The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

failures art

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 05:55 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

Bachmann - Not out?
Perry - Not admitting he's out.

So today, they switch?

Flip a coin.

A
R
Tails on both sides.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Love it. And I must say that this directly mirrors everything I read on Conservative sites across the web.

Cycloptichorn
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Well, reciprocally: I love that.
The heart of Republicanism and the reason for the existence of the GOP is conservatism.
Without us, it is nothing, with no purpose.

For that reason, I doubt that Romney has much future in it.
Maybe he 'll become a Democrat, as John Lindsay did.

David

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Well, that may be so; but surely you realize that this is going to present
a major problem for the upcoming electoral campaign for your side.

Cycloptichorn
(Stating the obvious) what my side needs
is to get the nomination into the hands of someone
who represents the philosophy of Original Americanism
and then to win the general election.

To my mind: Romney is the only R.I.N.O.
The others are all acceptable
(tho I dislike Paul's pacifism).

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 09:13 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Apparently David (godIdolovehimso) suffers from the same kind of selective (and amnesiac) memory that so many contemporary Republicans do. What did he say? That the GOP was the party of American Original ism? Who's he kidding?
The term "Originalism" referring to a theory of Constitutional interpretation was only coined in the 1980s.
AGREED, as to coinage of THE TERM, akin to printing a label,
but the subject matter thereof is the original Constitutional intendment without distortion
(i.e., the real thing without liberalism). It means what George Washington and James Madison
knew their product to be, with no misrepresentations.
The GOP is the closest party to representing that philosophy now.

Joe Nation wrote:
And it will, hopefully, be forgotten about two weeks after Scalia is has gasped his last.
U r well within your rights
to hope for the end of original America, if u want. I don't join in that.
I support personal freedom and I disdain the jurisdiction of government.

Joe Nation wrote:
Joe(yes. I know he's not the only idiot trying to stick with it.)Nation
I am taken aback by your saying that!
I have told u to your face that I hold your writing in high esteem,
and I continue to admire it. From that, I know that u r intelligent,
but how u can blunder like that perplexes me! ?? !
Justice Scalia, thru out his schooling consistently got the very highest grades.
When his nomination to the USSC was presented by the President to the U.S. Senate,
he got a 1OO% unanimous vote in favor, from both parties.

If THIS is Joe Nation's (may his life be fraught with JOY) definition of IDIOCY,
then where does that leave the rest of us??????? Think about it.
How many of us (except for Joe, himself, of course) have risen
to the heights of that idiot Scalia??

David
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:03 am
Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum is quickly becoming familiar with the front-runner scrutiny machine: A day after this break-out performance in Iowa’s Republican caucuses, he came under fire from the country’s leading civil rights organization for comments singling out blacks as people whose lives he would improve without using “somebody else’s money.”

In response to a voters’ question, Santorum on Monday was discussing the Medicaid program for the poor and disabled when he commented, “That’s what the bottom line is. So I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money and provide for themselves and their families.”

In a statement Wednesday, the NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous said, “Senator Santorum’s targeting of African Americans is inaccurate and outrageous, and lifts up old race-based stereotypes about public assistance. He conflates welfare recipients with African Americans, though federal benefits are in fact determined by income level. In Iowa for example, only nine percent of food stamp recipients are black, while eighty-four percent of recipients are white.”

Hilary Shelton, the organization’s Washington Bureau director and senior vice president for policy, said, “This kind of statement is harmful because it places blame on struggling Americans due to race rather than the institutional, economic and political forces that cause high unemployment and poverty. It is misleading for Senator Santorum to imply that Iowans or Americans of any race would prefer to live on government subsidies, which average only $133.79 a month, or about $4.50 dollars a day.”

source
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 10:27 am
Here's a preview of what Mitt will face in the general election, if he is to win the nomination:

Simple and true

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:01 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I can only guess what Santorum will face..

Do we really want a President that thinks government should force it's way into medical decisions? Rick Santorum thinks so and even sponsored legislation to do just that.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:09 am
@parados,
He also ran the K street project out of his own office. The truth is that the guy has so many liabilities, it's crazy. But, he's not really going to win, so we shouldn't get up in arms about any of them.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:14 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I hope he does win SC and Florida. If the evangelical vote coalesces around one candidate, they can take all the delegates in those 2 states.

Romney's best hope is that it stays a large field until he builds up a lead.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:22 am
@parados,
He'll have a hard time in SC, as he has public problems with Jim DeMint, and it's going to be tough to win there without that guy pulling for him.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:30 am
@Cycloptichorn,
With 5 people still in the race 25% could be good enough to get all the delegates.

Romney has only been polling about 21%
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:18 pm
So I read somewhere John McCain endorses Mitt Romney saying he will "restore the nation." That's exactly what Obama has been doing! It's just taking longer than expected because the damage done by Bush was far worse than anyone anticipated. I also love the Republican buzzwords like "restore" and "take back" the nation. Yes, crazy white conservatives think America has been "hijacked" by the black guy in the White House.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:27 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, McCain has been in N.H. talking up Romney. Nice for Romney, but not too important. There's never been any doubt that he'll take the GOP primary vote in the Granite State with little competition from the likes of Santorum or Gingrich (the on;y two that still count to some extent). The thing is N.H. isn't like Iowa. It's largely rural but the New Hampshire folks aren't, by and large, Bible-thumping "born-again" fundamentalists,nor die-hard neo-cons. I know; I lived there for a number of years in the 1980s-early '90s. They're mostly GOP moderates and some are actually -- oh, horrors! -- registered Democrats.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:33 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
So I read somewhere John McCain endorses Mitt Romney saying he will "restore the nation." That's exactly what Obama has been doing! It's just taking longer than expected because the damage done by Bush was far worse than anyone anticipated. I also love the Republican buzzwords like "restore" and "take back" the nation. Yes, crazy white conservatives think America has been "hijacked" by the black guy in the White House.
It meant restore it to its Original American Philosophy,
as known and intended by George Washington & James Madison--
that it had been hijacked away from its proper philosophy
as the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

David
hingehead

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Why would a democrat leaning PAC be whiteanting someone who hasn't even got the Republican nomination yet? Are they scared of the prospect of him vs Obama?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

You aren't free at all, Om. You are all duped into voting for TweedleDum {Republicans} or TweedleDee.

"home of the brave", absolute bullshit. Bombing the hell out of innocents from high in the sky, from huge ships offshore; paying proxies to rape, torture and murder innocent men, women and children.

That's not bravery at all.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 12:37 am
@JTT,
DAVID wrote:

JTT wrote:
You aren't free at all, Om. You are all duped into voting for TweedleDum {Republicans} or TweedleDee.

"home of the brave", absolute bullshit. Bombing the hell out of innocents from high in the sky, from huge ships offshore; paying proxies to rape, torture and murder innocent men, women and children.

That's not bravery at all.
I will accept the proposition that in the realm of your delusions, this is true;
otherwise, your post has no merit.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 01:25 am

I 'm getting concerned about this:
is Santorum openly, overtly loyal to the Constitution?
or is he a Catholic Pat Robertson?? Is Santorum a theocrat??

I believe that we need to look into this. Rush likes him or loves him,
but Rush's research has indicated that Santorum is NOT a LIBERTARIAN!!!

It seems to me that the whole heart and soul of the reason for being
a Republican is love of personal freedom & Individualism, in keeping
with the Founding principles of the US Constitution.

The American Revolution was a LIBERTARIAN revolution, led by
the Sons of Liberty. They took freedom seriously. I do now.

I'm not too sure about Santorum.
We Republicans need to find out what we are getting into with him.

IF Santorum IS a theocrat,
then that explains the reason that he is not a libertarian.

I support separation of Church & state.

David
spendius

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 04:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Where's the delusion Dave? Reporting of drones, rendition, Cruise missiles, planes bombing from beyond the range of defence , are regular features of the News.

The boots on the ground are brave.

And now the scuttle is underway.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 06:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I support separation of Church & state.
I do too. But I believe Santorum does not (even though he will say he does, his choices and opinions show otherwise).
Eorl

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 06:54 am
http://freethoughtblogs.com/xblog/2012/01/05/secular-coalition-fails-most-2012-presidential-candidates-on-religiously-intrusive-issues/

Wow. Religion really has America by the nuts, huh. How do you get out of that mess?
0 Replies