The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Perry showed himself as the true ass he is on stage last night -

And yet he's still preferable to all things Obama
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:21 am
@revelette,
Thats one of the disadvantage of most Americans who don't bother with factchecks of claims made during the debate, and make their decisions on the spot from what they hear.
Below viewing threshold (view)
JTT

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:32 am
@H2O MAN,
Of course he is, to idiots like you, h20boy.

GWB, the village idiot, a terrorist, a liar, a war criminal, all of gigantic proportion, was preferable to you.

Reagan, the original village idiot, a terrorist, a liar, a war criminal, all of gigantic proportion, was preferable to you.

Guys like you thrive on having idiots as their prez. Why is a big mystery.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:33 am
@H2O MAN,
I put you on Ignore, but I'm not going to ignore you on this one You're a ****'n liar. Obama has met"most" of his campaign promises.

Provide fact check on that one?

You lack ethics and any knowledge that's worth a read. Go back into your hole.
Below viewing threshold (view)
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:20 pm

Cain is still in it to win it Cool
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 07:58 pm
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/09/08/156369.jpg
Perry attempts to intimidate Paul?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
You had a mike at the moment?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
What's particularly ironic is that if we subsituted a Progressive for Perry, edgar would be posting

"Progressive schools Paul!"

What is potentially more ironic is the expected edgar reply that he was merely making an observation and had no intention of criticizing Perry, and I am just a madcap Republican.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 03:05 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Cain is still in it to win it Cool

You're being verbose, a lot of unnecessary words there. Get rid of ther 'still in it to,' and it reads a lot better.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:30 am
I still like what I hear out of Huntsman but I'm getting a smarmy vibe when I see him.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are so full of ****, finn. I'm no progressive. I am a liberal.
Magginkat

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:19 pm
September 10, 2011
‘Credible Threats’ Made to US Government
Homeland Security Studying Two-Hour Video from Wednesday Night

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – The Department of Homeland Security said today that it was studying several “credible threats” made to the United States government in a two-hour broadcast Wednesday night from a location believed to be the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California.

Homeland Security spokesman Harland Dorinson said that the Department did not want to alarm the American people, “but whenever you have a group of individuals threatening to dismantle the US government piece by piece, it has to be taken seriously.”

In reviewing the two-hour tape, Homeland Security officials said they found threats to some of the most essential functions of the US government, from Social Security to the Federal Reserve.

While stopping short of saying that the speakers were engaged in some sort of jihad, Mr. Dorinson did note that a tone of religious extremism dominated the video.

“One speaker in particular, seemed bent on rolling back the advances of science and plunging America back into the Dark Ages,” he said.

But the most terrifying moment in the tape came when that same speaker received thunderous applause from the audience after threatening to execute people.

“We’re posting pictures of this individual on our website,” Mr. Dorinson said. “Hopefully he will be captured before he can carry out any of his plans.”
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good for you Edgar. I see ole Finn is still up to his usual BS.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:25 pm
Perry Tales: Rick Is Not Who He Says He Is

by Jim Hightower http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/09/07-2

Presidential wannabe Rick Perry is flitting all around the country — hither, thither and yon — spreading little "Perry Tales" about himself and the many wonders he has worked as governor of Texas.

His top Perry Tale is a creationist story about what he has modestly branded "The Texas Miracle." While the rest of the country is mired in joblessness, says the miracle worker, his state has added 1.2 million jobs during his 10-year tenure.

I've built "a job-creating machine," the governor gushed during one of his recent flits across Iowa, and a Perry PR aide smugly added, "The governor's job creation record speaks for itself."

Actually, it doesn't. Far from having the best unemployment rate in the nation, the Lone Star State ranks a middling 26th, behind New York, Massachusetts and other states whose "liberal" governments he routinely mocks.

Even more damning, Perry's Texas is not creating nearly enough jobs to keep up with its fast-growing population. Those 1.2 million new positions are 629,000 short of the jobs needed just to bring the state's employment level back up to where it was in 2007. Some miracle.

Worse, probe even a millimeter into the million-jobs number that he is sprinkling around like fairy dust, and you'll learn that Perry's jobs are mostly "jobettes" that can't sustain a family. They come with very low pay, no health care or pension, and no employment security, labor rights or upward mobility — many are only part-time and/or temporary positions.

Here's a particularly revealing stat that the Perry pixies don't want us to see: On his watch as governor, Texas added more minimum wage jobs than all the other 49 states combined. More than half a million Texans now work for $7.25 an hour or less. He can brag that he's brought Texans down into a tie with Mississippi for the highest percentage of workers reduced to poverty pay.

Spreading even more fairy dust, Perry claims that his Texas Miracle is the result of him keeping the government out of the private sector's way. But peek behind that ideological curtain, and you'll find this startling fact: During Perry's decade, the greatest job growth by far has come from the public sector, which has more than doubled the number of new jobs created by the private sector.

One out of six employed Texans are now teachers, police officers, highway engineers, military personnel or other government workers — and many of these jobs were created with the federal money that Perry-the-candidate now loudly denounces. Indeed, he's running around ranting about President Obama's stimulus program, but he gladly accepted the third highest amount of stimulus funds taken by the 50 states. There's his miracle.

Interestingly, even his tea-partyish hatred — nay, loathing! — of big government's intrusion into the lives of ordinary citizens turns out to be just another Perry Tale. In fact, there would be no Rick Perry without the steady "intrusion" of government into his life.

Local taxpayers in Haskell County put him through their public school system — for free. He and his family were dry-land cotton farmers, and federal taxpayers helped support them with thousands of dollars in crop subsidies — Perry personally took $80,000 in farm payments.

State and federal taxpayers financed his college education at Texas A&M, even giving him the extracurricular opportunity to be a cheerleader. Upon graduation, he spent four years on the federal payroll as an Air Force transport pilot who never did any combat duty.

Then, in 1984, Perry hit the mother lode of government pay by moving into elected office — squatting there for 27 years and counting. In addition to getting regular paychecks from taxpayers for nearly three decades as a state representative, agriculture commissioner, lieutenant governor and governor, he also receives platinum-level health care coverage and a generous pension from the state, plus $10,000 a month for renting a luxury suburban home, a covey of political and personal aides and even a publicly paid subscription to Food & Wine magazine.

So when this taxpayer-supported lifer flits into your town to declare that he will slash public benefits and make government "as inconsequential as possible," he means in your life, not his.

Perry literally puts the "hype" in hypocrisy. Forget his tall tales and political B.S. — look at what he actually does.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Forgive me Edgar, I obviously don't see the distinction.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your big antlers probably got in the way.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Cue the Eddie Murphy mocking laughter.

Yes, let's go to war on avatars izzy.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/3807149114_d825f26095.jpg
0 Replies