The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

spendius

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:53 am
Why is extending the payroll tax cut automatically seen as a good thing? If it is a good thing why isn't it made permanent?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 06:15 am
@spendius,
Quote:
If it is a good thing why isn't it made permanent?

I am surprised that you do not have an answer to that being that you said this about the video rosborne979 shared with all of us.

Quote:
I watched it all rl. There's nothing new in it. It's just the glib exploitation of disenchantment.

It seems that congress is able to use these types of things as leverage.
At 7 1/2 min into the video Larry talks about these types of practices.

spendius

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:02 am
@reasoning logic,
Well rl--I understood that. There's nothing new in it. It's the female modus operandi isn't it. Washington is a whore. Everybody knows that. And, like all kept women, insatiable. Her pleasure knows no limits--her voice is like a meadow lark--her heart is like an ocean--mysterious and dark. Which must represent the Tea Party's visceral feeling.

I was really referring to the tenor of the news broadcasts I've seen. As if not extending the tax cut is going to render 200 million Americans into down-and-outs. Extending the tax cut might well be a grave mistake. In the metaphor herein the equivalent of a lady sat with her knees apart sucking a lollipop and staring you out.

Your bozo is too respectable. He makes it seem that there's nothing that 300 million free Americans can do about it. I watch Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert. Laurence is a mummie's boy. He likes to tickle a suspicion that you're all being fucked over. Max and Stacy lay it on the line--fast. With no frills.

Although I wouldn't mind betting that Stacy has some frillies in her lingerie armoury.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 08:40 am
Apparently Chris Christie is more open to the idea of VP than he was to running for Prez. Interesting twist... the Rs don't have a candidate for president they can get behind in large numbers but maybe having CC as a side man would invoke some interest in the candidate himself. Now.... who is the most likely candidate to pick CC as a running mate? I'm thinking Romney will jump 5-8% in the national polls over the next week on this idea alone.
spendius

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 10:40 am
@JPB,
Which one might assume is a bid for 2020 when he will be 58. Years that is--not stones. Or 2016 if the P is re-elected.

From Wiki he seems a match for Putin & Co.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 11:21 am
Just learned th a t Ron Paul is a racial bigot, and I once believed he had a good shot for my vote.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Where are you getting this from?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
On the Maddow show last night.

Try this: http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/23/9657848-not-buying-the-ron-paul-defense
JPB

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Is this about the newsletters from the 90s that he supposedly didn't write, didn't read until 10 years later, and is now disavowing?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just did a quick search and found that he profited off of racial jokes and his comment seem to be that it was someone else making a joke but some how he received money from the nonsense.
I have heard him say some brilliant things but I have never checked him out and I too was leaning toward voting for him.
JPB

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
He's pretty conservative on social issues. He's got some strange isolationist and fiscal positions and these old newsletters are coming back to bite him in the ass.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
@JPB,
I do not know Ron Paul very well but I have heard him say some things that need to be said but when I read the negative about him it seems to out weight the positive by ten times.
It amazes me how some people can be so smart and also say some of the dumbest things.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:16 pm
Just a followup on Newt getting on the Repub ballot for the March 6th primary in Virginia.
He collected 11050 signatures, mostly since Saturday. Party officials will spend the rest of today verifying that at least 10000 of the names are of registered voters and at least 400 live in each of the state's 11 congressional districts.
Some GOP insiders suggest that Newt will fall short. Romney, Paul, Perry each collected 15000 signatures which meant that, under party rules, they are excluded from having their petitions reviewed. Significant is the fact that Romney et all got the bulk of their signatures at the polls last month. Newt got many of his from paid solicitors standing outside Wal-Marts this past week.
Romney's people reviewed some 5000 of the sigs on his petitions and found that 90% were legit RV's.
The review of Newt's petition should be done around midnight tonight. Word should leak out tomorrow although the official result is scheduled for next week.
The only reason this may be of any importance is that a knock on the Newt campaign has been that they are not very well organized.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:27 pm
@JPB,
Isn't it amazing? So, if he becomes president, he'll disavow anything coming out of the white house. Yup; take responsibility only for what you "remember." LOL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:42 pm
It doesn't look good for democrats for future elections.

Quote:
WASHINGTON – More than 2.5 million voters have left the Democratic and Republican parties since the 2008 elections, while the number of independent voters continues to grow.

A USA TODAY analysis of state voter registration statistics shows registered Democrats declined in 25 of the 28 states that register voters by party. Republicans dipped in 21 states, while independents increased in 18 states. The trend is acute in states that are key to next year's presidential race. In the eight swing states that register voters by party, Democrats' registration is down by 800,000 and Republicans' by 350,000. Independents have gained 325,000.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 03:16 pm
@JPB,
With regard to Chris Christie as a VP choice by Romney, JPB:
I can not imagine the Repubs choosing a geographically unbalanced ticket: Mass and NJ.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 06:41 pm
Ooh, Trump's threatening to run as an Independent!

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-opens-way-independent-white-house-run-212103063.html
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 06:51 pm
@sozobe,
Perry fails to qualify to be on the Repub primary ballot in Virginia, according to Repub officials tonight.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:19 pm
@sozobe,
He'll do it for the publicity that he'll get, and not from anything else.