The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hm we got this guy with no ethics

We got that other guy with no morals

We got a third guy who cant say no to the CAtholic Church

And a fourth a guy with no hair, (and no home planet).

izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 04:14 am
@spendius,
Here's a rundown on the latests odds available. The odds on Romney winning are so high there's no point taking it.
http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politics-and-election/us-presidential-election/republican-candidate
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 05:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Hm we got this guy with no ethics

We got that other guy with no morals

Nice for atheists and evolutionists having a choice.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 06:17 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Nice for atheists and evolutionists having a choice.
So, you actually believe that "evolutionists" and/or atheists would have a problem with knowing the difference? Are you that naive?.
Youre like Joe PAterno when he said he didnt know about male rape.

REligion fills your head with a cotton candy certaintude.
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 06:29 am
@farmerman,
How could they know the difference? They don't recognise either morality or ethics. If they do you are back to the resemblance to the seducer who bottles out at the bedroom door.

I don't know about male rape either. It's just a form of assault. Confusions arise due to sexual hangups. No sex is involved.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 06:38 am
@spendius,
Quote:
They don't recognise either morality or ethics.
Isnt it great with all your cotton candy in place? Im sure Torquemmada and Pope Jerome felt a "divine Mission" thrust upon them also.

Quote:
I don't know about male rape either. It's just a form of assault. Confusions arise due to sexual hangups
Once again, the great white bird flies over your head .
hingehead

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 06:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Whoosh!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 07:03 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Good thing too. Having it roosting like you do on your noggin with guano residues is not for me.

Why do you think a man can rape another man?

It's your deep-seated misogyny showing again.
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 07:11 am
@farmerman,
What makes me laugh fm is that you think you can answer intellectual points with snidies. With infantile gambits.

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 07:14 am
@spendius,
Gingrich tried such nonsense and got splattered.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 07:20 am
@spendius,
Quote:
What makes me laugh fm is that you think you can answer intellectual points with snidies. With infantile gambits.

Did you just call Farmerman a kettle...and what color did you say he is?
dap0515

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 09:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
I'm astonished that Ron Paul doesn't receive more flak for the racist publications he circulated in the 1980s and 1990s. Imagine how long Romney or Gingrich would last in this race if they had something like that in their backgrounds. Why is it acceptable for Paul and not anyone else?
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 09:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
A sort of white with a greyish hint if the great white bird is not flying over his head. Like the statues in London.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 09:35 am
@dap0515,
He is the underdog so no one is pointing it out. If he was in the lead I bet it would be front and center.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 09:38 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
He is the underdog so no one is pointing it out. If he was in the lead I bet it would be front and center.

Exactly.

"Pointing it out" is really just code for "giving him more publicity."

All the other candidates realize the best option if to simply ignore him. He will go away soon enough.
dap0515

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 10:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
"Pointing it out" is really just code for "giving him more publicity."

All the other candidates realize the best option if to simply ignore him. He will go away soon enough.

This explanation would make sense to me, except that if we review the 2008 election, an even bigger underdog, Tom Tancredo, received all sorts of criticism for allegedly being a racist xenophobe. The media and opponents alike launched accusations against him on the basis of their own extrapolations of his policies on immigration and terrorism. Tancredo also associated with a few unsavory characters, however, so did Obama at one time.

Now maybe Tancredo really is a racist. It seems more likely than not. But there's still a measure of ambiguity and doubt. People are reading between the lines rather than looking at anything tangibly racist Tancredo actually said or did in his record.

With Ron Paul, there's no need to read between the lines. We can read the actual lines. There exist a bevy of articles bearing his signature, under his masthead, containing all sorts of anti-black, anti-Semitic, anti-homosexual refuse. And hardly anyone in the media seems to care. Why did Tancredo get heavily scrutinized while Paul, at three times the popularity of Tancredo (albeit still not a threat for the nomination) receives virtually none? At debates, moderators ask him if he's too old. How about asking him to offer up a better excuse than "I didn't read the articles I signed off on" for two decades of published bigotry?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 10:37 am
@ossobuco,
No, I'm asking a serious question masked in humor.

What the hell is up with his eyebrow? One is nearly two inches higher than the other....
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 11:28 am
I watched some of the Republican debate. However, it reminded me why I haven't watched any of the previous debates. The candidates spent the night alternating between trying to prove Barack Obama is a bad president (despite coming from the party who gave us George W. Bush) and trying to show off which one of them has the biggest Reagan boner. Pathetic, really.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 12:02 pm
@spendius,
Your sexual-themed responses are juvenile at best, and irrelevant. Grow up!
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 12:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is the pot called the kettle...