary, out fight us.

Of course, I was only addressing the “cost” part of the issue; I understand there are other elements.

Ummm...not being a wise ass here, Spendius...the question I ask next is motivated by me being perplexed by your wording.

"Us" (you used it three times) does include everybody, right?
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Spendis speeches are always more compelling in the original German.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:30 am
@spendius,
I dare suggest that Frank knows quite a few people in well paid jobs who are dealing with the "costly illnesses and diseases". I do.

Is he trying to put them out of work?
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
I was using "us" ironically Frank.

What section of the population contributes most to infantry operations, road maintenance, production line assembly, gathering harvests and garbage and sewage disposal. Or NFL teams.

Those are not operations the chattering classes are much represented in.

You're all full of ****.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:36 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I dare suggest that Frank knows quite a few people in well paid jobs who are dealing with the "costly illnesses and diseases". I do.

Is he trying to put them out of work?

Nope...just trying to free up some of their time for more important work in that field.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:37 am
@spendius,
Quote:
You're all full of ****.

How the hell did you find out about my constipation?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Spendi knows all and sees all, bowel related that is.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
He loves to go into bedrooms and toilets to make sure you're not using a condom.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 10:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
This morning's news item on the web:

Quote:
The Long Run: Rick Santorum’s Journey From ‘Nominal Catholic’ to Clarion of Faith -

They're bringing religion into politics; god help us all!

These goons are bringing canon law into our country, and they denigrate sharia law in the Middle East.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 10:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
That was a very interesting item, ci...and it shows how both Santorum and his wife backtracked and sidestepped. Looks like they both want to live in a black and white world...no matter that occasionally they switch the black and the white.

The comment about them going to the same Mass as Scalia particularly scared the **** out of me.
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 11:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Nope...just trying to free up some of their time for more important work in that field.

Which is, of course, circular what with you defining what "important" is. Thus meaningless objectively.

And arrogant too what with you not having asked any of them whether they are happy with your direction of labour diktats.

Some commentators on that scene have accused them of encouraging dirty needle use in order to increase the size of the client base.

And pointless what with you having no power to free up their time for any damn thing at all.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 11:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Spendi knows all and sees all, bowel related that is.

I could make a guess regarding who suffers from constipation. At even money for 20 guesses I'm confident I could make it pay despite being wrong sometimes.
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 11:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
These goons are bringing canon law into our country. . .

"Goons" is circular. And if canon law does come to the US it will be voted for. Then you have nothing to say outside of suspending democracy which I know you lot would all like to do.
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 11:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The comment about them going to the same Mass as Scalia particularly scared the **** out of me.

I don't believe you Frank. That's a hysterical exaggeration.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 11:43 am
@spendius,
You may wish to start a thread.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You may wish to start a thread.

Yeah. I started this thread more then a year ago. It drifted. I would appreciate it very much if one or the other of you could start a new thread that does not have my name attached to it. Could one of you do that and allow this thread to RIP?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 12:06 pm
@spendius,
spendi, Since you seem ignorant of the English language, here's the definition for "goons." Where you get "circular" is based on your ignorance of the language.

Quote:
goonsplural of goon (Noun)
Noun:
A silly, foolish, or eccentric person.
A bully or thug, esp. one hired to terrorize or do away with opposition.
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's what I meant. Your conclusion is contained in your premiss. That's circularity. Or drivel if you prefer.
0 Replies