The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

izzythepush

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 09:56 am
@ehBeth,
They're not hacking phones or paying for kiss and tell. You've only got Spendi's word for what they say about Canada. I don't read the Telegraph, or Torygraph as a lot of us call it, so I couldn't really say what was in the article.

You're right, it's got nothing to do with the thread, so I'll shut up now.
spendius

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 10:36 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
has Spendi been allowed to run rampant again?

Not at all Beth. The social issues and gas prices are hot button issues in both the Rep. Nom. process and the RFTWH.

In fact it was me who drew the attention of this thread to the social issues issue being a biggie. Not without a little snidey protest or three. (Never mind--I can handle them).

Who is leading at any one time in any of the states or national polls is of little importance. That's just a game Media are playing to get the candidate's backers to stump up for more airtime and video making. Come next November considerations of that nature will have receded from the memory banks and be in the same place as all the other stuff that has been forgotten.

I have refrained from risking an example because I feel sure I'll choose one you do remember.
spendius

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
The first thing izzie is that it was Sky News who announced that it was Sweden, Canada and the USA which allowed terminations on gender. It wasn't my idea. I had assumed that terminations by gender would automatically be going on. And that females would be in the frame. It seemed to me a given once the medical profession took over the abortion business.

The Telegraph are sold out too btw. More stylishly than most I'll admit.

The subject has plenty to do with this thread. The current leader in the polls has made it an issue. And the UK government has officially said, again according to Sky News, that the practice is immoral.

Not that I can think of a valid reason for it saying that. It may be worried that if females become scarce they will start milking it for all it's worth. Well--you would wouldn't you? I certainly would if blokes were scarce. So really it's just a fit of the collywobbles which American men are brave enough to accept.

Did you ever read about the sexual imbalance in Nottingham due to the tobacco firms there attracting young women from all over with higher wages and better working conditions.

A knew a very plain young lady who trekked to a mining town in Alaska with her SRN under her arm and returned 5 years later hitched up to the company accountant.

So Mr Santorum is going up against a practice our gov. says is immoral. Plus some of the things it says is moral as well.

What could have more relevance to the thread than that? Mr Cain's groin?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 11:17 am
@spendius,
I don't know much about the gender balance in Nottingham, but I do know that a lot of nightclubs have a balance of 2:1 in favour of women, because there's less fighting.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 11:54 am
@revelette,
There's a scroll bar just under his post.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 12:23 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Who is leading at any one time in any of the states or national polls is of little importance.

perhaps to you, but it was of interest to the person who started the thread and others who had joined in.

You've scorched another thread. I suspect you're pleased as punch about it.

spendius

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 02:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
This thread is aimed at political junkies as well as casual observers of the American political process.

I'm both Beth. You just claim territorial rights for the thread starter as and when it pleases you. Which is posh I'll admit.

You didn't answer my justification btw. I've been dismissed many a time with a wave of a delicate hand. I don't take it personally.

I think a thread of 356 pages can take care of itself.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 04:36 pm
@spendius,
This one is for you Spendius.

DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=580x305&cht=v&chco=FF6342,ADDE63,63C6DE&chd=t:50,90,5,0,100,0,0&chdl=Things+to+Regulate|Business|Lady+Business&chma=0,5,15&chtt=Republican+Party&chts=676767,24
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:34 pm
@DrewDad,
That seems to be the truth.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:39 pm
@DrewDad,
What would be very interesting is to see how their actions into women's business will impact the voting in November. I'm sure it'll represent a much bigger piece of the pie in a negative way.
spendius

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh ci!! Women deciding the election result. Bring it on. Let's get the sticking plaster pulled off in one quick jerk. The creeping, tolerable misery takes too long.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:48 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Quote:
You just claim territorial rights for the thread starter as and when it pleases you.

Spendi is right, Beth. In this you are outstanding in the field.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:00 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
You just claim territorial rights for the thread starter as and when it pleases you.

Spendi is right, Beth. In this you are outstanding in the field.

I never considered ebeth was a farmer
JTT

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:05 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think that she would like to be, Bear.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:07 pm
What I enjoy most about the republican front-runners are the tens of millions of dollars spent to trash other republicans.

Politics create strange bedfellows, and they will end up asking for their support if they win the nomination.

Will they kiss and make up? LOL
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
meanwhile, they are aiding in the economic recovery by slinging all the cash about and keeping it on shore.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 05:58 am

Something that I find very unpleasant
is that if someone other than Newt or Ron Paul wins the nomination,
I 'll be forced to hold my nose and vote against Obama, in favor of a fake Republican.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 06:19 am
Aww, poor baby.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Something that I find very unpleasant
is that if someone other than Newt or Ron Paul wins the nomination,
I 'll be forced to hold my nose and vote against Obama, in favor of a fake Republican.

Santorum would fit into the suit of the average Republican. Putting that to the side, you aren't being forced to vote for the Republican. There are third and fourth party candidates who would happily accept your vote.

Then there is also the possibility that you could vote in a column other than Republican or Democrat. Maybe Newt will be on the Blowhards Party Line or you'll find Ronnie on the Rabid Robots Party. (I am not aware of those parties existing).

Who has the Conservative Party endorsed? The Greens? Constitution? Tea? Modern Whig? Raza Unida? Right To Life? Maybe your choice will run on one of those lines.
0 Replies