Why do some people look far too much into topics posted on this website??

spidergal

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:02 pm
@MatthewB7621,
MatthewB7621 wrote:

And you have not realy contributed to this thread.

Of course not - because I haven't concurred with your opinion that most people here are sad, pathetic losers who have no life and spend all their time on this godforsaken forum annoying intelligent people like you.
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:04 pm
@MatthewB7621,
MatthewB7621 wrote:
Why are you talking about being immune to criticism?

While, earlier . . .

He wrote:
. . . but that was only in retaliation to all the people randomly criticising my topics/posts.

You need to try to keep up with the conversation.
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:05 pm
@spidergal,
If we're losers, then he must be a winner. How many beers do you think he was able to buy with his prize money?
spidergal

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:18 pm
@Setanta,
I'm assuming he doesn't drink, Set. He's a winner. Winners don't drink, now do they?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:19 pm
Beats me--according to him, i'm a loser, yet i don't drink. I was just wondering what kind of prize he got. Maybe a bag of potatoes.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:24 pm
@MatthewB7621,
MatthewB7621 wrote:

I have seen posts where people have read far too much into a question/discussion. Then some people start having a little argument between themselves which often has little relevance to the original subject. I think some people wish to start arguments just for the hell of it.

Yes, that certainly happens.

There's nothing that can be done about it.

If you think you can shame people into not doing it, you're very mistaken.

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:39 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You have an amazing talent for sneering at others for allegedly doing exactly what you do yourself.

Good ole hypocritical Setanta.
0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:01 pm
@Setanta,
That's nothing to do with being immune to criticism. You criticize me, I retaliate. Exactly what I said..
0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:04 pm
@spidergal,
I never said that most people on this website are sas pathetic losers did I? No. So don't try and quote me when I haven't said what you accuse me of.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:05 pm
@MatthewB7621,
This thread is asinine and your continued behavior inside it certainly isn't helping things.

I can answer your question for you easily: Why do some people look far too much into topics posted on this website?? Because most topics and discussions on this site are banal and boring, and it's more interesting to talk about people's motivations than it is to go over simple pap over and over again.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I know there is nothing that can be done about. These people commenting here just prove that it goes on.
wayne

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:20 pm
@MatthewB7621,
Shirley you realize, don't you, that you're not the first person to jump on a soap box and give this kind of holier than thou speech and you shirley won't be the last.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:46 pm
@wayne,
I'm not sure he realizes.

When I first posted on some site, I was dumb beyond retrieval.

Luckily, Roger showed up to correct me .
wayne

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe we didn't exist before he found us Smile
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:54 pm
@wayne,
Roger is good. We have elementary disagreements but regard each other well. We both existed before.. as did you, wayne.

Wayne, of the gorgeous atavar, but never mind..
wayne

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks. I think we all have a learning curve when we first open our mouths on line, I know I did. It's a brave new world. " We have learnt to respekt these bears very much, their being so very hard to die" Lewis and Clark
0 Replies

sahaja yoda

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:32 pm
@djjd62,
reality is the metaphisical nature of all infinte parsects of scpace and time..
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 03:52 am
@sahaja yoda,
Jesus, what a load of bullshit. There is no such word as "parsect" in Englihs. There is a word in English, parsec, which means an astronomical measure of distance, equivalent to about 3 and a quarter light years. If you just make up bullshit as you go along, don't expect to be taken seriously.
Fido

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:00 am
@sahaja yoda,
Jesus says that communication is a two way street that is never traveled without desire on both ends to be understood.... We are talking here... I don't care if you have infinite time to check my spelling or infinite time to mis-spell... If we were face to face, would I make a big deal out of the mispronunciation of a word or a misapplication??? If I could understand your point I would respond to your point... Only assholes are perfect, and only assholes demand perfection from others.... Perfection is just a conversation killer because once attained there is nothing more to talk about...
0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:30 am
@Setanta,
Who said parsect?