Why do some people look far too much into topics posted on this website??

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:34 am
@djjd62,
Marvin the Torch out of Detroit contracts, "whack jobs" for $1,000 deposit plus $4,000 for the cement over-shoes.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:40 am
I've never eaten tripe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:40 am
Maybe you just didn't know it. Did you ever have menudo?
chai2

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:47 am
@Setanta,
oh god....you're right, I have eaten tripe.

or actually, I have tasted tripe juices.

I put a spoonful of the stuff in my mouth once, then immediately spit it out. I thought I had a sheeps eyeball in my mouth. It was a piece of hominy as it turned out, but I wasn't taking any chances.

Ridiculous I know, because obviously a sheeps eyeball is a lot larger than a piece of hominy....

see exhibits A and B below.

http://www2.jpscotland.co.uk/steamie/uploaded_images/cellphone-sheep1-793746.jpg

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps3521_CX2018C47A.jpg

I think you see what I'm getting at.

Say no more, nods as good as a wink to a blind man.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:49 am
Hominy is good if you cook the bejeezus out of it, and then grill it with green onions and some spicy sausage. I'll eat lamb, but it ain't my favorite . . .
chai2

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:51 am
@Setanta,
The best description of Stevie Nicks singing is "She sounds like sheep dying"

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 08:52 am
@chai2,
Laughed my ass off . . . now i have to go to the emergency room . . .
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 11:31 am
Every year when they drag out Silent Night by Stevie, I wanna grab a knife. Its the WORST christmas dirge ever.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 11:58 am
@MatthewB7621,
Matthew, this is why we were created. Robert Gentel sends a check to the one who made the most obtuse argument every month. If anyone agrees outright on any thread more than three times a month - they are banished from the internet.
Lash

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 12:00 pm
@chai2,
She is quite a low bleater. Good ear, Chai.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 12:08 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Matthew, this is why we were created. Robert Gentel sends a check to the one who made the most obtuse argument every month. If anyone agrees outright on any thread more than three times a month - they are banished from the internet.
yeah, that's what pays for my crack cocaine.
Lash

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 12:26 pm
@dyslexia,
To Dys, the perennial disagreer,

It is a boon for local ALB street denizens that you are no longer forced to hawk your wares for crack money.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 12:42 pm
@MatthewB7621,
I've been wondering about that myself dear Matthew. It's an excellent observation and I kind of wish people stop doing such.

Too many useless social and political digressions can set off their writer's own can of nitro-glyceride doing so much damage to a relatively benign thread.

That's why I was so disappointed when Robert's thread to address this exact issue was overtaken by what you exactly describe. The irony is blatant!

If I had done it myself in the past then for whose threads I have trampled on, please forgive my clumsy minotauristic fumblings into trying to vainly paint a pathetic point I was making. I will try harder not to tug on any perceived or real loose string on a thread and unravel the good intentions of the thread's author.

0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 01:24 pm
Well, there was this user JPLopsman or something. I found his topics and posts ridiculously absurd, and they sort of provoked me to go make random, off-topic comments on his threads. Part of me secretly wished to incite him into saying something nasty and stupid, and I easily succeeded. I would laugh his biting replies off and move on to the next topic.

Yeah, not the best behavior on my part, but I was just being myself, ya know.

You will get on better, Matthew, if you take this bit in: A2k is like real life - people get angry, cranky, horny and belligerent. And they show it off. And like in real conversations and debates, people digress and drift off.

This is not some kind of court room where debates will proceed in a certain fashion with a judge shrieking "order! order!" to maintain decorum in the house.

So...suck it up and try having fun despite all that, because this is not going to change.
MatthewB7621

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 06:52 pm
@spidergal,
You basically just elaborated on the point I was making to begin with and gave me advice that I don't particularly need... but thanks..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:31 am
By god, that's right, SG. He doesn't need you to tell him not to pee in his pants over nothing when he's intent on peeing in his pants over nothing.
Old Goat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:43 am
@djjd62,
"interesting, the massive amounts (for a Canadian anyway) of UK television and radio i've listened to all lead me to believe that the British had a sense of humour, boy did i get that wrong"

Retract that statement Sir, or I shall demand satisfaction!

The last time I demanded this resulted in me being served with an injunction to stay away from the vicinity of the local sheep farm and to always wear trousers in public, but I am prepared to take that risk.
MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:47 am
@Setanta,
And you're proving my point. That sad people with no lives (like you) seem to love annoying people that you do not even know. Does it give you some sort of satisfaction, trying to be smart?
Old Goat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:59 am
@MatthewB7621,
Matthew, old boy, how can I put this?

If you were a fish, you would probably be the one who opts to jump into a barrel that is surrounded by humans with guns.

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:03 am
@Old Goat,
Go! Yer Old Goat!!!
0 Replies