Legitimate Inquiry or McCathyesque Witch-hunt? Congressional hearings on American Muslims.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 03:44 pm
@sozobe,
Muslim terrorists. That's what we are going after. You can call it whatever you want, that's fiine, but we have to remember that Islam has a terrorist sect and always has. Mohammed was a man of war, after all.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 03:51 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Muslim terrorists. That's what we are going after. You can call it whatever you want, that's fiine, but we have to remember that Islam has a terrorist sect and always has.

Pure, unmitigated tripe, oodles of it.

Quote:

Cambodia
Noam Chomsky
The New York Review of Books, June 4, 1970

In 1947, commenting on the rising tide of "anti-Communist" hysteria in the United States, John K. Fairbank made the following perceptive observations:

Our fear of Communism, partly as an expression of our general fear of the future, will continue to inspire us to aggressive anti-Communist policies in Asia and elsewhere, [and] the American people will be led to think and may honestly believe that the support of anti-Communist governments in Asia will somehow defend the American way of life. This line of American policy will lead to American aid to establish regimes which attempt to suppress the popular movements in Indonesia, Indochina, the Philippines, and China…. Thus, after setting out to fight Communism in Asia, the American people will be obliged in the end to fight the peoples of Asia.

This American aggression abroad will be associated with an increasing trend toward anti-Communist authoritarianism within the United States, which its victims will call fascism and which may eventually make it impossible to have discussions like this one today. This American fascism will come, if it comes, because American liberals have joined the American public in a fear of Communism from abroad rather than fascism at home as the chief totalitarian menace.[1]

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/19700604.htm

This, below, is the sole reason that the US went into Afghanistan.

" The primary U.S. goal in the Third World is to ensure that it remains open to U.S. economic penetration and political control. Failing this the United States exerts every effort to ensure that societies that try to strike an independent course ... will suffer the harshest conditions that U.S. power can impose ... "

Noam Chomsky and Edward S. Herman
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 03:54 pm
@JTT,
Why, of course. There is no such thing as Islamic terrorism, the sky is green, the grass is purple, and there is a Wizard of Oz. Noam is an idiot of the first order.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 03:57 pm
@JTT,
Are there any mosques in the USA preaching death to Israel and planning terrorist attacks against Americans and Israelis?
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 03:59 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Noam is an idiot of the first order.

Yeah right, Renaldo. And your excellent, factual based response illustrates that you are a genius.

I know it's not much fun to have those propaganda fantasies blown sky high, but you are an adult, are you not?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:01 pm
@JTT,
Do you answer questions or do you just spout your rhetoric?

Are there any mosques in the USA preaching hatred and planning terrorist attacks on Americans and Israelis?
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:06 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Is there a CIA that has been operating planning terrorist actions against numerous countries since its inception?

Is there a group of terrorists that plan and orchestrate terrorist actions against Cuba in conjunction with the US government?

Have there been numerous US governments that have committed acts of terror against Cuba?

Has there been a terrorist responsible for the bombing of a Cuba airliner, wanted by at least a couple of countries that was pardoned by that war criminal, Bush Sr?

Isn't that a monstrous joke, a war criminal pardoning a terrorist for crimes against humanity?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:07 pm
@JTT,
I think we have the answer to my question. Thanks.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:07 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
Do you answer questions or do you just spout your rhetoric?

Are there any mosques in the USA preaching hatred and planning terrorist attacks on Americans and Israelis?
Note that JTT is not able to reason and has rejected logic.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:09 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Okay, so you are not an adult. Or you are another of these brainless gorms that lap up the BS fed to you by the US government.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:15 pm
@JTT,
Well, let me see now.....that's a good question.....

I don't think the US Government wants to murder me and my family. I do, however, believe that there are many many muslims who would just as soon murder me and my family without any hesitation whatsoever and I also believe they are in my country.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:22 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I don't think the US Government wants to murder me and my family. I do, however, believe that there are many many muslims who would just as soon murder me and my family without any hesitation whatsoever and I also believe they are in my country.

A quick admission that you are a brainless gorm.

"The USSR ... apologized for its past use of violence, [which] ... was unpresidented [sic]. US newspapers concluded that, because the Russians admitted that the invasion of Afghanistan was a crime that violated international law, they were finally joining the civilized world. That's an interesting reaction. Imagine someone in the US media suggesting that maybe the United States ought to try to rise to the moral level of the Kremlin and admit that the attacks against Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia violated international law."~Noam Chomsky

Not only those three countries, Iraq and Afghanistan too. Then there's Nicaragua, Brazil, Guatemala, Indonesia, ... .
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:23 pm
@JTT,
What is a "gorm"?

The only people who read Noam Chumpsky are skinny pimply faced teenage boys who masturbate until their dicks bleed.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:31 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
A brainless gorm is someone like you who has no concept of the facts or of the truth. You responses are typical of such a person. Get up to speed on the facts, Renaldo and stop vomiting this empty-headed propaganda.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:34 pm
@JTT,
I asked you a question and you still haven't answered it. Do you need something simpler or exactly what? If you want to debate the issue then there needs to be communication. I ask you a question, you give your answer and ask me a question. That's how it works, isn't it?
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:45 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:

I don't know. Do you? If you have concerns that there are, you can notify the appropriate legal authorities?

Now, you can answer the following:

Is there a CIA that has been operating planning terrorist actions against numerous countries since its inception?

Is there a group of terrorists that plan and orchestrate terrorist actions against Cuba in conjunction with the US government?

Have there been numerous US governments that have committed acts of terror against Cuba?

Has there been a terrorist responsible for the bombing of a Cuba airliner, wanted by at least a couple of countries that was pardoned by that war criminal, Bush Sr?

Isn't that a monstrous joke, a war criminal pardoning a terrorist for crimes against humanity?

Has there been enormous intervention by the US government in Afghanistan where they cared not at all for the people of Afghanistan, they only cared about "giving the USSR their own Vietnam"?

Why aren't you discussing the gigantic terrorist actions that have been perpetrated upon the people of Iraq and Afghanistan?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:01 pm
@JTT,
I did and so did a lot of other Americans. That is why we are having the hearings. Anything else?

I asked one question. You asked about a dozen. Now pick one and I'll answer it.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:35 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I did and so did a lot of other Americans. That is why we are having the hearings.

See how well the propaganda works. You're probably one of the ones who ran out to get plastic wrap for your windows.

Answer them all. There's got to be a propaganda line for each one. They probably have a one size fits all meme for folks like you.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:38 pm
@JTT,
That's how democracy works. You can do what you want the next time you win the election.

No. I will not answer them all. Pick one and ask it or forget it.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:45 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
That's how democracy works.

Democracy works both ways

Peter King gets to have his hearings and there is nothing that we can do to stop him. Fine. But we get to point out what a hypocritical and bigoted ass Peter King is. Which we will be sure to bring up when the next elections roll around.

Elections are won in the middle. If the Republicans are acting like extremists idiots, sure their right wing base like it, but it makes it a lot easier for the Democrats to look reasonable.

Not that I think this is a bad thing.

By the way, I just heard Sharon Angle is running for Congress in 2012!