The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 09:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
Adam Smith asks Santorum about Sciavo. Government intervention over family decisions. Why?

Gingrich whines his way through a non-response.

Paul talks about living wills. He sounds reasonable after listening to Gingrich.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 09:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ooh Gingrich wants to get rid of Sarbanes Oxley among other regulations
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 09:35 pm
Santorum courts the climate change denialists.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 09:38 pm
@hingehead,
Paul says the Republicans have grown government too much - in effect, Republicans are not conservatives.

If you're a conservative and want small government and keep government out of your lives ...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:18 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I'm glad Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are dominating the debate and tearing each other apart. One of them will be the nominee but the winner will be bruised and weakened. Rick Santorum and Ron Paul, you guys can leave whenever you want.

You mean like Obama was bruised and weakened in 2008, after he and Clinton tore each other apart? I'm not holding my breath.

Indeed, I think the opposite is true. On issues like this, I subscribe to ehBeth's red-pyjama, blue-pyjama model of decision-making. If you tell a child to go to bed, you'll have a rebellion on your hands, as you'll be sure to find out soon with your own kid. But if you ask if the child wants to put on the red pyjama or the red pyjama now, you'll be fine. The appearance of choice numbs the child's resistance to going to bed. I see Romney and Gingrich as the Republican party's red and blue pyjamas. Unfortunately for voters like me, they will hurt, not help it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:45 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:

You mean like Obama was bruised and weakened in 2008, after he and Clinton tore each other apart? I'm not holding my breath.

There was a palpable desire on the part of the base to support the man - and a huge body of support for his opponent. I read pretty much every major GOP weblog and site, every single day, and I feel perfectly comfortable stating that there exists no such corollary on the right-wing this cycle.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 11:51 pm
Oh, BTW, did we ever find out how many votes Herman Cain got in SC?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/Violetninja420/Used%20gifs/1326518067841.gif

A
R
T
hingehead

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 12:11 am
@failures art,
I looked it up - around 1% - so 4% less than Colbert was polling when he announced he would run for President of the United States of South Carolina.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 12:37 am
‎"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that’s the America millions of Americans believe in." - Mitt Romney

A
R
The America Mitt believes in an America millions believe in.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 03:33 am
That's a pure Mittism, that is.

I believe in the America millions of people believe in too. It's the America Obama believes in and it's the TRUE America because more millions of us voted for it and him than voted for the lame-o Republican America that gave us an economic meltdown that the flip-floppers like Willard Romney believe in.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 05:20 am
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:43 am

Make no mistake ~
the 2012 presidential election is a referendum on Obama's performance or lack there of...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:46 am
@failures art,

Obama Lapel Pin
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:47 am
I think two things made a difference in this debate:

- The crowd, and Brian Williams' instructions to them to stay quiet. (Newt does better when he's got a rowdier crowd.)

- Newt trying for some sort of reasonable/ statesman mantle. That's not him, and while it's maybe required for him to be taken seriously as a front-runner, he's been doing well as the angry fella who will give Obama whatfor. That's not who he was yesterday.

I thought Mitt scored some points with the statement that he'd pay no taxes under Gingrich's plan. Sullivan called it "bragging," I don't think that was it. More, "everyone's complaining about me paying only about 15% even though I'm mega-rich, under your plan it'd be way worse than that, all the way down to ZERO percent."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 08:08 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

‎"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that’s the America millions of Americans believe in." - Mitt Romney

Personally, I think tautocracy is the worst kind of government.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 08:11 am

Orlando:

That was easily the most boring debate yet, a real yawn fest.

On the plus side, Santorum did a very good job - he should stay in the race.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 08:13 am
@H2O MAN,
I should've known you'd love santorum.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 08:16 am
@DrewDad,

I knew you would get it wrong again.

I picked Cain and Gingrich from the beginning and Newt is still in it to win it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 09:25 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Orlando:

That was easily the most boring debate yet, a real yawn fest.

On the plus side, Santorum did a very good job - he should stay in the race.
SPLITTING the anti-liberal vote?????? I don't think so.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 09:27 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Adam Smith asks Santorum about Sciavo. Government intervention over family decisions. Why?

Gingrich whines his way through a non-response.

Paul talks about living wills. He sounds reasonable after listening to Gingrich.
He is reasonable,
if u don't care about a nuclear armed Iran. I guess u r safe up there.