Legitimate Inquiry or McCathyesque Witch-hunt? Congressional hearings on American Muslims.

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:46 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
A democracy, now that's hilarious. The rich and the powerful pick tweedledum and tweedledee and you think you are making an informed decision/choice.

Boy, are you dumb!
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:09 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm sure Peter King is not going to lose any sleep over what anyone thinks about him. The right knows the left is going to scream and holler, call him a bigot, etc, etc. That's what they do. Anyone who disagrees with a lefty is a bigot, racist, warmonger, and a homophobe. We all know what the left is going to say before they say it. It's standard. Meanwhile, life goes on and now adults are in charge in the house. Hope and change is over. Now we have to unchange it.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:10 pm
@JTT,
Who did you vote for President in 2008? No, I'm not dumb. How old are you?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:16 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I think he is losing sleep over it. But there is no sense us arguing about it.

But let me say this, as a partisan Democrat who really wants the Democrats to do well in 2012, I am very glad that Peter King is around.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:19 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't think this is going to be a campaign issue. If it is then the left will lose. There are muslim groups in our country who are planning attacks. Anyone who would make that a campaign issue is going to lose.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:31 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I am not afraid of this as a campaign issue, and I am pretty solidly in the left column. As a matter of fact, as long as it is the Republicans who are seen as starting the fight, it is a very good fight for the Democrats. There will be a underlying theme of "look at how extreme the Republicans have become" that will be underlying the 2012 campaign. Because of the antics of King, and Bachmann and Sharon Angle, the Democrats don't even have to push this narrative (and they are wisely just letting it play out on its own).

It was pretty telling that the highlight from Peter King's little hearing was Keith Ellison's passionate story of the young Muslim hero who was accused because of his religion even as he was giving his life saving others on 9/11.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:34 pm
@maxdancona,
What "fight" are the republicans starting?

Keith Ellison is a political mouthpiece, nothing more. Lefties are great at sob stories. Someone needs to bring him up to speed that those tactics are long out of date. The muslim who died on 9/11 has nothing to do with these hearings. These hearings are not about Islam. These hearins are about Islamic terrorists in our country who want to kill us. We're not going to let the left frame the debate.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:56 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
We're not going to let the left frame the debate.

Ha ha ha, just try to stop us! After all, Peter King is doing most of the work for us.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:58 pm

I miss Tailgunner Joe.

I wonder what his advice woud 've been on handling the Moslems.

David
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I miss Tailgunner Joe.

It'll be a happy day all around when you two can meet up and talk over old times. Take your swimming trunks, Om, it won't be the beach but it'll be warm.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:26 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
No, I'm not dumb.

Then you are a shoo in for an academy award.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David,

So let me get this straight. You agree that Peter King's hearings are a McCarthyesque Witch-hunt.

And, you think this is a good thing?

That's awesome!
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:35 am
@maxdancona,
david thinks that joe mccarthy should be the patron saint of america
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:47 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
david thinks that joe mccarthy should be the patron saint of america
Yeah, let 's put him on the $5 bill.
His birthday shoud be a national holiday.

David
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
see, i would have preferred that he was shot in the back of the head, preferably with hollowpointed slugs, or Extreme Shock ammo
http://www.extremeshockusa.com/

Wink see what i did there
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:55 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
David,

So let me get this straight.
OK.

maxdancona wrote:
You agree that Peter King's hearings are a McCarthyesque Witch-hunt.
No. I did not say that.
Thay r a Moslem terrorist hunt.

An ex-girlfriend of mine is a witch; King is not looking for HER.

maxdancona wrote:
And, you think this is a good thing?
Yeah, if it works!
If thay save 1 edifice
from having a Moslem plane driven into it,
thay will have been worth it.

maxdancona wrote:
That's awesome!
Yeah!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:58 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
see, i would have preferred that he was shot in the back of the head,
preferably with hollowpointed slugs, or Extreme Shock ammo
http://www.extremeshockusa.com/
Lincoln ?

(See what I did there ?)

djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
could be, i care not what happens to anyone who is foolish enough to dabble in politics

i believe the thinking is, if you lie with dogs you get up with fleas
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:05 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
could be, i care not what happens to anyone who is foolish enough to dabble in politics

i believe the thinking is, if you lie with dogs you get up with fleas
Yeah.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:31 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
What "fight" are the republicans starting?

Keith Ellison is a political mouthpiece, nothing more. Lefties are great at sob stories. Someone needs to bring him up to speed that those tactics are long out of date. The muslim who died on 9/11 has nothing to do with these hearings. These hearings are not about Islam. These hearins are about Islamic terrorists in our country who want to kill us. We're not going to let the left frame the debate.

Actually no, this hearing is about the radicalization of persons whose religion is Islam. It singles out a particular religion when there has been twice as many terrorist plots from non Muslims since 9/11. If the hearing was about radicalization from extremist groups done by a no partisan non political group, I think that might very well be worth doing. However, it would be hard to find people interested in the actual subject of radicalization who do not have a pre-conceived outcome in mind.

Data on Post-9/11
Terrorism in the United
States