The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 07:15 am
@revelette,
The middle class should become the underclass. Confucious he say that man who stands in middle of road gets run over by traffic going in both directions.

They neither work nor manage. All they know is expansion and they are now out of control. They win every election. It doesn't matter which gump is head honcho. You'll need a permit to pick your nose before long as a result of some kid who picked his nose so vigorously that he drew blood on the sensitive inner membrane and allowed some venom from under his fingernails to penetrate the blood barrier and died. Or, at least, the middle class will issue guidelines on healthy nose-picking methods. There will be uniformed inspectors stationed at traffic lights to catch those motorists who pick their noses inappropriately whilst waiting for the green signal.

Traffic lights were an invention of the middle class. A necessary one of course when the middle class had expanded to the point where it defined itself by owning a car and an addiction to perpetual motion in ever increasing orbits. And fitted wardrobes. And freshening sprays.

And the middle class is really too big to fail.

That the oil producers end up taking over civilisation is a foregone conclusion.

The middle class in football, the manager, the guy in between the workers and the bosses, gets fired on a regular basis. He's lost the dressing room they say. Well--the middle class has lost the workers. Blokes come in the pub expressing astonishment at what they had heard on the news. Ten times a week at least. What the toffs think about it can be seen on their faces.

It has got to the point of giving itself awards and certificates to prove how superior it is to the other two classes.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 01:50 pm
Rick Perry just completed his speech to the Values Voter Summit. He was introduced by a fundamentalist minister who emphasized that Perry was a true Christian.
Perry tried to take a stronger line on immigration after he was criticized for allowing American born children of illegals to get in-state tuition at Texas colleges.
Today he advocated the U.S. to take military action in Mexico against "Narcho-Terrorists."
JTT

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 01:52 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Today he advocated the U.S. to take military action in Mexico against "Narcho-Terrorists."

Gee, another presidential contender suggesting the US commit more war crimes. I have to say that I, for one, am shocked.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:10 pm
@plainoldme,

So the converse of what Cain is saying is

"If you are poor, don't blame yourself."

This might be all well and good if Robin M and POM didn't insist on modifying it to state:

"If you are poor, don't blame yourself; blame the rich."

But Robin M and POM are only reiterating what liberals have been saying for decades -- if you are rich, it's obviously not due to some virtue you hold, but to your stealing from thousands of now poor people their fair share of the common wealth.

Hey if you want the poor to be fatalistic about their misfortune and not look inward to see if they can do anything to change the variable over which they have the most control, that's fine. I suppose there's a point of view that holds that an individual's self-esteem is more important than material success.

Don't beat yourself up because your poor, it's not your fault,there's nothing you can do about it.

Obviously though, that's not what they are suggesting be done. Instead their message is:

Don't waste time taking stock of your life and assessing the choices you've made, identify the people who have what you do not have, because they are the reason you are poor. They took your share and the shares of thousands of others just like you.

If all of the safety nets that have been put in place over the years haven't made you prosper, then ignore the fact that this isn't what they were designed to do, and demand what you deserve: Prosperity! And demand it from the people who stole it from you in the first place, The Rich!

There are a lot more of you than there are them. The numbers you represent couldn't all be somehow "flawed" and responsible for their current situation -- there are just too many of you. On the other hand, their numbers are certainly small enough to represent all of the people in the country who are "flawed" in that they are willing to steal yor wealth for themselves. It's simple math!

Instead of looking to yourselves for the way to prosperity, it's time someone else stepped up and took responsibility for you!
Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Don't waste time taking stock of your life and assessing the choices you've made" blah blah blah...

if the poor just made better choices, they would be ok...

Conservatism in a nut shell.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"Don't waste time taking stock of your life and assessing the choices you've made" blah blah blah...

if the poor just made better choices, they would be ok...

Conservatism in a nut shell.

If the rich would just give back they money they steal, no one would have to make any choices.

Leftist ideology in a nutshell.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I feel so sorry for those corporations that are just looking out for the nice people here.

they really do care, you know...
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:38 pm
The Perry campaign this afternoon is in full retreat after megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress introduced the candidate at the Values Voter Summit. Perry's people claim they had no role in picking Jeffress - who describes Mormonism as a cult - as a speaker.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quick rise...quick fall.

Not what I expected.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
Now there was a dumb idea (in my point of view).

Not that I entirely discount that we don't have our fingers in various pies.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If the rich would just give back they money they steal, no one would have to make any choices.

Leftist ideology in a nutshell.

No, that's simply one of your many delusions, Finn.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:27 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I feel so sorry for those corporations that are just looking out for the nice people here.

they really do care, you know...

No, I don't think they care much at all except to the extent that their profits are enhanced.

Corporations are nothing more than organizations of people, and all of those people have their personal feelings, so to the extent that some of those people "care" I guess you could say at least some part of the corporation does as well.

I could take the Left more seriously if it didn't always want to make everything so damned personal.

Aside from the fact that corporations can't care about people, it doesn't matter whether they do or not.

If you feel that it is impossible for a fair balance to be established, by the marketplace, between turning a profit and operating within a healthy society, then there are always government regulations to consider (I'm sure you know something about them don't you?)

There's no reason for you to always frame the issue in terms of good and evil, predator and prey or caring and heartless...and yet you always do.

It's far too heartless of us to say the poor should blame themselves for the straits in which they find themselves.

Apparently we also cannot say that it's not through any fault of their own that they are poor, it must be just be bad luck or God's will.

The only acceptable observation, it would seem, is that the only ones to blame for some people being poor are the rich.

Is this because a person's not really much a victim when all he can blame for his predicament is Bad Luck or God? More like a fallen leaf blowing in the wind, and that's hardly the sort of image that builds self-esteem.

Or is that victims of supernatural forces ,while deserving our pity, cannot really make a legitimate claim for anything but our charity?

If, on the other hand, the victim can identify the offender responsible for his or her condition, restitution and justice can be demanded. It's awkward to make an argument that anyone has a right to charity, but not justice. That right is not only easier to articulate, it's sacred.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Apparently we also cannot say that it's not through any fault of their own that they are poor, it must be just be bad luck or God's will."

you find yourself in this position because you demonize the poor as a demographic. consistently...

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"Apparently we also cannot say that it's not through any fault of their own that they are poor, it must be just be bad luck or God's will."

you find yourself in this position because you demonize the poor as a demographic. consistently...

There you go again...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 03:40 am
@Rockhead,
You forgot 'lazy.'

Just wondering how all those middle class conservatives are doing with bigger tax cuts for the rich? Any lose their jobs and/or homes - or are they immune?
spendius

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 04:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
There was a chap on CBS News last night sobbing about being unemployed. He looked about 25 stone. ( 270 pounds about).
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 06:18 am

Herman Cain ‘one of the people’ at Costco
parados

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 06:39 am
@H2O MAN,
Cain's book is fiction?
0 Replies

Lambchop

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Prosperity! And demand it from the people who stole it from you in the first place, The Rich!

I'd just like to see them pay their fair share of taxes for a change. And before you say they already do, check out this statement from Warren Buffet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5B-2LoC4s
revelette

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 11:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I am not going to go point by point. I am just going to broadly state that no one wants to take from the rich to give to the poor. What my point was when I left a link on how the disparity between the richest in America has been growing and the middle class has been disappearing is that for the most part it is through no fault of their own. Companies have not been hiring and they have been underpaying those who are working. Those are simply facts which can be have been verified.

It is hard for someone who works hard sometimes at two or three jobs, (I am not talking about regular low paying jobs like fast food joints, but regular skilled jobs) and wages stagnate while everything from gas to health care just keeps going up. It is hard to send your kids college in those conditions which just makes the cycle worse. I mean this isn’t rocket science and I think a lot more people relate to this rather than Herman Cain's rants of blaming working people for being poor. We will see in the election cycle.