68
   

The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:10 am
@Thomas,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
fake Republicans.
Thomas wrote:

Did you consider yourself a fake Republican back in 1981, when Reagan dragged the Republicans to the right---betraying the party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Earl Warren, Gerald Ford, and Pete McCloskey? You should have. After all, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
No, because it is the party of Original Americanism
as of the founding of this Republic (as Constitutionally amended).

To the extent that those that u mentioned did not represent that philosophy (filosofy),
thay were fake Republicans. Ike was elected for conquering Hitler.

We had no loyalty (never did) toward Earl Warren, nor Gerald Ford.



David
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Love it. And I must say that this directly mirrors everything I read on Conservative sites across the web.

Cycloptichorn
Well, reciprocally: I love that.
The heart of Republicanism and the reason for the existence of the GOP is conservatism.
Without us, it is nothing, with no purpose.

For that reason, I doubt that Romney has much future in it.
Maybe he 'll become a Democrat, as John Lindsay did.





David


Well, that may be so; but surely you realize that this is going to present a major problem for the upcoming electoral campaign for your side.

Cycloptichorn
Thomas
 
  5  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
We had no loyalty (never did) toward Earl Warren, nor Gerald Ford.

Then why did your presidents make them chief justice and vice president respectively?
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  8  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Jesus, you just make it up as you go along. The Republicans did not run a presidential candidate until 1856, 80 years after the declaration of independence. When they did win in1860, it was because of the support of the anti-slavery radical wing of the party, and anti-slavery was about as unconstitutional as you can get. You're clueless. If you had a shred of honesty in your body, you'd never comment on history. Thomas nailed you to the wall, but you either can't see it, or you're too dishonest to admit it.
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  5  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

]
Thomas wrote:

Did you consider yourself a fake Republican back in 1981, when Reagan dragged the Republicans to the right---betraying the party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Earl Warren, Gerald Ford, and Pete McCloskey? You should have. After all, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
No, because it is the party of Original Americanism
as of the founding of this Republic (as Constitutionally amended).

To the extent that those that u mentioned did not represent that philosophy (filosofy),
thay were fake Republicans. Ike was elected for conquering Hitler.

We had no loyalty (never did) toward Earl Warren, nor Gerald Ford.
David


The Republican party (or any other like organization) has no enduring essence or character. It is (or they are) whatever their current menbers, supporters and leaders make it. There are central tendencies observable in history over time, but even they change and evolve.

There are many varieties of Republicans and Democrats as well. None of them are necessarily "fake". This is a democracy after all, and people are free to change their political affiliations and even to work to alter the priorities of the party to which they are affiliated.

While OmSigDAVID may feel no loyalty to earl Warren or Gerald Ford, he has no stature or authority giving him the right to speak for others, or to cover himself with the mantle of some non existent enduring authenticity while doing so.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  4  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
The Romneys r R.I.N.O.s.; fake Republicans.

Thay 'd drag America 's conservative party to the left, toward collectivist-authoritianism.


perhaps you have to accept that the Republican party does not represent conservatism as you understand it.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:50 am
Bachmann throws in the towel.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57352112-503544/michele-bachmann-drops-out-of-gop-race/
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:55 am
@engineer,
A good deal of the fun has gone out of the campaign. We're losing the comic relief aspect of this race.
failures art
 
  2  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:57 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

A good deal of the fun has gone out of the campaign. We're losing the comic relief aspect of this race.

See, I think Bachmann will now up the entertainment since political blowback is something she doesn't have to worry about.

I'm looking forward to the awesome 10 months of crazy where she ends up creating messes from the sidelines.

A
R
T
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 12:12 pm
@failures art,
We still have Santorum.
blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 01:11 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

We still have Santorum.


you should clean that up and launder the sheets. Maybe a course of penicillin too.
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  4  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 01:13 pm
My Facebook post re: Bachmann's next move.

Dear Michelle Bachmann

I have a wonderful idea for you. As Jesus, who you claim as your savior and guide chose to hang out with and perform miracles for the pagan dregs of society, I suggest you sign all your healthcare benefits over to me and my family. It won't cost you anything because you don't pay for it, and it will give you even MORE bragging rights to what a superior Christian you are. If you or any of your family gets sick why, you can just pray away the sickness, you know like praying away the gay. We all know how well that works. What a win win situation and a chance to walk the walk instead of talking the talk while accepting subsidies from the government. :0)
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  3  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 01:50 pm
Apparently David (godIdolovehimso) suffers from the same kind of selective (and amnesiac) memory that so many contemporary Republicans do. What did he say? That the GOP was the party of American Original ism? Who's he kidding?
The term "Originalism" referring to a theory of Constitutional interpretation was only coined in the 1980s.
And it will, hopefully, be forgotten about two weeks after Scalia is has gasped his last.
Joe(yes. I know he's not the only idiot trying to stick with it.)Nation
failures art
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 01:55 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

We still have Santorum.

All the more reason to think Bachmann will raise her volume. It's going to be torture to be out of the spotlight. She'll absolutely hate that someone else is the torch bearer of the conservative christian groups she feels entitled to lead.

A
R
T
Joe Nation
 
  3  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 02:21 pm
@failures art,
Don't get her mixed up with the former half term Governor of Alaska.

Bachmann has been spewing her kind of alternate reality statements for years, yet apparently has found a niche in Michigan where it's so cold you lose the ability to bother about what your Congressional Representative is saying, you just vote for her.

Joe(she's clueless, but still able to fool about 5,000 Iowans)Nation
realjohnboy
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 02:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
Bachmann is going to have to decide, probably sooner than later, whether to run for reelection to the U.S. House seat from Minnesota. Or to go to work for Fox as a highly visible talking head.
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
they don't have enough empty heads?
0 Replies
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
Sad to think she may actually have to get a real job.
Even sadder if it turns out to be a job where she's on the tube 24/7.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:15 pm
@Joe Nation,
I wish she (Bachmann) was from Michigan....
0 Replies
 
realjohnboy
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 05:24 pm
A throw-away story at the end of NPR's All Things Considered news program talked about how many Iowans are happy to see the spotlight turned off.
And Rick Perry went back to Texas to think about his future, only to come back a few hours later declaring that he will forge ahead in SC. Paraphrasing an article, he leaves "quirky" Iowa and looks forward to spreading his message to "real" Republicans in the south.
Romney got 25% of the vote in Iowa (31K) vs an almost identical result in 2008.
He lost badly to Mike Huckabee there then but last night it was good enough for a tie. The reason: Santorum, Gingrich, Perry and Bachmann split the vote of folks to the right of him (50% or so excluding Paul).
Nationally, that could be a problem for Romney. He seems to be stuck on 25%.
There apparently will be a gathering this weekend amongst party poobahs who dislike Mitt to try to unite behind a single candidate.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.11 seconds on 05/31/2023 at 10:44:18