The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:44 pm

The biggest advantage Republicans have in the coming 2012 election is that they are not Obama.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 01:51 pm
seeing on the news that gas is expected to go back down around 50 cents a gallon and that the economy, is successfully picking up. That must hurt you watercunt.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 01:57 pm
my apologies to the group for my use of the c word. It is the vilest and nastiest of words I realize, which is why I reserve it only for those who deserve it. Mr. Green
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 01:58 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

That must hurt you watercunt.

You are late to the party cockgobbler.

H2O MAN wrote:

Mon 9 May, 2011 10:26 am
Some are now saying gas prices will drop back down to $3.50 per gallon in a month or so.
This may happen because demand has fallen, but I bet it will be as short lived as Obama's Osama bump in the polls.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 01:59 pm
as short as the bump in your pants? That's why your wife told me she fucked around on you and then left.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 02:01 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Cockjuggler, I should have guessed that you had a sexual attraction to corpses.

Is that how Obama said it 'corpses'?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 02:31 pm
Newt will announce his intention to run on Wednesday. Mitch Daniels is rumored to say on Thursday whether he intends to run or not. My (very small) bet is on him deciding to not go for it.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 02:37 pm
@realjohnboy,
I still think Newt would best serve the republic if he ended up as Cain's VP.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Cockjuggler, I should have guessed that you had a sexual attraction to corpses.

Is that how Obama said it 'corpses'?

If you'e a widower I'm sure it was either a suicide to get away from you or you bored her to death.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 09:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have only read up to this post by CI, but currently I'm thinking he's more correct than previous mentions. One reason Obama had his moment and parlayed that into a victory is the state of Dem popularity was at a serious low. Kerry. Gore. Ugh. A great time for a fresh face.

I think the GOP nominee will be someone we haven't seen on the national stage yet.

Of course, I have to say that I am a critic of the whole Tea Party movement, so some wishful thinking may edge out my attempted unbias. Palin has been successful in steering candidates to victory, even if she couldn't do so for herself.

Is she too damaged to sweep a cleaner candidate to national office? Is she powerful behind the scenes if not on stage? Could she enjoy a renaissance if she kills off some of her more offensive planks?

Eh.

Looking for new face.

Reading.
Lash

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 10:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
EhBeth-
When pigs fly!!!
(or later, when the liberals split from the Dems...)
*snicker*
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 07:09 am

Some FairTax Help For Prospective Candidates
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:21 am

Herman Cain Wins GOP Straw Poll in Washington State
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:27 am
@Lash,
I'd also like to see that.

Right now the U.S. appears to have two slightly right-of-centre parties. Nothing conservative enough for the conservatives, and nothing central or left-of-centre.

I think there's room in the U.S. for more than what is, in effect, two parties trying to sit in the same seat.
sozobe

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:32 am
@Lash,
Remember that Obama wasn't completely new to the national stage when he began his run. He'd done the keynote for the 2004 Democratic Convention (and got a lot of attention because of it), which led to a surge of interest in "Dreams From My Father," and then "The Audacity of Hope" came out in October 2006.

The equivalent date for the next election would be October 2010, and I can't really think of anyone who is not already among the usual suspects who has that kind of visibility.

Edit: just checked when I started "Obama '08?", it was March 2006.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:42 am
"Raising Cain" may be just what the lethargic, lackluster GOP presidential field needs to get more motivated.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 04:34 pm
@ehBeth,
I agree!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 04:36 pm
@sozobe,
I remember seeing him at the Dem convention and thinking he had potential then. But, that was his first national moment - and not seen by many outside the political groupie club. My thinking, anyway...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 04:41 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I remember seeing him at the Dem convention and thinking he had potential then. But, that was his first national moment - and not seen by many outside the political groupie club. My thinking, anyway...

Oh, the speech was a big hit on CNN and in the national media. He was labeled immediately as 'someone to watch.' I only knew about the guy from my work with law schools - I barely even knew he was a senator at that point!

Re: the Republicans. If they have a stealth candidate, he needs to show up within the next 3 months or so, wouldn't you think? The first primaries are in January (I think) and whoever the Great White Hope is better have at least some steam and support by then.

Cycloptichorn