The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 04:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What is happening in Syria is happening now, that's got to be far more pressing than what America did in Vietnam.

To your mind, I guess so. To me, Vietnam and SE Asia is vitally important because it is one of the worst war crimes of the last century. It illustrates a more than a century long pattern that has been repeated in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bringing these historical issues up is vitally important for another reason. There are millions upon millions of Americans and people of other nationalities who believe the myth of a benevolent America. That is an absolute falsehood.

The US has been rapaciously greedy from the outset and with each burp it only gets worse.

What's happening in Syria will come to some resolve relatively soon, and those deaths will be forgotten by the bandwagon crew faster than the flavor of the week ice cream.

Such is not the case with the US. How quickly you forget Iraq and Afghanistan.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't think RT is controlled by the Kremlin, I know it is. That doesn't stop me enjoying, or being irritated by, Max Keiser. My eyes are wide open. You need to open yours.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:10 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
What's happening in Syria will come to some resolve relatively soon, and those deaths will be forgotten by the bandwagon crew faster than the flavor of the week ice cream.

That's cold comfort to the people who are dying. I've not forgotten anything.
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
That's cold comfort to the people who are dying.

Then get on the flavor of the week people.

Quote:
I've not forgotten anything.

I'm not so sure of that.

Quote:
More murder of Iranian scientists: still terrorism?
BY GLENN GREENWALD

Several days ago I referenced a controversy that arose in 2007 when the law professor and right-wing blogger Glenn “Instapundit” Reynolds criticized President Bush for not doing enough to stop Iran’s nuclear program and then advocated that the U.S. respond by murdering that nation’s religious leaders and nuclear scientists. “We should be responding quietly, killing radical mullahs and Iranian atomic scientists . . . ,” he argued. The backlash against Reynolds’ suggestion was intense, especially among progressive writers.

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/11/more_murder_of_iranian_scientists_still_terrorism/singleton/

I don't think it's possible that this has anything to do with the US/UK/Israel. It must be Tuvalu.
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:40 pm
@JTT,
It's not us JT. I can assure you of that.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't think RT is controlled by the Kremlin, I know it is. That doesn't stop me enjoying, or being irritated by, Max Keiser. My eyes are wide open. You need to open yours.

We can say that most everyone is controlled by someone but how does your eyes being wide open help you understand facts, theories and fiction. How well do you understand theory from fact?
Can you tell me why you understand gravity as a theory?
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
Try wheeling barrow loads of cement up an incline plane, made of two scaffolding planks, all day. You'll soon get the idea rl.
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:57 pm
@spendius,
You don't think that various UK poodles haven't been brought into the loop, Spendi.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:58 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Try wheeling barrow loads of cement up an incline plane, made of two scaffolding planks, all day. You'll soon get the idea rl.

I am sure that we could learn a law or two about gravity doing just that.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:59 pm
@JTT,
I do don't think that. Yes.
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:01 pm
@spendius,
Why? Is this too serious to involve poodles?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:03 pm
@JTT,
Regarding the Iranian scientist assassinations, I'm a member of the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign, I buy Palestinian olive oil even though it's twice as expensive as any other. I observe the Israeli boycott, I will not buy any Israeli product. I let my friends and acquaintances know my views on Israel, and the reasons why. I write letters about the occupation to newspapers. What else do you suggest I do? More importantly what are you doing, other than whining on about how bad America is, and dismissing the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Syrian civilians as flavour of the month?
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:04 pm
@JTT,
I don't know. Are Iranian nuclear scientists more important than Rawandan kids?

I'm not a snob. Nuclear science does nothing for me.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
Gravity is a ******* fantasy, the only reason we're not flying out into space is because of my strength of will. You should be grateful, and send me all your money.
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Regarding the Iranian scientist assassinations, I'm a member of the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign, I buy Palestinian olive oil even though it's twice as expensive as any other. I observe the Israeli boycott, I will not buy any Israeli product. I let my friends and acquaintances know my views on Israel, and the reasons why. I write letters about the occupation to newspapers. What else do you suggest I do? More importantly what are you doing, other than whining on about how bad America is, and dismissing the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Syrian civilians as flavour of the month?

Jeeze izzie. You do take things seriously don't you?
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
More importantly what are you doing, other than whining on about how bad America is, and dismissing the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Syrian civilians as flavour of the month?

"tens of thousands", Izzy? Shades of RT?

You don't think that America is bad for the poor of the planet?

You obviously missed my meaning Re: flavor of the [whatever time span]. That was a jab at the numerous hypocritical Americans who launched all those Arab Spring threads when it was their very own government that had, for all those long years, supported the brutal dictators in the first place.

I'm glad that you are comfortable with your participation and I applaud your efforts.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:14 pm
@izzythepush,
That is an answer but I thought that you might answer it as serious as you answered JT about Palestine.
I was just curious if you understand some things as well as you think you do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:21 pm
Did you all know that "personhood" begins at conception, and it has all the legal rights of all living persons? It can go to court and demand their rights of equality, all social benefits, and the protections of all federal laws.
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:21 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Are Iranian nuclear scientists more important than Rawandan[sic] kids?

No, not at all. They are equally important as individuals.

What's important is that this grand hypocrisy be stopped. When Iran says something outrageous, the western world goes into apoplexy, all the better to foist the propaganda on the gullible masses.

When these clearly terrorist actions, the murders of Iranian scientists and their families happen, there's nothing. Imagine the outrage in the UK/the US if a scientist and his wife/family were targeted.
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
As is right and proper. In evolution too.