The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 07:37 am
@MontereyJack,
Maybe it was before they had the bomb, it's a useful deterrent.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 09:15 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
The Differene between what C.I.? I said even if he was a Muslim what difference would it make and from this we get all this bullshit and suddenly I'm a conservative? Seriously, what the ******* hell is your problem?

I actually agree with you in theory. However, we live today in a society in the US where being called a Muslim is almost a bad word. Not only that, it is just factually wrong since he says he is a christian and there is no reason to not believe what he says.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:01 am
@revelette,
Thank you, revelette; somebody at least understands where I'm coming from.

Being a minority, and put into concentration camp during WWII made me more sensitive to issues of bigotry. Most times it's blind and dumb.

When Muslims were blacklisted during the Gulf War, Asian Americans came to the support of Muslims, because bigotry came alive with insults against all Muslims.

Conservatives are using that to tell everybody Obama is a Muslim.

Some people will never "get it."
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Thank you, revelette; somebody at least understands where I'm coming from.

Being a minority, and put into concentration camp during WWII made me more sensitive to issues of bigotry. Most times it's blind and dumb.

When Muslims were blacklisted during the Gulf War, Asian Americans came to the support of Muslims, because bigotry came alive with insults against all Muslims.

Some people will never "get it."

revelette seems to "get" what I was saying and that there was no bigotry or conservative ideology behind my remark..... I don't know what your problem is. Have you considered giving one of your children power of attorney over your affairs ASAP?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:07 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Repeat:
Quote:

And I repeat; There's nothing wrong with being a Muslim, but saying what's wrong if Obama is a Muslim only reinforces to bigots what they want to hear and react to.
parados

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
No, it's agreeing with you that he isn't a Muslim but even IF he was one it wouldn't make any difference.

You completely missed BVT's point and his use of the word if.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:57 am
@parados,
Do you really believe using the word "if" makes any difference to those conservative bigots?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 12:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's an interesting article about Billy Graham's son who also talks about Obama's religion.

Quote:
Posted at 04:03 PM ET, 02/21/2012
White House brushes off questions of Obama’s religious faith
By David Nakamura
The White House is brushing off the latest critics who have taken aim at President Obama’s religious faith.

During his daily briefing Tuesday, press secretary Jay Carney was asked about recent suggestions from Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum and religious leader Franklin Graham that Obama is less than a true Christian.

On the MSNBC program “Morning Joe,” Graham, the son of the Rev. Billy Graham, declined to categorically rule out that Obama is a Muslim, even though the president has repeatedly professed his Christianity.

Do you honestly believe "if" makes any difference to these bigots?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Repeat:
Quote:

And I repeat; There's nothing wrong with being a Muslim, but saying what's wrong if Obama is a Muslim only reinforces to bigots what they want to hear and react to.

that's their ******* problem not mine. I expected more from you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 01:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yes, it is my ******* problem, because I try to advocate for minorities, and all the bull shite they have to endure in this country.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 02:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yes, it is my ******* problem, because I try to advocate for minorities, and all the bull shite they have to endure in this country.

I'm sure school will be closed on your birthday in years to come
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But why do you advocate for minorities ci?

I feel sure there is a large number of people who are members of minority groups who don't advocate for minorities. Far outweighing those who do.

Are you performing what Flaubert called the "studied simplicity of manner" which he said, "the inexperienced interpret as a sign of immediate sympathy."

And does advocating for minorities do any of them any good. It seems to me that homosexuals were miles better off before all this advocating for them malarky got underway. I would bet money that fewer of them were unemployed than average, they had the thrill of being in a mildly dangerous clique and secret networks, the cops left them alone as long as they were discreet and they didn't have wives or partners they were legally chained to.

Now they are just like everybody else and, as you continually remind us, everybody else is completely stupid. And they obviously don't like it.

The ones who do the advocating are just more in our faces. They are not necessarily typical.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 04:34 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
Can you possibly be serious to think i would consider anything Rush or Neal would say to be ethical?

I do not know what you think, that is why I asked the question. I listen to them most days and I hear all kinds of good things said about them, "true Americans.

I may have it a little wrong but I think I heard a nun call and talk to Rush and said if he was not married that she would love to go on a date with him and that she listens to him all of the time.

Quote:
anything he might be engaged in in his private time that is not illegal is none of your or my ******* business if he's doing the job he was elected for

I have an acquaintance who says that he would be OK with a sociopath being president as long as he is capable of doing the job.

It seems that him being "capable of doing the job" means to do what ever my acquaintance thinks is beneficial to him.

The only problem that I have with that is, I would "not" think that a sociopathic president would have an ethical radius that includes all of us but rather it would be interested in serving its own agenda.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 04:42 pm
@spendius,
spendi, It doesn't matter what other people advocate for; that's not my problem.
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 05:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From The Daily Telegraph.

Quote:
Doctors agree to illegal abortion of baby girls 'no questions asked'

Telegraph investigation: Women are being granted illegal abortions by doctors based on the sex of their unborn baby, an undercover investigation by The Daily Telegraph reveals.

The good old days eh?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 05:45 pm
@spendius,
I don't know what you mean by "the good old days," but abortions have been practiced for a very long time by almost all cultures.

The state of Virginia now requires all women to have sonograms even in the event of rape.

What is a mystery for me is the fact that women still will vote for these elected officials who implement these mandates against women.

I'm beginning to wonder about the "Land of the Free."
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, It doesn't matter what other people advocate for; that's not my problem.

That isn't a response to my question. The suspicion, and it is not an uncommon one, is that advocating for minorities is a way to get attention, ready cash often enough, by riding the coat tails of the minorities.

When the minority consists of well fixed, well fed, and well to do minorities, and sex is involved, rather than people starving and cold or being tortured by evil fiends, the suspicion gains considerable momentum.
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are faced with a story about infanticide practiced against females.

Is the opposition of the Church, and Mr Santorum, based on the knowledge that abortion on demand will have such a result.

It's a mystery to me why women would vote for politicians facilitating abortion. Their watches being besmirched by the 50,000,000 abortions since the USSC took its dramatic position.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:48 pm
@spendius,
As a minority in the US, I already cashed in. That's the reason why I'm able to travel to any place I please at my pleasure. I don't spend most of my leisure time in the same pub, but mostly at different locations around the world.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
that Obama is less than a true Christian.

That's a big plus for Obama.

These two tools, Santorum and Graham, should be more concerned with whether their president is a war criminal/terrorist or not.
0 Replies