The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:17 pm
@Magginkat,
Excellent article on Perry; now, if only, the conservatives have this information - what will they do with it? LOL
RABEL222

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 10:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They will do what they always do. Ignore it and make up stuff to counter the facts.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:37 pm
The Repubs will debate Monday night in Florida. It should be a good one twixt Romney and Perry and Bachmann and Perry if the moderator gives her equal time.
Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
You might want to look that post over and change one of the names.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:46 pm
@Setanta,
How so?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
The Repubs will debate Monday night in Florida. It should be a good one twixt Romney and Perry and Bachmann and Perry if the moderator gives her equal time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 06:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, Can you clear up your sentence a bit? Appreciate it. T.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 06:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
The Moderator is not about to give equal time to any of the second tier candidates

It doesn't matter whether the moderating network is MSNBC or Fox: Neither of them are looking for a meaningful deabate, rather than TV entertainment.

The difference is that MSNBC recognizes that the entertainment of it's core audience requires over the top criticism of conservatives.

Wait..MSNBC audience and A2K Liberals?

Equivalents?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 06:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not sure what I have gotten wrong.
Perry, if he rides into Florida astride his horse, Fed Up, shouting that SS is a Ponzi scheme, will not be received well unless he can distance himself from the notion that he wants to abolish it.
Romney will be seen as the voice of reason.
And Bachmann will position herself between Perry and Romney.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
You wrote,
Quote:
and Perry if the moderator gives her equal time.

I'm probably missing something here. Not uncommon.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 03:36 am
@realjohnboy,
Perry is not a "her," and you had already listed Perry once. Were you having a "senior moment," when you wrote that? It appears that you are having some trouble understanding how confusing the sentence is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 03:37 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

You have "twixt Romney and Perry and Bachmann and Perry" . . . it appears that you have listed Perry twice, and for no discernable literary reason. Furthermore, you have ". . . and Perry if the moderator gives her equal time." To whom does "her" refer?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 03:35 pm
Quote:
There is a lot of buzz about CNN's new poll that shows Rick Perry seemingly solidifying his lead among Republican in the primary contest. Forty-two percent of Republicans think Rick Perry has the best shot at beating Barack Obama. Forty-five percent of seniors support Perry compared to 21% for Mitt Romney.
There is one question that is not getting as much attention, though in my mind it explains every other question. CNN asked, "Which Republican candidate is most likely to fight for their beliefs?" The winner? Rick Perry with 29%, followed by Sarah Palin at 23%. Mitt Romney? Michele Bachmann? They tied at 11%.
The answer to the question really says very little about Rick Perry and a great deal about Mitt Romney. It plays into the "opportunist" critique that many primary voters have of Romney.
In his book, Mitt Romney compared those responsible for the "looming bankruptcy" of Social Security to people engaged in a criminal enterprise, but this year he attacks Rick Perry for calling it a Ponzi scheme.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/12/opinion/erickson-poll-romney-trust/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

getting to why Romney can not win...the REPUBS should be alarmed that the party is so weak that it could not keep this good for nothing proven loser from sucking up so much of the air in the primary...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 05:41 pm
Gov Jan Brewer (R - AZ) set the state's Repub primary for 2/28/2011. This puts it ahead of the RNC's mandate that no states, other than Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina could go earlier then 3/8.
Or else.
South Carolina is scheduled for 2/28 also. The primary there will probably be moved forward. Florida wants a primary for January 31st. If they stick to that, the primaries/caucus in the 4 so called early states could move up to December.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
The Tea Party Express Florida debate begins now.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:08 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
it appears that you have listed Perry twice, and for no discernable literary reason.

Not 'appears', Set, does have Perry twice. As to there being "no discernible literary reason", one immediately leaped to mind.

Two contests - one between Romney and Perry and the other between Bachmann and Perry.

That's what it suggests to me. Perhaps, this,

It should be a good one twixt Romney and Perry AND Bachmann and Perry

Quote:
Furthermore, you have ". . . and Perry if the moderator gives her equal time." To whom does "her" refer?

Bachmann, being the only person of the female gender mentioned would have to qualify as the antecedent of the referential pronoun 'her'.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 08:06 pm
The debate was quite interesting. I thought Blitzer did a good job of giving the candidates roughly equal time. The issue about Perry's reference to SS as a "ponzi scheme" led the discussion but, in my mind, was a bit of old news without little traction.
Perry and others emphasized that no person currently retired or near to retirement would be impacted.
Beyond that, I lot of topics were discussed.
Who do you all think won?
georgeob1

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 08:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
I missed it , but may catch some excerpts later. How did the Romney -Perry interchanges go in your viewpoint?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 08:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Appreciate, George, that I am a Dem. I thought that Romney got in a few jabs vs Perry. So he might have "won." Perhaps.
But the debate was in Florida, the land of the old folks. I think all of the candidates wanted to move away from SS as quickly as possible. And they did. On to jobs, border security and immigration and the giving of shots to young girls for cervical cancer. The target was Perry.
Again, I would like to hear from Repubs here with reviews. From my perspective, Perry got bruised a bit.
Gingrich did okay. Bachmann made little progress.
At one point Paul got a few boos.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 08:49 pm
@realjohnboy,
Those boos translates into a loss.
0 Replies