The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:24 pm
I doubt there is ANY hope for intelligent or meaningful change regardless of which boob tries to be America's figurehead - as a species, we seem dumber than dirt and truly believe that all is well in America and with the World, which is a serious falsehood. And incapable of learning from the past or changing our ways.
roger

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:50 pm
@Rockhead,
So you know better than to even try.

Mr. Green
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:52 pm
@babsatamelia,
Stay home that day.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:53 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
if they are not discussable, why in the hell did you bring them up???

To make you think.
spendius

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:57 pm
@spendius,
I'll up the ante Rockie. It's five, not four. I thought of another walking to the pub.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:59 pm
@spendius,
to make me think you're a goober?

were you doing the silly walk thing again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wippooDL6WE
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:59 pm
@babsatamelia,
You may be right but we have changed over the years and hopefully the internet is going to shed some light on many things that we have been doing wrong.

Hope is about all we have but an education seems to be very helpful.
Most people do not educate themselves in areas of human behavior.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 06:04 pm
@Rockhead,
That's silly walking that has been exaggerated for those who can't see ordinary silly walking.

It's nowhere near as funny as Mr Obama bounding up every short flight of steps he encounters in public.
roger

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:41 pm
@spendius,
Would it be okay if he also did it when noone was watching?
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:44 pm
Watching the debate in Iowa. A waste of time, so far.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 09:52 pm
@realjohnboy,
Newt comes out unscathed. Mitt disappears into the woodwork. Bachmann does okay. Paul probably gains.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 10:39 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
The man is batshit crazy.

As popular as it is to dismiss him that way, he isn't insane. I think this is shorthand for saying he hold some positions you find extreme. What are they?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 10:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Robert, do you consider yourself a pacifist?

Depends on what that means to you. I don't personally identify as one because most of those I've found who identify themselves that way reject all violence and I only reject violence that does not reconcile itself with my own moral code.

The center of my moral compass is to favor solutions that cause the least suffering. I object to violence that I believe causes net suffering but would not object to violence that caused a net reduction in suffering.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 11:57 pm
The US lost 653,000 private sector jobs during Bush’s two terms.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:30 am
@plainoldme,
It's not so much how many jobs were lost, but how many he failed to create with his tax cuts - that he promised.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
And the unemployment rate now is HIGHER than it ever was under Bush.
Explain that, without blaming Bush.
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 05:16 am
@roger,
Quote:
Would it be okay if he also did it when noone was watching.

It would be okay in the sense of it not being illegal but it would be more questionable because then it would say something significant about his own state of mind. A bit like Mr Reagan boasting that he could get his trousers on without sitting down.

Mr Obama's bounding up every short flight of steps he encounters to reach raised platforms in public says something significant about his perception of the American public's attitude to displays of youthful energy and putative virility.

If Mr Cleese performed as shown when no-one was watching I think people would be justified in thinking he was nuts. Don't you?

Actually, when I consider this important matter more carefully, I have seen Mr Obama bound up longer flights of steps, to board a plane, but on those occasions when accompanied by Mrs Obama he has taken them sedately. Which suggests that he thinks ladies are partially incapacitated for mounting stairs compared to men. A sort of sub-conscious misogyny really like when some uxorious men help a lady to sit at table or pass through doors or change the wheel on their motor-car.

Mr Bush's "gunslinger" walk was commented on a lot here and Mr Blair even began imitating it.

Herman Cain walked pretty good I would say. I've not had a view of Mr Gingrich's legs yet.

The wits said that Mrs Thatcher walked like a lady urgently seeking a toilet.

Mr Obama looks best when strolling with his hands in his pockets.
roger

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 05:48 am
@spendius,
That's hilarious. Haven't decided on its importance.

Reagan really said that, and asked us to take it on faith?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 07:29 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
And the unemployment rate now is HIGHER than it ever was under Bush.
Explain that, without blaming Bush.

Damn MM, you are way smarter than that I thought.

There's two tacks I could take (wait maybe three)

Unemployment was lower under Hitler - yay Hitler!

There was no world war 2 under the primer ministership of George Chamberlain - clearly Winston Churchill was a fuckwit.

But veering away from your pathetic logic - What were world wide unemployment rates like in developed nations while the USA was ruled by Bush? And now they are all higher? Must be because Bush is gone. I know you aren't that dumb but you've got work with me.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:29 am
@babsatamelia,
I agree with you that the president is only a figurehead unless he is backed by a cartel of sorts, which explains the 'success' of that boob, W.
0 Replies