Why do some people look far too much into topics posted on this website??

Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:09 am
@chai2,
Nod being the same as a blind horse, (Not Man), is certainly a sexual reference...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:09 am
@MatthewB7621,
Do you get some sort of satisfaction judging those whom you don't know, calling them names? If there is anyone sad here, it's you.
wayne

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:15 am
Ok I'll drag Burt out again, this threads a bit thin on topic too.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:16 am
@Old Goat,
Old Goat wrote:

Matthew, old boy, how can I put this?

If you were a fish, you would probably be the one who opts to jump into a barrel that is surrounded by humans with guns.

Naw... He would write kick me I'm stupid on his back in glow in the dark paint...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:19 am
@MatthewB7621,
Not every question people ask looking for a simple confirmation of their prejudices is as simple as they believe... Very often simple people resent others pointing out how pat are their answers, and how thoughtless are their lives...
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:54 am
"Not every question people ask looking for a simple confirmation of their prejudices is as simple as they believe..."

Ah! But if the belief was that the prejudices were not simple, then the question would simply be just for confirmation, bearing in mind that the people looking would maybe not ask every question relating to that belief, seeing as the simplicity of said prejudices were being brought into question.

Or is it the other way round?
dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 06:08 am
@Old Goat,
Quite possibly.

Or perhaps the other way up?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 07:51 am
@MatthewB7621,
Quote:
And you're proving my point. That sad people with no lives (like you) seem to love annoying people that you do not even know. Does it give you some sort of satisfaction, trying to be smart?

Up until now, you've called at least two people sad on this forum based on their amount and nature of participation here.

I don't think just because someone actively posts here means they don't have a life. A lot of us work 60-80 hr weeks and have Internet access at work, and will pop in during the breaks. It's a really good to way unwind, let me tell you.

And most of us also have Internet access at home, so sometimes we will also check up on our threads before calling it a day.

Someone like you may think we spend our entire day trying to push our hidden agendas here, but that is so not the case.

A2k just happens to be a part of our lives - an extension of it, at least.

And then again, having a life has different meanings for different people.
MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 08:06 am
@Setanta,
I am not the one who seems to be constantly on this website. Is it your only form of entertainment??
MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 08:07 am
@spidergal,
All you're doing is pointing out things that I have done, which I know I have done, so it no longer matters. And you have not realy contributed to this thread.
Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:21 am
@MatthewB7621,
MatthewB7621 wrote:

I am not the one who seems to be constantly on this website. Is it your only form of entertainment??
It just about is for me... I think more than anything, that I don't know how to worry... I am working on my house and much of it demands serious thought, and sometimes I don't know how to do what I need to do, or what I am actually going to do until I do it... Thinking about philosophy and morality, to be more specific helps me to work out stuff in the rest of my life just because it gets my mind off of it... It is still there, but some times creative thought comes better if not forced... If I have a serious problem I do not quit thinking about it just because I do not give it my full attention..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:27 am
@MatthewB7621,
How would you know if someone were "constantly on this website" unless you yourself were constantly here? As a matter of fact, i spend about a couple of hours a day here, if that much, while i'm doing other things online which are far more interesting to me. If i spend less time doing those things, i spend less time here. You have an amazing talent for sneering at others for allegedly doing exactly what you do yourself.
MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:30 am
@Setanta,
I am not doing the same myself actually. And i'm quite sure that 2 hours a day is a fair amount of time. I think you need to get out more.
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:11 am
@MatthewB7621,
If you acknowledge that you aren't "doing the same [yourself]," then you perforce must acknowledge that you had no basis for your snotty remark. You read selectively, too--i said is spend about two hours a day here, while doing other things online. Two hours a day is not much at all. How much time do you spend watching television each day? Personally, i doubt that i spend even two hours per week watching the boob tube.

You're one judgmental son-of-a-bitch, and that's made more hilarious by the fact that you don't know a goddamned thing about any of us. Many of us here have known one another online for years, and quite a few for longer than this site has existed. As well, we have met one another in person on one or more occasions. You're out of your depth here when it comes to the snide, snap judgments you make about those whom you have encountered in your all too few visits.
MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:04 am
@Setanta,
I don't watch TV much at all thanks. I am at university, I am a part-time lifeguard, I am a police special volunteer, I go badminton once a week, I have sword fighting lessons once a week, I am an assistant Scout Leader etc. So I pretty much keep myself busy. I may have been a little judgemental, but that was only in retaliation to all the people randomly criticising my topics/posts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:07 am
Retaliation? Who told you that you are immune to criticism? Did you learn that in school? When i was at university, it was suggested that we learn forensic skills because the odds were good that most people would not agree with us.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Many of us here have known one another online for years, and quite a few for longer than this site has existed. As well, we have met one another in person on one or more occasions. You're out of your depth here when it comes to the snide, snap judgments you make about those whom you have encountered in your all too few visits.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:17 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Many of us here have known one another online for years, and quite a few for longer than this site has existed. As well, we have met one another in person on one or more occasions. You're out of your depth here when it comes to the snide, snap judgments you make about those whom you have encountered in your all too few visits.
quite true, and I might add personally that over the years I have developed somewhat of an understanding of familiar other posters that have fallen apart over the past few months. what I thought to have been true about fellow posters over the years has pretty much fallen apart in recent times leaving me more than confused re essential understandings of others thoughts/values. A quandary that renders my responses minimalized which sadden me.
Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:56 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
quite true, and I might add personally that over the years I have developed somewhat of an understanding of familiar other posters that have fallen apart over the past few months. what I thought to have been true about fellow posters over the years has pretty much fallen apart in recent times leaving me more than confused re essential understandings of others thoughts/values. A quandary that renders my responses minimalized which sadden me.
Never discount the possibilities for growth out of public confession.... It is just like therapy... As we speak we can correct ourselves, and can be certain others will see in us what we cannot ourselves see... Mea Culpa.
0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 12:46 pm
@Setanta,
Why are you talking about being immune to criticism?