Why do some people look far too much into topics posted on this website??

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:10 am
I have seen posts where people have read far too much into a question/discussion. Then some people start having a little argument between themselves which often has little relevance to the original subject. I think some people wish to start arguments just for the hell of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 4,929 • Replies: 104

djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:21 am
@MatthewB7621,
i don't see what any of this has to do with wikileaks or the price of tea in China, i think you're being purposely obtuse and confrontational

and just what is reality anyway
dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:25 am
@MatthewB7621,
MatthewB7621 wrote:

I have seen posts where people have read far too much into a question/discussion. Then some people start having a little argument between themselves which often has little relevance to the original subject. I think some people wish to start arguments just for the hell of it.

That kind of sums up humanity...some people like all kinds of stuff, others don't.

0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:28 am
@djjd62,
. . .
djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:33 am
@MatthewB7621,
interesting, the massive amounts (for a Canadian anyway) of UK television and radio i've listened to all lead me to believe that the British had a sense of humour, boy did i get that wrong Razz
MatthewB7621

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:56 am
@djjd62,
I have a sense of humour thanks..
djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:58 am
@MatthewB7621,
good to know, i've enjoyed your participation in the forum so far
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 07:59 am
@MatthewB7621,
MatthewB7621 wrote:
I have a sense of humour thanks..

How can we tell?

Do you aspire to be the thread relevance gestapo?
MatthewB7621

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:04 am
@Setanta,
See you're taking the piss already. All of you do it. You cannot seem to give an opinion without trying to be smart in some way.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:12 am
You've got only yourself to blame. You come here with some kind of control freak attitude, and now you whine about people taking the piss. Who are you to decide that people "look far too much into topics?" You started that thread about which is the best country in the world (an idiotic concept to begin with) and in no time flat, you're complaining about foreigners on the bus who don't speak English. Do you expect to be taken seriously after serving up tripe like that?

I live in a city with large ethnic populations from all over Asia, Africa, the West Indies, Europe and South America. They don't speak English on the bus or the subway. I know they're talking about me, because, obviously, i'm the most important person on that bus or subway car.

We may have some antipodeans here, too--but they already speak English, and we know they don't have anything interesting to say.

How's that for going off topic? Why don't you see if can have me arrested?
djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:15 am
@MatthewB7621,
when i had real life friends, our conversations often looked a lot like A2K threads, wild, rambling, off topic messes, of course they were mostly fuelled by pot or booze or some other mind altering substance (or a combo there of)

ah, good times
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:19 am
@Setanta,
I'm whacking you dog.
djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:20 am
@dlowan,
ah, thats sweet, taking the doggie for a walk

oh, wait, nevermind
MatthewB7621

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:21 am
@Setanta,
And when have I decided anything? I asked a question. And my question was not "which is the best country in the world". Anyway different people feel different ways, which is why I made a discussion about it. But all you people seem to do is complain at me. Try living in Hayes then you idiot.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:23 am
@MatthewB7621,
So now you decide to call people names. You asked what is the best country to live in, and began complaining about foreigners who don't speak English on the bus. You got the response you deserved. Now you want to whine about how people post. Once again, you're getting the response you deserve.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:25 am
@djjd62,
Does whack mean anything weird in American?
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:28 am
@dlowan,
It means to kill someone in gangster parlance, and "whack off" means the same thing as wank. Some people use whack to mean a great deal--"I got a whack of those flower pots when they were on sale."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:29 am
@dlowan,
I figured the slam on the antipodeans would get a rise out you, Miss Cunning Coney.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:30 am
@dlowan,
when combined with "off" it has a mostly male masturbatory connotation, but i was simply playing my "guy who misread the word or concept" character
djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:31 am
@djjd62,
oh yeah, forgot about the gang killing thing
0 Replies