The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:27 pm
@spendius,
If that's the case, and the US believes in democracy for all living persons, why aren't we doing anything for infanticide in India and China, and abortion in most countries around the world, but especially in Vietnam where they have the highest rates of abortion?

Our national politics would have to change to meet all the challenges of saving lives as the defender of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

We go to other sovereign countries and kill tens of thousands of innocent lives, so why are unborn fetus' valued equally? There's something wrong with this logic and picture.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Seems like the republicans are asking to dish out more tax dollars.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
but especially in Vietnam where they have the highest rates of abortion?

One reason springs to mind - women want to avoid the burden of raising an Agent Orange baby that comes courtesy of, guess who?

I'm not sure what stats you're thinking of here, CI, but you might want to check them again.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:50 pm
@JTT,
Why would I have to check them again? The Tour Director in Vietnam provided me with that info, and my subsequent web check confirmed it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 06:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
You're talking about 'intelligent falling.' I understand. Did you know that Newton wrote more books on magic and alchemy than any other subject?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:01 pm
@JTT,
I have never applauded the actions of the Israeli government. You've not answered my question, what else should I do? Do you want to be guilty of the prevarication and avoidance that you accuse Om Sig David of?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:02 pm
@spendius,
I take the plight of the Palestinians seriously, we're all moved by different things.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Read the book, "The Other Side of Israel," by Susan Nathan, a Jewish woman who lived with the Palestinians in Israel. She was threatened and treated badly by the Jews.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're talking about 'intelligent falling.

Not exactly, I was interested in how you understand gravity to be a theory and not a fact or an empirical understanding.

Quote:
Did you know that Newton wrote more books on magic and alchemy than any other subject?

No I was not aware of that but what I am sharing with you I did learn from an astrophysicist Neil Tyson who admires Newton big time.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The Tour Director in Vietnam provided me with that info, and my subsequent web check confirmed it.

A tour director - well that's good enough for me. Smile

This site,

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_abo-health-abortions

goes to #19 and Vietnam isn't even mentioned.

This one,

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/wrjp333pd.html

which shows abortions as a percentage of pregnancies has Vietnam in the same range as New Zealand and pretty close to Canada, the US, the UK and Australia.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I have never applauded the actions of the Israeli government

Did I say you did?

Quote:
You've not answered my question, what else should I do?

Whatever tickles your fancy, Izzy.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:37 pm
@JTT,
OK mate, the next time you attack Om Sig Dave, a man whose opinions are almost diametrically opposed to mine own, guess whose side I will be taking?
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, what in heaven's name is wrong with you?

If, in a future issue, you figure that Dave is right, then by all means, take his side. I would want it no other way.

But you've decided that you're going to take Om's side just out of spite. I figured you to be more principled than that.

Is this because of Hawk? Surely not.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:13 pm
@JTT,
You attack Dave because he won't answer, or sidesteps your question. I'm sorry to say, but the same can be said of you regarding Israel. Either tell me what more I can do about Israel, or start focusing on injustice, not America. America isn't the problem, the problem is rich men/multinationals and the undue influence they have over what happens in the world.
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm sorry to say, but the same can be said of you regarding Israel. Either tell me what more I can do about Israel,

I'm sorry to say that this is surely the dumbest argument I've ever seen you mount, Izzy. Fact is, I can't remember another, with the exception of the recent Hawk one.

But okay.

1. Join Hamas.

2. Grow a Yassar Arafat beard.

3. Wear a keffiyah.

If I can think of anymore, I'll let you know.

Quote:
America isn't the problem,

I'm sure that the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Chile, Angola, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Cuba, Panama, Grenada, Native Americans, China, the Philippines, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Korea, ... couldn't agree with you more.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 02:23 am
@JTT,
So nothing of any practical purpose whatsoever. So as long as you're not American it's alright to commit mass muder. I'm sure Assad will take great comfort in what you're saying, as will all those rich men living in tax havens pulling the strings.
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 05:41 am
@izzythepush,
But what can be done about it?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:06 am
@spendius,
We can tax the fuckers. Maybe try for a more transparent lobbying process. Take Murdoch for instance, he's an Australian which would absolve him of all responsibility for the war in Iraq, unlike those British and American citizens who protested against the war, who by JTT's reasoning are guilty. Murdoch pushed the case for war, and during the war sold more advertising space and newspapers. What about those executives in the Arms, Oil and logistics industries who all made a killing out of Iraq? There's always a money trail, and that money trail normally ends up in Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Monaco or the Cayman Islands. That's where we should be directing our missiles, not Iran.
djjd62

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:09 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
If you think that RT is a propaganda channel controlled by the Kremlin how can you like Max keiser? Don't you think he might be confusing your mind with propaganda?

only you can confuse your mind with propaganda, nobody else can do it for you
revelette

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:44 am
Back to the republican race:

Poll: Michigan race tightens as Romney makes gains

Quote:
Mitt Romney has made a sizeable dent in Rick Santorum's lead in Michigan, where a new poll shows Romney gaining ground in the state where he was born and has deep ties.

Santorum leads Romney 37% to 33% in the poll by Public Policy Polling (PPP), released late Sunday. In the same poll last week, Santorum had a 15-point lead over Romney in Michigan, which holds its primary on Feb. 28.
Ron Paul has 15% support, while Newt Gingrich has 10% in the PPP survey.

"Rick Santorum continues to have the lead in Michigan, but momentum is now on Mitt Romney's side," said Dean Debnam, president of Public Policy Polling, a Democratic firm. "Romney's supporters are also more committed than Santorum's, so there's reason to believe this could get even closer in the final week of the campaign."

The poll shows Romney leads Santorum among women, senior citizens, moderates, Catholics and voters who consider themselves "somewhat conservative."

Santorum has a double-digit edge over Romney among Protestants, union members, evangelical voters, Tea Party supporters, men, and voters who consider themselves "very conservative."

"The tightening over the last week is much more a function of Romney gaining than Santorum falling," the polling firm's news release says.

In a key finding, the PPP survey shows Romney's favorability ratings have jumped by 10 points in the last week.

Beats me why protestants would be in support of Santorum when Santorum considers Protestants to be spawns of Satan. Interesting though that Romney votes among Catholic voters were mentioned right in there with moderate and women voters.