The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

plainoldme

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:32 am
@mysteryman,
I could give you the loooooonnnnnnggggg history which reaches back to the 1960s which you will neither accept nor understand. Besides, I have posted it here before. I have to check papers and clean my house: next week will be a busy one for me and I don't have time to waste stating the obvious that what is happening now has nothing to do with Obama, or W, or any figurehead occupying the WH.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:33 am
Luke Skywalker Syndrome: a condition of some common occurrence among members of the American left and/or liberals who seek to find merit in either republicans and/or conservatives; the causes championed by such groups; the legislation proposed by the same. The syndrome has its origin in the statements of Luke in the film Return of the Jedi.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 11:38 am
"I'll Bet You 10,000 dollars..."
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
Newt has the gall to denigrate all Palestinians saying they teach their kids to kill Jews. How many Palestinians does he know personally?

Newt is a danger to not only the world, but to this country if he takes the helm as our president. He doesn't think before he opens his mouth, and we already know he also probably shoots from the hips like GW Bush.

Our country doesn't need another war.

Newt doesn't understand foreign affairs or policy. He only angers Arabs all around the world.

What other minority is he going to attack next?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
Not a shining moment for Romney.

I would have said it was nearly impossible for Newt to win this thing a few months ago...

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:36 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

And the unemployment rate now is HIGHER than it ever was under Bush.
Explain that, without blaming Bush.

That's difficult to do, seeing as he was the guy who was ultimately responsible for the nation's lack of oversight at that time. He and his party - your party - honestly believed that the industry would self-regulate. It was incredibly foolish.

But, an attempt at your question, would be to say: the housing and generalized property bubble fueled a gigantic rise in employment in the Construction industry. The advent of two simultaneous wars did similar in the defense industry. The crash, and winding down of the wars, has caused the vast majority of job losses we've seen over the last 4 years; this has then been compounded by a foolish turn to Austerity, which has caused even more gov't jobs to be lost. None of it has much anything to do with Obama at all....

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:49 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
mm doesn't understand cause and effect. He still doesn't realize that the Great Recession hit the whole world's economies, and all that happened under GW Bush's watch. If he wants to blame any president, there's only one GW Bush who ran our country down the sewer from 2000 to 2008 with his two unpaid for wars, tax cuts, and worst job creation since the Great Recession.

Some people are just blind to reality.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 07:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
On the contrary, I do understand cause and effect, nor am I excusing the blunders Bush made.
NOWHERE in any of my posts have I excused Bush or said that he was not responsible in any way, and I defy you to find any post where I have.

However, since Obama has now been President since January of 2009, when will he start getting any of the blame for the mess this country is in?
After all, no matter how bad Bush was, the Clinton rule is now in effect.
Since Bush is no longer president, you cant blame him for the actions or inactions of our govt and economy now.

That is the rule that the left used whenever Clintons name was mentioned after Bush was sworn in.

Now, I freely admit that Bush screwed up, but that does not excuse the actions of Obama has taken.
Remember, its Obama's budgets that we have been working under for the last 2 years, not Bush.
So the responsibility now lies with Obama.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 07:44 pm
@mysteryman,
What "mess" are you trying to say Obama created? The GOP has been saying "no" to almost every legislation brought forward by Obama - even to help small business.

This is not your regular downturn in our economy; it's a worldwide recession without any help from the GOP who said early in Obama's presidency that their main goal is to make Obama fail.

Yes, we can blame Bush and the current GOP in congress; the No Party.

Quote:
July 10, 2011 08:00 AM
McConnell: Stopping Obama's re-election still 'single most important' goal

Even with the country on the brink of default, the Senate's highest ranking Republican says his "single most important" goal is to make Barack Obama a one-term president.

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told National Journal's Major Garrett in October.

Fox News' Bret Baier asked McConnell Sunday if that was still his major objective.

"Well, that is true," McConnell replied. "That's my single most important political goal, along with every active Republican in the country."

"But that is in 2012," he added. "Our biggest goal for this year is get this country straightened out and we can't get this country straightened out if we don't do something about spending, about deficit, about debt and get the economy moving again. So our goal is to have a robust vibrant economy to benefit all Americans."

McConnell told Baier that a "Grand Bargain," where Republicans agree to tax hikes in exchange for cutting Social Security and Medicare benefits, was likely off the table.

"I think it is. Everything they told me and the Speaker is to get a big package would require big tax increases in the middle of the economic situation that is extraordinarily difficult with 9.2% unemployment. We think it's a terrible idea. It's a job-killer."

"Nobody is talk about not raising the debt ceiling," McConnell later insisted.

Taking a break from debt limit talk, the Senate's top Republican also said that it was time to send more terrorism suspects to the detention center at Guantanamo Bay.

"They are going the try a couple of foreign terrorists in Kentucky, my state, whose fingerprints were found on IED's in Iraq. These foreign terrorists are enemy combatants. They should be taken to Guantanamo. They should be tried in military commissions."

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Not a shining moment for Romney.

I would have said it was nearly impossible for Newt to win this thing a few months ago...

Cycloptichorn

That is in big part because so few people are willing to self report the truth that there is no way in hell that they will ever vote for Romney, both because he is Mormon and because he is untrustworthy. He will say what ever you want to hear, not the truth, an he is not one of us (because he is Mormon). There must be 100 people better than the current pack who are now very sorry that they did not get in this thing, people who took Americans at our word that we would seriously consider Romney.

Newt is now seen as the best of the rest, which considering his history is scary.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,

The GOP works very hard at winning the presidency in 2012 by making Obama fail at every turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgiStQrk2Q4

hingehead

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 10:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Didn't he say Palestinians were an 'invented people'? WTF?

Oh here it is - he did say it:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2011/12/10/wr-gingrich-palestinian-people.cnn

Right Newt - Americans are an invented people too - they were just part of the British Empire. Let's not even get into what Israelis are. Sheeit.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 10:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wow - next time I think our political debating gets childish I'll read those youtube comments again! Very Happy
plainoldme

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 06:09 am
Originally posted by a man named Shelton on Si Kahn's FB home page:

Brokeback Mountain western jacket: $120.00
30 second national political campaign ad: $ 340,000.00
Fodder for late night talk show humor: Priceless!"
plainoldme

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 06:09 am
@plainoldme,
As I've said elsewhere, perry is a bully about his faith.
spendius

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 06:45 am
@plainoldme,
Govenor is a bully office. That's what it is for. 25 million people need to be bullied to stop them descending into anarchy and general all round bullying.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:51 am
Romney-Gingrich is heating up!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/12/return_of_mean_newt.php?ref=fpblg

Quote:
12.12.2011 — 11:26 AM
Return of Mean Newt

It looks like Nice Newt (tm) lasted about 48 hours. Behold the return of Mean Newt.

Asked this morning whether he should give back his Freddie Mac money, as Mitt Romney suggested, Newt responded: "I would just say that if Gov. Romney would like to give back all of the money he's earned from bankrupting companies and laying off employees over his years at Bain, that I would be glad to listen to him."

Yowza!

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:08 am
@Cycloptichorn,
OUCH! And that's only the beginning.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The GOP is not now, nor has it ever been, " my party".
I have said on here many times that I am not now nor have I ever been a member of any political party.
I am a conservative, but there is much about the GOP I disagree with, and there are parts of the dem platform I do agree with.

You are the one that wants to deny reality by ignoring my statement about me not being a Republican.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:22 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

The GOP is not now, nor has it ever been, " my party".
I have said on here many times that I am not now nor have I ever been a member of any political party.
I am a conservative, but there is much about the GOP I disagree with, and there are parts of the dem platform I do agree with.

You are the one that wants to deny reality by ignoring my statement about me not being a Republican.

I just find it to be disingenuous, that's all. You agree with them on basically every position and you support them all the time in your posts. You spend the vast majority of the time attacking Dems and the Liberal position.

You can call it whatever you want, but the truth is that the standard-bearers for the policies YOU support were the ones who were responsible for overseeing the nation during the period leading to the financial crash. And they failed spectacularly at it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies